MainStreet Family Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Busy work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALJune 2, 2018
A typical day at MainStreet requires: Logging in the computer and clocking in on SourcePointe database. Turning on the x-ray machine, recording the refrigerator temp in the lab. Doing weekly and monthly on the autoclave machine. Setting up for DOT physicals as well as UDS. Preparing for BAT
Pros
Reliable job
Lets Be Real!
Medical Assistant 1 & 2/ Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 6, 2018
My overall experience with the company has been on a downward spiral from the beginning. From poor training to being short staffed + having no one ever being able to help out. With only a handful of people and favoritism being shown within this company there is no way humanly possible this company was willing to work with me in my time of need. A typical day for me would be checking patients in and running to the back to assist my fellow co-worker with as much as I possibly could before the next patient came through the door and do janitorial work at the end of a busy day. I was with this company for a couple months but as soon as I needed someone to help me out I was immediately wrote up. You are expected to take on multiple roles and which are all impossible to do. With a survey at the end of each visit being the UP MOST important thing to the company rather than the employees health and well-being. I left!!! FAST!! I refuse to lie to anyone about this company and say that everything was/is "GREAT" aside from receiving benefits this company has been awful… If you choose to work for this company please take this as a warning.
Pros
Cons
No lunch, No time to get lunch, Not enough staff, Low pay, Rude management
Best job I've ever had.
Regional Manager- Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 19, 2018
Love the family culture. Traveling to different clinics is nice and never boring. Getting to have face to face time with teams in all clinics adds to the positive management encounters and growth of the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule for mid level mamagement, compensation for mileage or company car, Laptop, cellphone provided, Open line of communication with higher level management, Effective discipline without punishment system to help manage employees
Cons
Great place to be a part of!
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, AL and Moody, ALApril 18, 2018
I have been with Mainstreet for almost two years now and so far it is the best job I have had! I love the family culture and positive atmosphere! This is a great place to work!
Great company for people who are invested in their careers
Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2018
It's a company all about respect, which means you are accountable for your actions and asked to take ownership in all your tasks. It can be challenging for that reason, but it is also extremely rewarding. You learn a lot here! It is not for someone who is not interested in working hard or growing. The management team is also really fun to work for.
Pros
Nice manager, good benefits, friendly patients
Cons
Fast paced even when you're tired
Structured and family oriented
Clinic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 18, 2018
MainStreet Family Urgent Care is a great company to work for! You are not just an employee, you are part of a family. Everyone within the company is very supportive and always willing to help.
Awesome job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALApril 18, 2018
Great place to work!! Good pay, no co-pays when seen in one of our clinics, opportunities to travel to other clinics, and a management team that always tries to boost morale with their employees
Pros
No co-pays for you or spouses or children, a lot of time off, opportunity for raises
Cons
no set lunches
Run Away
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 30, 2018
The management pumps you up to think you’ll be a vital role of the company only to find out that you clearly are just supposed to be another robot they’ve hired. Micromanagement of skills (even when you have the proven, correct skills/techniques) someone is there to pick it apart. Staying late into the evening, all females in the building, unsecure feeling. There is a ridiculous expectation of taking the daily drop to the bank, off the clock. Weekly inventory is a huge job assignment that is expected to be completed, regardless of how busy the clinic is. The position of medical assistant should really be called janitor. Upper management is lazy, unsupportive, and deceitful. If you get sick, suck it up- you still have to work. Run. Don’t even apply.
Pros
Scrubs/Jacket provided, Paid training & travel expenses, health insurance
Cons
Inconsistency of management being present, No break time, advertised pay is more than what you actually are paid
Good and Bad Days
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 13, 2018
I had good and bad days at work there. As anyone would on any job. There were busy days; and, then there were days where there was not really a lot of patients. My team always kept up with quality regardless of the patient load.
Productive,Relaxed,Famliy Oriented Job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Millbrook, ALFebruary 27, 2018
MainStreet is a great place to work !
Your off on Easter,Thanksgiving, and Christmas
You receive PTO time and schedule is great so you can plan your events better
Corporate Staff is great!!
Pros
Health Benefits, Good Management/Leadership, Great relaxed atmosphere, Helpful Corporate Staff
Cons
No breaks
Fun and family based
Medical Assistant 1,2,FRONT DESK SOMETIMES 3 (Current Employee) –  Valley, AL 36854February 16, 2018
We all tend to work together at times, you are able to travel to different clinics within the bussiness 's , I love tot ravel and see how the different clinics run ad work.
Pros
Family and team work based
Cons
Stock is hard to get at times, Sometimes leave way late, No cut off time to see patients at night, Close at 8 want us to keep door open until 8, No management in the building all done through emial and phone call when we have an issue
Poor interview skills from staff
None (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALDecember 23, 2017
Interviewed, but was not given the chance to prove if I could do tje job or not. Poor interview skills, my age stopped me from getting the, the skills were there, the perfect age was not.
Pros
Non
Cons
Had staff oicked before opening doors
very face-paced and productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALNovember 17, 2017
I had a great experience working for Main Street they are very friendly with their employees. I would recommend hem to anyone. Their very great with advancement.
Pros
free lunch, Pto
Cons
communication
A great place to gain experience, a fun place to work!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2017
MainStreet Family Urgent Care is still a start-up at heart, but that means all employees really have a voice to make a change! They put a lot of emphasis on the FAMILY in MainStreet Family Urgent Care. Of course, they try to treat patients like Family, but they really do try to treat employees like Family too! Even working late hours or long days, it's worth it not to have management breathing down your neck every day. On top of that, the company is always great to treat us to lunch or host fun events/contests to keep things fun!
Pros
Great people and great Family culture
very fast paced and generally busy
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoy working with this company but I can no longer work the long hours after 5 pm. It is a good company to work for and you will learn many different skills.
Great place to be seen for minimal to moderate urgent care!
Medical Assistant/Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, AL 35150June 12, 2017
I enjoy working at Mainstreet. I take care of patients, take Xrays, draw blood, collect inventory, stock rooms, check offs, refrigerator temp logs, autoclave maintenance, and run the clinic! This company will give me an excellent reference, as I have worked hard for them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MainStreet Family Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2