Mall of America Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 5, 2018
There is a significant amount of favoritism and unfair treatment from the supervisors. There is also a lot of inter-departmental drama and politics. Pertinent information is not communicated clearly to the subordinates which makes daily operation poor in terms of helping guests.
moa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 17, 2018
OK part time job, no benefits. work weekends and nights. Flexible with class schedule. Its for high school and college students who are like first or 2nd year.
Great Place to work at
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 12, 2018
It was a great place to at where people move up and find new opportunities. I liked working this place because it worked with my school schedule and it was fun experience
I did not work here
Analytics Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2018
I did not work here so I do not understand why I have to write this, this in unpaid internship experience. Mall of America only reviewed our work at the very end.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Ropes Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 27, 2018
The most enjoyable part working at the Mall Of America is honestly the guest. I love interacting with all the guests we have there, I dance with the kids, talk about babies with the adults when there are at the rides, taking pictures with the guests or asking taking a picture for them. The most enjoyable part about the job though is the workers, a lot of the workers there are from so many races/ethnicity that when ever we have tourist season they don't feel alone or scared when they come there because they don't feel alone (and that's from me personally asking them how they felt about coming to the Mall.
Pros
discounts, fun worker activities
Cons
Trying to request a day off
N/a
Exterior Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 13, 2018
Just a regular day on the job as always. Connecting with co-workers internally and externally. Making new associates and building new relationships is what the mall offers as an employee.
Bouncy house
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 10, 2018
it was fun and cool to work at
thats it it was cool but u could never talk to someone about if u need to call off and then they blame you and that was
Pros
good pay
Cons
dont nobody answer your important calls
A lot of opportunity to meet new people
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 27, 2018
The job had very intense cleaning.

I learned floor care, carpet care, various equipment knowledge.

The workplace culture had many people from areas of the world.

The hardest part of the job was managing building security and safety.

The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
The many food options was fantastic
Cons
Never felt like enough hours in the day to get the job complete
Personally, Only ok
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 17, 2018
I was a security officer that had just come home from Iraq. It was a long drive from where I lived and the hours were undesirable. 7 pm to 3 am. Training was excellent as I was able to work with the Maplewood PD while I was trying to complete my Law Enforcement degree. The job was incredibly stressful, management was harsh. I loved being able to help people, especially when there were lost people or children disconnected with their families. Hardest part of the job was being away from my wife and daughter. I was in school, the Army and a full time job with funky hours, so I rarely got to see them.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Hours
Nice Work Environment
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 28, 2018
Nice environment and great discounts. During the week days it is kind of slow and on the weekends it is a little overwhelming but the training is very effective and helps.
All the stores
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 9, 2018
I like work with the people I work with. I like meeting people that come to the mall of america. The people I meet come from all parts of the world and city.
It's alright
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2018
Not for the faint hearted
Fast paced environment
Hours not super flexible
Benefits are great
Some Managers are great, some could use more training on managing employees
great pay
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2018
there was always room for overtime great place to work you get discounts at all of the stores in the mall great pay and great hours there was always room to move up
Terrible environment, not sure about new management
Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55425May 14, 2018
Old management at Paciugo were rude and terrible. Due to health code I couldn't come in for 48 hours after throwing up. I had a virus and was throwing up everyday for about two weeks. After telling my management and stating that I would bring in doctor and urgent care notes they said that because I couldn't have any accommodations (due to it being a fast paced and a gelato shop, there wasn't any accommodation that would work due to me throwing up) that I would need to be in the next morning for a full shift with no leaving to throw up. I quit right then and there.
tips about working at moa
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 8, 2018
The Weekends is when it gets busy but the time also goes by fast because you are consistently moving and helping others. the hardest part is when its extremely busy and breaks are short.
Pros
discounts
Cons
it gets busy
Great place for work in your life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 4, 2018
Please see my pros and cons below. If you need a security job and do not want to work for a contract security employer then the Mall is a great choice. It is a wonderful experience if you are a recent graduate or are looking for some security experience, this is the BEST. There is so much in-house training, it is better than any other opportunity. They should pay more but that is just how this field is. You DO not work here for the money.
Pros
Great benefits, amazing health insurance, tuition reimbursment, a lot of training opportunities, great people and networking
Cons
The paramilitry enviornment, lack of upward mobility, corporate feel - the focus is on revune and not overal safety
Fun place, strict rules
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 27, 2018
Lots of fun was had working there, but the rules and expectations of staff are strict and high. However, this attention to detail helps the Mall of America retain the highest quality employee, and provides for the best possible experience for guests. Was hard to see this at the time but in retrospect it was an excellent place to work where I have made life long friends.
Pros
Co Workers, Atmosphere
Cons
Strict Rules, Forced Overtime
Worked as barista in 2015
Barista (Former Employee) –  Caribou CoffeeMarch 10, 2018
It was a good job. I enjoyed the work, my coworkers were awesome, it was a busy job but the company and the work helped make it pass quickly.
Mall employees from all over the mall have their own sort of community, and we served a lot of other mall employees at our location. Got to know some really great folks that way.
Pros
Food court discount
Cons
Sometimes stressful, hard work, annoying customers
Rides
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 5, 2018
You get to learn to operate many rides, and it’s a big place to work at. Also you get free ride ticket the day you work and also 50% for friends and family
Pros
Ride tickets
Cons
Big place to work
A great place to work, helpful supervisors and good staff.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 9, 2018
I loved working for the MOA. It can be a little frustrating at times dealing with guests but that is any job. I believe it is a great stepping stone for Law Enforcement in any position at MOA. The supervisors treat you well and you can talk to them.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches (holidays, etc). Shifts go smoothly. You are treated well by your supervisors and treated as family.
Cons
Breaks are scheduled and can be earlier or later than wanted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mall of America. Our community is ready to answer.