Makotek

Makotek Employee Reviews

It’s an ok place to work, it wasn’t that bad...they really helped me make some serious cash, they do need to work on the mileage reimbursement. Management is ok.
Pros
Flexible Time
February 1, 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback! We are happy to have you as a part of our team! If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions regarding any insight you may have on our mileage reimbursement, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
The manager and regional manager will lie to you and tell you that you will make $20+ per hour, which most people do their first week, then you will see your paycheck fall. Collecting money by calling and showing up at someones door is very hard to do especially when your in poor neighborhoods, which you will be because the people you collect money or equipment from are poor or criminals or both. Just pass this job up and save yourself alot of anger.
Pros
Cons
Too many
The job was not as described in interview. Lots of wear on your car. The company will not reimburse for all miles driven. Basically its a money grab company, using low cost to free labor for profit.
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours
January 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are sorry your employment wasn't what you expected.Employees use their personal vehicles and we reimburse employees on a per mile basis using our GPS technology. Compensation is always tied to individual production. We do our best to explain these things during the interview and throughout the training process. It is very important for our employees to understand their compensation before they hit the field.If you’d like to discuss your feedback further, please feel free to get in touch at feedback@makotek.net.
I absolutely love being apart of Makotek. The atmosphere, what I do everyday and the training is great. My work life balance is great as well too. Great company to work for.
Pros
Great training, they help you to be successful
January 11, 2021
Thank you so much for your honest feedback! We are so happy to have you as a part of our team! If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
Must have thick skin and be ready to work all the time no matter what, personal, health or risk losing your job. Was a great company at first!! But than new management took a office making great number and family feeling and caring!! To a numbers only office with a new manager to busy trying to prove he is the boss. Instead of trying to understand and trust the longing standing employees. Driving all of them away and not caring
Pros
Cons
Everything under the sun
January 4, 2021
We’re sorry to hear your experience at Makotek did not live up to your previous expectations. At Makotek, we take pride in our family-like atmosphere while also focusing on the important numbers. Being in collections means that it is important that we meet all the goals and expectations set by our clients. We’d love the opportunity to get more specific feedback from you and discuss further how we can improve the experience our employees have as members of our team. Please feel free to get in touch with us at feedback@makotek.net.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Started working in the Longwood office while I was still extremely young and the management team helped me grow so much professionally! The ONLY reason I quit is because I got super sick in the beginning of COVID and unfortunately had no way of contacting them. Still an extremely amazing company none the less.
January 4, 2021
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you left, but we are so glad you had an amazing experience while you were here. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
Great place to work wish I stayed there longer had a great trainer and great boss fun place to work all the employees are chill and they are there to help each other out
September 16, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad to hear you had a great training experience and that you enjoyed working for our Manager in East Syracuse. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent work environment. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
● Work-life balanceAlot of wear and tare on your own vehicle. The pay is not what was expected. Falsely advertised on Indeed● Pay & benefitsI'm missing two pay checks from this company● OverallPoor pay, too much wear and tare on your own vehicle. I'm missing paychecks from this company. When my vehicle went down and I didnt have the money to pay for it because I was missing paychecks, they let me go.
September 29, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! Wear in tear does happen when you are working a position that includes driving from customer to customer, but this is why we are happy to provide all employees with a mileage compensation to help with those costs, as we advertise on Indeed. In regard to your claim that you were missing 2 paychecks, our pay checks are sent out weekly on a very strict schedule to ensure all of our employees are paid on time. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
I works at the field every day,I have the flexibilty to accomodate my route as productive possible, that give me the opportunity to get more payments that results in better compensation at the end of the week
Pros
Working flexibility
August 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you like the flexibility of our work. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
I have been with Makotek for a little over 2 years now and am very pleased with them! My coworkers and manager are very fun to work with and I am constantly learning new things and have plenty of opportunity for growth within the company. I am looking forward to continuing my time here!
August 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
Being a part of Makotek has been a pleasure since I was first brought on board. Management and the company culture are what attracted me to this company because Makotek is continuously focused on growth and success. So far, I have no cons about working for Makotek and I look forward to growing my career further.
Pros
Great company culture, management cares
August 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
This job takes 3 days to learn, and 2 weeks to understand. Once you understand your function and the general flow/routine of the job, you can then begin to craft a selling routine for yourself to maximize your earnings while delivering results for the organization. The position is called a field technician or retention rep, but this is really a sales job with built in leads. Every customer you go to see basically knows you're coming - so there are no uncomfortable cold calling type scenarios - and you are there to generally help them by getting the services back up and running (or retrieve their equipment to stop the billing process). Its that simple. When interviewing, I was inquiring about the pay, and concerned I would be able to earn enough to cover my family needs. I was told that the more customer contact you make, the more money you will earn. If you can talk to people, work with people, and keep the customers scheduled properly for follow up, the sky's the limit. You are paid when the customer pays you their past due bill. You get paid when the customer returns the equipment to you. You still get paid when the customer comes home, receives your notification door tag you left, and pays direct to the Company. You get paid when people ask you through the course of your day if you can take their old cable boxes/routers back. You get bonus pay when the Team hits the Company target for the month. This is really a great job.
Pros
Pay structure, repeat customers, set your own pace, freedom from the 4 walls of an office or building.
Cons
Customers hesitant/skittish to pay us directly and they pay the bill on the service providers app.
August 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your honest feedback and for your constructive outlook on how performance can affect your overall work and how important production is to the pay! We are so glad to hear you enjoy working for Makotek. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
New to the job and so far it’s fun. Still getting to know the ropes and thankful management is always there to help out with questions related to the job. From what I see it is what you make of it. Anyone doing Lyft, Uber, DoorDash or Postmates would be right for this job. You definitely will put less miles on your car and Makotek pays you for the miles. Would like to write more but need a little more time working this job.
Pros
work outside, paid mileage, seems to be good pay, benefits
Cons
work saturdays but what good job doesn’t. Drive in all kinds of weather.
August 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad to hear about your positive experience while working with us. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
I love this company, this job may not be for everyone but if you enjoy working on your own and with the support of great management and a great team then it is so worth it. Always having a positive attitude when I go to work is important to me as a person and the team I have and the management are just fantastic. Are there hard days, of course as there is with any job, but the good out weighs the bad. The pay is based on the work you put in and the efforts. Is it easy to start off, of course not but after taking the time to learn and know I could do it I would not want to be with any other company!! Thank you Makotek for giving me the opportunity to love what I do
Pros
Great pay, and even better team work!!
Cons
Hours
July 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your honest feedback and for your constructive outlook on how performance can affect your overall work! We are so glad to hear you enjoy working for Makotek. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
You will succeed at this job if you are good at sales. You have to have the gift of gab in order to pursued the customer. If you are good at that the bonuses are MAJOR!!!!!! However, you will definitely put milage on your vehicle and you work rain or shine.
Pros
Working alone; Bonuses when you can make them.
Cons
Working 6 days a week.
August 24, 2020
The great thing about this job, you get what you put into it. The harder you work the more money you can make. If you follow the system they give you.. sky is the limit.
Pros
Working outside, supportive management
Cons
benefiits could be better but not bad
July 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear you enjoy the systems we put in place for success. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Makotek so far, I have flexibility, great co-workers, and I get the freedom of being on my own and completing my tasks.
July 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear you enjoy working for Makotek. If you’d like to share more feedback and suggestions, please reach out to us at feedback@makotek.net at any time!
This place is okay to work for awhile and the pay can be decent if you work hard for it. On the other hand, if you need guaranteed money each week this place is not the place for you. If you are the only one working to pay your bills, it is way too inconsistent. My local manager is great, but the guy above him is the worst boss I have ever had to work for (and I have definitely had my differences with some managers). On top of being a terrible boss, he has no problem bragging about how much money he makes in a given time period while he knows the employees he is talking to are struggling.
May 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We offer Full-Time and long-term employment. Our pay is production based and employees can consistently earn more than the average pay in their respective locations. We are sorry to hear that you had some differences with management, and we would like to know more. Please feel free to get in touch with us at feedback@makotek.net.
Everything they tell you before hired is a hoax don't fall for it as i had. The biggest mistake of my life, but to each is on. In my experience its not worth the car trouble the company will cheat you out of gas mileage you are pretty much on your own. In the beginning they tell you commission plus pay rate that's a lie. Its either or
March 18, 2020
Thank you for sharing these comments with us. Since employees do use their personal vehicles as part of the job, we reimburse employees on a per mile basis. We use GPS technology so the tracking and reimbursement process is standardized for employees in all Makotek locations. We want new and potential employees to know that this is a production-based job and compensation is tied to individual production. If you’d like to discuss your feedback further, please feel free to get in touch at feedback@makotek.net.
Worked my butt off first couple weeks cause ya get paid based on stuff ya collect not hourly so I wanted a big check ,3rd week came around cause they they hold the first 2 when I got all 3 was 6 hundred some dollars 😑
Pros
Nice trainer
Cons
Everything else
March 3, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We know the first few weeks of training and working in the field can be a challenge since our pay is based on production. Our managers and veteran techs work hard to support and train our new employees during this time. Once full time employees are trained in our process guidelines and routes, we find they earn $600 (or in many cases much more) plus reimbursement per week. As you mentioned, compensation is tied entirely to an individual’s production.
Horrible. They cheat you on mileage beat on your car and expect you to work 6 days a week. Big revolving door. Yo constantly meeting new employees who quit on the first day, first week, etc. No one last month than a month or 2. Want proof just ask anyone who works there when they started
March 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We reimburse employees on a per mile basis using GPS. Our reimbursement policy and process is standard across the company and communicated to employees from their date of hire. As a company, our top hiring goal is to find team members who wish to establish a career with us, and we have many long-term employees who thrive with our production-based compensation. We’re sorry to hear this was not your experience of Makotek.
  1. Employee Reviews