Makotek

Makotek Employee Reviews

Stressful Job
This company is a cable contractor, they require weekends and long day. a typical day does not end till at least 9pm, and will include a lot of driving.
Be prepared for long evening hours with little pay
Dead end growth opportunity, unattainable goals, company NEVER satisfied. District managers continually compare different districts against one another in attempts to make that city feel as though they are not doing well. They will even out right lie in hopes you will do even more without any of the ground work people reaping any of the benefits. Bonuses are only given to General managers, district managers, and up. So the incentive is to push, push, and push even harder. It's that mentality that continues why there is such a high turnover rate.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
Salary, upper management
Job sucks
You better invest in a good exterminator. You will be infested with cockroaches, bedbugs, fleas, and any and every kind of nasty bug you can get working for this horrible company. You will spend all the money you make on fuel and vehicle maintenance. Please go as far away from Makotek as you can.
January 8, 2020
We’re sorry to hear your job at Makotek did not meet your expectations. We’d love the opportunity to get more specific feedback from you and discuss further how we can improve the experience our employees have as members of our team. Please feel free to get in touch with us at feedback@makotek.net.
Decent job, no career
Great job if ur single, average pay. Looking for a career, look elsewhere. Unaffordable benefits, zero holiday pay or sick days. Zero chance for advancement. Vacation is paid at minimum wage. If you need a job, it's not bad. If you're supporting a family trying to advance your career, look somewhere else.
January 7, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback and perspective. As an employer, we are specifically looking for team members who want to have a long-term career with us. The majority of our managers started their careers as techs working in the field, and our management team constantly looks to cultivate candidates who want to take this path. We fully recognize the challenges that come with being a field tech. The schedule does involve nights and weekends and we know this isn’t a good fit for everyone. However, our managers work hard to support our field techs so that they can have success in their positions. We’re always interested in hearing about how we can improve our employees’ experience. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net
Manager is belittling
This company literally doesn’t care about its employees whatsoever. They only care about how many Dora times you have on each work order. In my time there I have seen over 150 people come in and out of the doors. It’s a straight commission job and based on where you work a lot of the areas are poverty-stricken and the customer simply cannot afford the services. The manager is constantly belittling the technicians and there are times when you will be short on jobs and there’s nothing you can do but hit the same jobs over and over and over again and waste your time and literally work for just the gas money that you had put it in yourself
December 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As you mentioned, our pay structure is based on production. We ask our teams in all states to follow our process guidelines, and collectors typically must make contact with customers multiple times to achieve production goals. We know being out in the field can be challenging, and our managers work hard to train and support their teams. This is the Makotek standard and we’re sorry you did not feel you received this support. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@makotek.net
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Management Is NOT GOOD
There’s only one GM who refuses to hire a much needed supervisor. He wants full control of everything. High turnover. The hiring process took over 3 weeks. Not fully informed of the job and benefits. You must produce or they will fire you. They don’t like when you take off. GM tells everyone’s personal business. 6 day work week. Long hours with lots of wear and tear on your car. $.30 a mile based on their GOS not your actual mirage.
November 26, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we’re sorry you did not have a good experience with us. Our managers work with their teams to plan their routes and help them maximize pay, but we know there are challenges that come with production-based pay. For that reason we try to be clear about our expectations and processes from the beginning. The job does involve night and weekend hours as these are the best times to make contact with customers. GPS is used for work mileage verification purposes and allows for reimbursement if employee overlooks recording. With our interview and drug-testing process, it does take two weeks or more to get new hires onboard. If you’d like to share more specific details, we invite you to get in touch with us at feedback@makotek.net.
Old employee
I thought this job was really cool but they could make it a little easier on people and make the hours a little better like from 8am to 5 or 6 and it would be cool but it was a pretty easy and awesome job once you get going you do get a good pay check and the management is awesome :)
Former employee
This company is extremely fake from the start. You will not make $15-$22 an hour plus production. You will be lucky to not $200 a month after you pay for your gas a cell phone bill. They cheat you out of your mileage each week, so instead of $.25 a mile, you make about $.12 a mile. Then they tax that. This company offers employees $25 to write good reviews on here. You should run far far away from this company.
November 26, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your own experience working at Makotek. Our pay is based on production, and we know this can be a challenge for new employees while they are being trained. We work hard to train our techs and quickly get them up to speed, since compensation is tied directly to production. We find that employees earn $600 (or in many cases much more) per week when they follow our process guidelines and routes. We always value and learn from feedback, both positive and negative, that our employees provide us on review platforms and through our annual employee survey.
Great place to work!
I’m happy at this company. It’s very layed back and allows you to put as much effort into your work as you want to gain from it. I see nowhere but up from where I am now
You get paid based on your effort.
Makotek is a place for people with entrepreneurial skills who can work with minimum supervision. Also, you need to have sales and customer service skills. If you can't work with people this is not the place for you.
This job sucks
Don't work for them unless you like getting screwed the managers will steal your jobs and give to the good ones to there favorites they will lie to you from the start
Pros
Cons
They suck
October 9, 2019
We appreciate the feedback that you shared about your experience working at Makotek and are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Since pay is based on production, we are very transparent about how employees are compensated, how routes are assigned, and how individual routes help Makotek meet its overall goals and serve our clients and customers. If you’d like to share more about your specific experience, we invite you to get in touch with us at feedback@makotek.net
Great place for a career
I enjoy working at Makotek. Only been with this company for a week now but I’m getting goals accomplished at a fast rate. Highly recommend this job for anyone who’s ambitious
Cool and laid back atmosphere
I used to work there not long enough to give a full assessment but the atmosphere was laid back co workers were awesome the job was good some bad days some gud days just like any other job the money wasn't enough for the cost of living and the wear and tear on my personal vehicle other than that the job was fine
Pros
Weekly pay a hour lunch break be your own boss
Cons
Not enough pay and wear and tear on your vehicle
October 9, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience working for Makotek. Since we do ask employees to use their personal vehicles, we reimburse them for this on a per mile basis. As you mentioned, the atmosphere is laid-back, and many employees appreciate the freedoms of the job and the control they have over their production.
You will get what you give
What I mean by you get what you give is that hard work is rewarded. Manager is extremely playback you do your job do it well he leaves you alone. Opportunities for advancement are great.Company growing.
Pros
You are left to make your own route decisions kind of like being Your Own Boss
Cons
If you are one to constantly need supervision you will not do well
I love working here because it's laid back place, and the pay potential for the position's requirement is greater than any other company around in the local area.
Great job !!
What I love about this job is the opportunity to make as much money as I can through my skills and knowledge. Every day is different and never boring. The better I work the more I can make and there is no limit !! It is actually fun and challenging to out do myself from previous weeks and pad my pockets!!
Thanks for this opportunity!!
Best job ive had so far
So far this has been on of the best jobs I've had. The pay is more than fair and the more you collect the more you make plus you get compensated for gas. The manager here is one of the friendliest I met and gives you plenty of hours.
Great Job for Flex Schedules
I think this is a great job for people who just need an extra paycheck. The hours of this job are so flexible (between 3pm-8pm) that I can work another job if I wanted to. I like interacting with new people everyday, it keeps it feeling new. If you are good at navigating to houses and can keep a steady pace in the field, the potential to earn is high.
Pros
Good bosses, Ease of Schedule, Pay is what you earn
Cons
Weather can slow you down, If work is low, it can effect your pay.
Makotek is a career if you give it your all.
Makotek has no limits on how much you can make. You work hard and learn the job at your own pace. You will easily make 1000 a week. And when it does tend to slow down there always more thing to do to make more money. And having a wife and a daughter in high school. It allows me to not miss a thing. No other job is like it. You just need to be self motivated.
Productive work place
Willing to work around my other job with out an issue. Fast pace never a dull moment. Pleasent work environment.. glad i make the decision to join the team.
You get what you earn
I’ve worked at Makotek for almost 9 years now and it has allowed me to recently buy a house and get married. The job itself is easy, but your success depends on you. If you don’t feel like going to work, you will not make anything. Without being able to talk to people in a caring, empathetic way, it could pose as an obstacle to your success.
Pros
Pay is fair, schedule is great, adaptability is great
Cons
When the workload drops so does your pay. No 401K or retirement benefits.