Majestic Inn & Spa Employee Reviews

Horrible management
employee (Current Employee) –  Anacortes, WAMarch 18, 2019
Management is terrible. Most of the managers have ZERO experience in the department they are managing. Even worse are the ones who are hired with ABSOLUTELY NO hotel experience. I have seen managers stand there and ignore guest at the desk.
Some great employees, but terrible management and unfair compensation
Head of Laundry (Current Employee) –  Anacortes, WAJune 11, 2018
To many of the employees are doing double or triple the work of others without being fairly compensated, also management puts a lot of their own obligations off on general employees, causing a lot of stress and confusion in the workplace. Very new owners, very new to the hospitality industry, they have a lot to learn and unfortunately it will only be learned through the loss of many great employees.
Pros
Free summer lunch program everyday/free in winter on weekends only, discounts on rooms and merchandise
Cons
lack of employee break area, and wage increases
Great Place to Work
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAFebruary 7, 2018
If you are willing to work hard and take advice of leadership, Majestic Inn and Spa is a great place for you! Fellow managers and the ownership company are more than willing to help guide you towards success in all ventures.
Pros
Leadership team, discounts, Pto, bonuses, culture
Cons
Being on call at all times, repetitive issues/questions/concerns
A fast paced but fun work place.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I was faced with challenges that made me a better team player in situations I had not faced before. I was able to work with kitchen crews, serving crews, as well as management to see to the overall enjoyment of our guests.
Pros
Discount on food for employees.
Cons
No dedicated breaks.
Majestic review
Front desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Anacortes WAApril 8, 2013
I got to meet a lot of different people everyday. Most of the management were great and really cared about their employees. The bar managers never stayed around long so you had a lot of different rules all the time, that was a little frustrating. I enjoyed most of my co-workers, everyone seemed to be on the same page most of the time, nothing out of the ordinary from any other job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the new bar managers and learning their rules, by the time you learned them they were gone and a new one came. I enjoyed meeting all the different people that came through the Majestic, I met some great people!
Pros
mostly a good place to work
Cons
too fast of a turn around on bar management