MainStreet Family Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Great Place to Learn and Work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, ALAugust 29, 2018
I have been with Mainstreet for almost 2 years now. I can honestly say that Mainstreet is one of the best companies I've worked for. I work in one of the companies busiest clinics and while it can get hectic (especially during flu season), the work load is balanced and fair. The benefits are good and the pay is above average for medical assistant pay. There are monthly bonuses, an opportunity for a raise every six months as well as opportunity for advancement. Above all there is no micromanagement. Management is always available when needed but they do not hover over employees. I highly recommend any of the Mainstreet clinics if you are a Medical Assistant in search of employment.
Pros
Good benefits, Good pay, Great Management
Cons
Very few breaks
I do not recommend this company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALJuly 27, 2018
Great job to work at, friendly co workers. Poor management in the company. I will not work for them and do not recommend this company for a workplace for anyone.
Pros
Benefits Mileage Pay
Lets Be Real!
Medical Assistant 1 & 2/ Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 6, 2018
My overall experience with the company has been on a downward spiral from the beginning. From poor training to being short staffed + having no one ever being able to help out. With only a handful of people and favoritism being shown within this company there is no way humanly possible this company was willing to work with me in my time of need. A typical day for me would be checking patients in and running to the back to assist my fellow co-worker with as much as I possibly could before the next patient came through the door and do janitorial work at the end of a busy day. I was with this company for a couple months but as soon as I needed someone to help me out I was immediately wrote up. You are expected to take on multiple roles and which are all impossible to do. With a survey at the end of each visit being the UP MOST important thing to the company rather than the employees health and well-being. I left!!! FAST!! I refuse to lie to anyone about this company and say that everything was/is "GREAT" aside from receiving benefits this company has been awful… If you choose to work for this company please take this as a warning.
Pros
Cons
No lunch, No time to get lunch, Not enough staff, Low pay, Rude management
Great company for people who are invested in their careers
Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2018
It's a company all about respect, which means you are accountable for your actions and asked to take ownership in all your tasks. It can be challenging for that reason, but it is also extremely rewarding. You learn a lot here! It is not for someone who is not interested in working hard or growing. The management team is also really fun to work for.
Pros
Nice manager, good benefits, friendly patients
Cons
Fast paced even when you're tired
Stressful but Reliable
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2018
As a revenue cycle specialist don't expect to ever feel caught up. There are too many denials for the two RCS to ever catch up on. You will be writing some off for timely filing especially having to answer the phone every three minutes. You work a rotating schedule so usually it is just you and a coder so the influx of calls can delay you from getting a lot of daily work done. The management understands this is a concern and hired someone else to help Mon-Fri to answer the phones but sometimes that is still not enough staff for the phones. Don't forget collection calls on Mondays~ you definitely won't get a lot done while these are going on but management tries to do these calls at the end of the day and typically they only last 1 hour to 1.5 hours.

I say reliable because there is always work to be done and every now and then overtime opportunities to reach certain goals set by upper management.

The PTO is accrued per paycheck and is a percentage based off the amount of time worked per pay period. Due to you working 10 hour days, the 40 hours of PTO per year is really 4 days BUT since you work a rotating schedule you can switch with your counterpart and may not have to use PTO. Also you are already off 3 days a week and at least one of those is always during the work week so you have time to plan doctors' appointments and such in order to use PTO for actual personal time off. They match 100% up to 3% for the 401K and half a percent up to 5%.

The CEO truly cares about all of his employees but he is very busy. A great family man that is an honor to work for!
Pros
Paid "Working" Lunch, 4 10-hr days
Cons
Working every other weekend, Can barely leave your desk
Awesome job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALApril 18, 2018
Great place to work!! Good pay, no co-pays when seen in one of our clinics, opportunities to travel to other clinics, and a management team that always tries to boost morale with their employees
Pros
No co-pays for you or spouses or children, a lot of time off, opportunity for raises
Cons
no set lunches
Productive,Relaxed,Famliy Oriented Job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Millbrook, ALFebruary 27, 2018
MainStreet is a great place to work !
Your off on Easter,Thanksgiving, and Christmas
You receive PTO time and schedule is great so you can plan your events better
Corporate Staff is great!!
Pros
Health Benefits, Good Management/Leadership, Great relaxed atmosphere, Helpful Corporate Staff
Cons
No breaks
Awful
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALAugust 20, 2018
I worked at the moody location. It was great at first... they make a lot of promises they don’t intend on keeping. I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to work for Mainstreet. They are very secretive in management. My mentor only came around if she needed to get onto the employees or write someone up. I was trained in front desk, ma1, ma2, and ma3, in the 10 1/2 months I worked there.. and still only made $12.50 an hour. You also have to clean the clinic and get in trouble if it is not spotless. I hope this is helpful for anyone that wants a stable job that doesn’t want to have to worry if they have a job the next day.
Pros
Cons
Listed below
Secretive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 20, 2018
A medical assistant should not be "demoted" from a team role by another teammember just because they've been with the company longer. Especially when the MA is already more qualified and been working the position for months!

Management is very sneaky- They give half truths to your questions or just don't get back to you on your concerns at all. Make a mistake? Expect to do multiple training courses with no forgiveness and be replaced without warning months later.

It's not about patient care quality, it's about their time and how fast can we herd them through like cattle. They put too much stress on things like a patient survey going out the door and not properly training a MA. Because of my training and previous experience, I know how to do a manual BP, draw blood, follow sharps safety, etc. However, I found myself doing multiple roles because my teammates were not exercised in their medical skills.

Every workplace has their negatives, but this place will wear you down. If you are an empathethic person with passion for helping people and good at your job, this place will rob you of that joy. It's not suppose to be that way. I loved my teammates, but micromanagement of the wrong things causes too much strain on the good workers.
Pros
Team relationship, DOT certifications
Run Away
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 30, 2018
The management pumps you up to think you’ll be a vital role of the company only to find out that you clearly are just supposed to be another robot they’ve hired. Micromanagement of skills (even when you have the proven, correct skills/techniques) someone is there to pick it apart. Staying late into the evening, all females in the building, unsecure feeling. There is a ridiculous expectation of taking the daily drop to the bank, off the clock. Weekly inventory is a huge job assignment that is expected to be completed, regardless of how busy the clinic is. The position of medical assistant should really be called janitor. Upper management is lazy, unsupportive, and deceitful. If you get sick, suck it up- you still have to work. Run. Don’t even apply.
Pros
Scrubs/Jacket provided, Paid training & travel expenses, health insurance
Cons
Inconsistency of management being present, No break time, advertised pay is more than what you actually are paid
Busy work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALJune 2, 2018
A typical day at MainStreet requires: Logging in the computer and clocking in on SourcePointe database. Turning on the x-ray machine, recording the refrigerator temp in the lab. Doing weekly and monthly on the autoclave machine. Setting up for DOT physicals as well as UDS. Preparing for BAT
Pros
Reliable job
Horrible Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 17, 2018
Upon being hired you are made to feel that you are apart of a family. Once you get in and work for a couple of months, you realize that you are just another warm body to fill a position. Do not ever get sick. They are the least understanding in that situation. They are ALWAYS short staffed. Management lies to you about getting you help in the clinic to help. They have unrealistic expectations about getting your weekly inventory completed by 11 am during a busy flu season. Most of the time in the "smaller" clinics there are only a provider and two medical assistants. During flu season you can see 50+ patients a day. You are still expected to complete inventory by said time. They will not approve you to come in early to get it done either. Then you get yelled at and threatened to be written up if you can't get it in in that time frame. Most management staff come into the clinic to criticize your every move. When you are busy and need a little helping hand they sit on their tails and watch you bust yours. Heaven help if someone in your immediate family dies. You are responsible for your shift, even if that means missing the funeral to be at work. I thought I was going to be able to make a great career working here, but I was so wrong. Also, they pump you up about making bonus every month. Well, they are constantly changing things to make it nearly impossible to make that bonus. You are also expected to sell a certain amount of pre-packed prescription medications. You are threatened with disciplinary action if you don't meet that amount weekly. Only thing I can suggest is if you  more... like being constantly criticized and talked down to and belittled, then this is the place for you! If not RUN AWAY, RUN FAR AWAY!  less
Pros
Not many if any.
Cons
Too Many to List
MainStreet Family Urgent Care
Medical Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Arab, AlabamaJune 18, 2018
I was employed at the ARAB clinic...when it was busy it was busy, but not overwhelming...co workers are extremely friendly and supportive as wekk as professional, as are the supervisors, (Mentors)...patient base became like family, a very good atmosphere...would still be there, but " the last one hired is the 1st to be laid-off" :( (summer's are slow).
I highly recommend MainStreet!
Pros
Great Working Environment
Cons
Laid off
Fun and family based
Medical Assistant 1,2,FRONT DESK SOMETIMES 3 (Current Employee) –  Valley, AL 36854February 16, 2018
We all tend to work together at times, you are able to travel to different clinics within the bussiness 's , I love tot ravel and see how the different clinics run ad work.
Pros
Family and team work based
Cons
Stock is hard to get at times, Sometimes leave way late, No cut off time to see patients at night, Close at 8 want us to keep door open until 8, No management in the building all done through emial and phone call when we have an issue
Great place to be a part of!
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, AL and Moody, ALApril 18, 2018
I have been with Mainstreet for almost two years now and so far it is the best job I have had! I love the family culture and positive atmosphere! This is a great place to work!
Structured and family oriented
Clinic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 18, 2018
MainStreet Family Urgent Care is a great company to work for! You are not just an employee, you are part of a family. Everyone within the company is very supportive and always willing to help.
A great place to gain experience, a fun place to work!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2017
MainStreet Family Urgent Care is still a start-up at heart, but that means all employees really have a voice to make a change! They put a lot of emphasis on the FAMILY in MainStreet Family Urgent Care. Of course, they try to treat patients like Family, but they really do try to treat employees like Family too! Even working late hours or long days, it's worth it not to have management breathing down your neck every day. On top of that, the company is always great to treat us to lunch or host fun events/contests to keep things fun!
Pros
Great people and great Family culture
very face-paced and productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALNovember 17, 2017
I had a great experience working for Main Street they are very friendly with their employees. I would recommend hem to anyone. Their very great with advancement.
Pros
free lunch, Pto
Cons
communication
Poor interview skills from staff
None (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALDecember 23, 2017
Interviewed, but was not given the chance to prove if I could do tje job or not. Poor interview skills, my age stopped me from getting the, the skills were there, the perfect age was not.
Pros
Non
Cons
Had staff oicked before opening doors
very fast paced and generally busy
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoy working with this company but I can no longer work the long hours after 5 pm. It is a good company to work for and you will learn many different skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MainStreet Family Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about