Makotek

Makotek Employee Reviews

1099 Commision
For the amount of wear and tear and mileage of using personal vehicle the pay did not equal to it

Gas was reimbursed .30 cents per mile but I put over 1600 miles on my vehicle in the 1 month of employment
The normal day
The typical day wasn't very hard but it was stress how the people acted when you where trying to collect the equipment or the money.the best part of the job was the freedom of no boss around
Pros
the freedom of no boss around
Cons
the verbal abuse you got from people
terrible place to work
management is bottom of the barrel. They don't care about you or your family. There is not a positive thing I can say about this company. They suck, they suck.....
Official response from Makotek
June 28, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t feel supported by our management team. Empathy and care for our employees is a top priority of our managers and of Makotek overall. We would love to get more information and details from you about your experience, so we can better understand the issues you’ve encountered, and take steps to help. Please feel free to confidentially message us at feedback@makotek.net or through Facebook messenger.
My experience at makotek
This was worst place I have ever worked no base salary I did non-pay that means I only get paid if I get payments for spectrum we were getting $85 a payment then makotek almost cut out pay in half $55 a payment and then they put conditions on it if you don't get $100 per payment you only get $35 a payment the worst company ever
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
Official response from Makotek
June 28, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always appreciate hearing about our employees’ experiences, both positive and negative. As you mentioned, we do have a production-based pay structure. We work to be very transparent about how this works, and how employee compensation is tied directly to their production. Many employees like the control this gives them over how much they earn, but we also recognize the challenges that come with it. Because we are a cable contractor, our pay structure is controlled by our contract with our client, and fluctuations do sometimes happen. We give as much advance notice to our employees as we can. The most important role of our managers is to support employees to help them strategize, plan their routes and maximize compensation. We’d love the opportunity to discuss how Makotek can better support you. We encourage you to email us at feedback@makotek.net or through Facebook messenger.
Honestly a great job
I joined Makotek not too long ago and I have been happy so far. You get to work on your own so if you like that, this is the job for you. I love to drive and this job does have a lot of driving so its nice being on the road. My manager is a super funny guy and he's been great with helping me get started and makes sure I am comfortable out in the field. It was a bit tough at first, but after training I have been pretty good on my own. Overall, highly recommend. Honestly, it is a great job with the opportunity to make a ton of money.
Pros
Driving, Working solo, Great Pay, Amazing Manager
Cons
Work to later evenings
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great Place
A typical day at work for me is to reach my daily goes for the day. I learned how to be more direct on the phone when communicating with customers.
The work place culture is pretty laid back ,the environment felt comfortable for me. The hardest part of the job was to meet the daily goals, and the most enjoyable part of the job was when bonus was met
verbal abusive manager, poor wages
We was lied to and often made to do work without being paid. You go to peoples homes and collect equipment and money they owe. I would not recommend this job.
Great job for a go getter
Great job for a go getter great money good paying company for your work but no room for advancement and you use your own vehicle boss was pampering his kids instead of doing what was good for the company i got hurt and was qualified for a manager's spot that opened and i got put on comp instead of keeping me working just to fill it with the bosses 21 year old son
Pros
Money shows the rewards of your work
Cons
Use your personal vehicle
not bad
Every morning you had to come in to the office for a meeting with every employee.there was about 12 employee at the time, they reviewed sales and orders that nee to be done. You learned what was happening with the company. You also had to come drop off all equipment and payment that you had collection from the day before.The hardest thing to do was disconnect a person service from the cable line on power lines. There was days where is would rain and you to work, certain order job had to be filled by a due date and you were required to finish everything on time. you were also required to collect payments instead of the disconnection.
Pros
the pay was great.
Cons
every stressful
Install Service Tech
I enjoyed my bosses there. I had an overall enjoyable experience working for the company during the highpoint 1 & 7 takeover. Smaller company and not so many policies to follow.
Nothing more than a joke of a company
Poor leadership (they don't care if good techs leave)
Awful pay (McDonald's pays more)

Constantly changing structure that has inhibited techs to be successful

New hires are lied to about pay
Jokes amongs the staff
We all always make ourself happy at any given time.  Collection of past due to restore the service.
 Service disconnection due to non-payment.

 Equipment pick up from disconnected address.

 Worked with Jumpstart to complete the work order.
Great pay, work on your own, but could be dangerous at times.
Great pay, work on your own, but could be dangerous at times. You get what you earn. Had to drive your own car and often go into dangerous neighborhoods to collect money.
Pros
Great pay and work on your own
Cons
Can be dangerous.
Not a pleasant place to work
Makotek is full of lies. They keep you on hold for many days, and whenever they got work they make you travel far, knowing that you ain’t got the money for gas. They promise work and then you got to beg them for hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No breaks
short hours
they would not give you the full time hours to get insurance
it is a collection job on a dialeer for time warner if this would of been better hours it would of been good
competitive company trying to get better all the time
this company was pretty new when i worked for them. at the time they seemed to be growing at a pretty good pace. and had some growing pains as it related to contractor management. but i felt they were always striving to improve upon this
I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon
This job is pretty straight forward. We get our work orders, drive to their houses to pick up equipment, go home, and come back the next day to return the equipment and do it again.

I like being able to stay in my car and drive around. I hate being stuck in an office. Its GREAT!

The work environment is pretty laid back. Our manager is super chill.

The hardest part about the job would have to be when people are not home the first time and then I have to go back to them the next day. Besides that, its pretty easy and straight forward. Not going to lie, its pretty easy money.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
A lot of driving
no life balance
Working at Makotek was hard on my conscience. We were taught to manipulate customers for better overall numbers. We were encourage to lie for the benefit of the company. We told to bend federal privacy rules.
Pros
salary
Cons
no life balance, effected my moral beliefs
Great work, Local Management leave something to be desired
The work was there and pay was always on time and accurate. The manager would always complain because you didn't save enough customers or you didn't collect enough from the ones you did save. He would always complain about the other techs to me and me to the other techs.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Manager
Great working environment makes a challenging job so much easier.
Makotek has been an integral part of my life for almost 6 years. I started at the bottom of my totem pole ,as a Field Retention Tech and youngest tech in the office, to eventually work my way up to a General manager position. I will always grateful to Makotek for showing their belief in me. The job has always been on the stressful side when dealing with irate customers, but overall you are justly rewarded for the work you put in and will be handsomely rewarded if you produce.
Poor environment, low pay, poor management, poor company
High out of pocket start up, low pay, use your own truck, very poor management. Just stay away, useless you like to be used and abused. This job will cut into your very day life. Work over normal hours, 6 days a week.