Major Brands Employee Reviews

Not s bad place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Not a bad place to work. My sells man was amazing and we work really well together. Never really heard from my supervisor unless it was to work outside my area in the field
Amazing company to work for and I am so appreciative of having the opportunity to be part of the MB Family.
Chains Administrative Assistant, Tammy DeWeese (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63143January 23, 2018
I chose to relocate to VA from MO. Leaving my job at MB was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.

I learned about the "Premium Beverage Industry" in a Family owned environment. As a company, we experienced many changes and I learned how to deal with changes from "Family Owned" to more Corporate. My relationships with my vendors was more than just a professional part of my work day, but we knew we could rely on each other for what was needed.

The hardest part of my job was others not understanding what I really did and it wasn't just pushing a button to make changes. I had a hard time getting others to understand the repercussions of last minute changes and how many others besides me that were affected.

I worked with an amazing TEAM!! All from different backgrounds and ages, but we were "gelled" and took on all of the challenges handed to us.
Pros
Team environment, close to home, confidence in my co-workers and my job, discounted purchases.
Cons
lack of communication between departments that affected my job.
Very Nice place to work
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NHJanuary 21, 2018
My job was to deliver appliances to homes . the weight and sizes of some of the appliances were some of the difficulties with this job. what I took away from this job is communication is key. customer to sales team then passed to delivery team never matched. overall it was fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2017
lots of pressure fast pace job. had to be at certain stops at certain times or businesses would not accept your delivery Would not recommend this job if not a fast worker
Stay Away
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2017
I left my career with a particular company to take on the opportunity with Major Brands filled with lots of empty promises and opportunities for advancement. Unfair pair, hostile work environment, no training, back door deals, preaches high morals and missions demonstrates another. Worst decision I've ever made.
Pros
Free Beer Friday
Cons
Executive leadership, lack of growth opportunities, hostile enviornment
great place to work
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 19, 2017
It was a nice place to work. They treated their employees fair. Great benfits and time off. You knew your job so there wasnt any issues. You completed your route and went home.
Great Company
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MOJuly 31, 2017
As a merchandiser a typical day would be going to the store locations and stock all merchandise that came in on the truck load.
With this job you will learn organization skills as well as people skills as you will work with customers in some way.
Never enough work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2017
It is very time consuming, waiting around for a job at Labor Ready and half the time you don't end up with a job for the day at all. The pay is awful and most of the jobs that you do get sent on aren't pleasant either. I would rather not have to work for this company ever again
Pros
Pay daily
Cons
Doesnt pay well
A company that cares for each employee
Sales Team Lead for Sam's Account (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63143March 6, 2017
I do not have anything negative to say about working here. They care for their employees and have very fair salaries and benefits. I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
work with employees on scheduling
Cons
tend to work by yourself often
Working for Private Company
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYFebruary 19, 2017
A Typical day here I would ,Developing Webplatform ,Write,Film,Edit & Market Advertisement to creating slogans,I've learn I'm not Superman I can't do it all in one day .
Cons
Healthcare, Pay& work environment
Fantastic place to build a career
Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
I've worked on both sides - a publicly traded, Fortune 500 company where I got to work in one small section of the company and at Major Brands, where you're challenged to take on a lot but you'll get work on everything. Major Brands is by far the best place I've ever worked. There are a lot of challenges the company faces and a lot of questions that need answered. If you're into process improvement the world is your oyster here. A very flat organization means you'll work cross-collaboratively with a myriad of departments on different initiatives. They'll empower even the most entry-level of analysts to deliver results, achieve deadlines and manage projects. Company culture is mostly relaxed; keep it clean, dress business casual, and you'll put in 40+ hours a week (never less). Very family-friendly, if you have family issues they will not bawk if you need to leave abruptly; family comes first and you'll feel like a part of a small family here. Management is all about development and further education as long as you continue to meet your requirements. Appraisals are silly; even if you're the best in class you'll never get to give yourself a "5" in any category because 5's have cured cancer and walked on water in one calendar year. You will HAVE to collaborate in this job, otherwise you won't be successful. If you can't work with other people you're done. Suppliers are always in and out of the office with fun events going on weekly and new products to keep it interesting. CEO is right here in STL office, very cool and fun. She is outgoing and empowering. If you put  more... in a minimum of 40 hours, you're hungry to learn and do more things, have a positive attitude this is the place for you to flourish.  less
Pros
Flat organization means you get to work a lot, Very family friendly, Small company means you'll get to know almost everyone, Passionate employees, Management promoted due to prowess in their field opposed to who-you-know, Honesty & integrity & fairness are the foundations of the office environment
Cons
If you're a smoker essentially no smoking on company property, Company still hasn't conquered sales-versus-finance mentality, You'll gather experiences not job titles, If you can't meet your expectations they will not hesitate to fire you
Shipping (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 12, 2017
Pros:The benefits are good and pay is decent, overall good company. There is overtime available most of the time.
Cons: It is hard to get on the day shift. It is a very physical job which is hard on the body.
Nice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Nice place to work. No weekends &weekly pay. They dont have benefits but u can surely make somw money here. Typixal 7a-4p. Roufhly 1200 week!!
Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day is 5a- 5p. They dont really pay much but the work was permanent. They were under major contracting differences that delay raises
Stable job with great pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2016
In the Major Brands shipping department I fulfill customer orders via the bottle line and case line. It is physical work but the advancement of hourly pay is great.

Now I load trucks which is about 2000 cases a night. Mon- Thursday shift is awesome and makes the week go by fast. It is hard work so the feeling of accomplishment after is shift has kept me here for a long time.
Pros
great pay, wage advancement based on performance, weekends off
N/a
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 21, 2016
if you are not a friend or a relative to someone there you will not be accepted by them. Lack of diversity. 99% white American, under 10 employees African American, no other culture.
Demanding Sales Driven Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2014
A normal day began usually before 5 a.m. and ended after 7 or 8 p.m. I learned many different things including event coordination, promotions, distribution, and warehouse organization among other things. Being under a microscope management-wise was not for me as I believe, if I am hired to do a job, I feel the employer and management should trust I get the job done correctly and in a timely fashion. Such was not the case with my direct manager. I loved being around my co-workers and developing new implementation strategies and designs.
Very fast-paced with daily turn around times.
LEAD SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2014
Major Brands was a very nice company to work for. I was
in charge and had all the creative freedom when designing
the sales teams work. I was able to hire an assistant and teach
her how the Design Department operates. I figured I must have
did a good job because she was with me for 8 years.

Major Brands has provided for me and my family for almost 11 years. I really enjoyed the creative freedom and learned how to get along with many types of personalities.

I learned that my hard work ethic and dedication can
really be rewarding for myself and the company.
Pros
401K, Great Benefits, Employee Discount, Outside Work Functions
Cons
Liquor laws always seem to dictate how our business will grow or decline.
I choose not to post a summary of Major Brands
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2014
Major Brands is a privately held company that declares much of the day to day information as proprietorial; therefore, a review of this company is unwarranted.
a good job if you want to work very hard around people with poor work ethics, and be forced to pick up their slack.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Great company, low compensation.
Your work day begins at 5:30, you are held to low standards of work. If you are a hard worker, your co-workers will take advantage of you as your supervisor has designated an employee who abuses company time to hand out work. This man starts work early, takes the least amount of work, then assigns whoever works the hardest the most work and calls for help for only himself.

If you don't mind putting in a hard day's work only to find no one assisted you because when you return to the office, their cars are always gone, this is the job for you.

Also the pay is based on a system where regardless of how many hours you work, they decide your overtime. Many checks given to me were for 115-120 hours in a two week period with maybe 20 hours overtime pay.

I am a hard worker so I enjoyed the hard work. I also enjoyed the self supervision I was able to function in, while watching others completely abuse it.
Pros
self supervision, freedom to perform
Cons
lazy co-workers, Poor level and system of work distribution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Major Brands. Our community is ready to answer.