Mall of America Employee Reviews

Great company
Event and Marketing Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 10, 2019
Great Company to work for! Company culture, very team oriented and willing to help each other when needed. Great benefits as well for employees. Hard work life balance though.
Just a project
Unpaid Internship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2019
I have to review this now since I cannot move further otherwise but I have never worked in Mall of America, they are my client for a college project so I have no opinions on the company or their work
Positive, vibrant, and overall a fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 25, 2019
It’s a good starting job but it’s not something I can see myself doing for a long period of time. It was a good retail experience to add to my resume.
Pros
Good breaks
long and tiring.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 16, 2019
I would take the train for 30 minutes, after that i would clock in and go to my location for that day, on the weekdays its slow but the weekends you can encounter up to 50,000 people.
fun workplace
Food Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 19, 2018
being in the mall can get annoying , but overall it was a fun work place because of how many different people you see including famous people and it offer you to earn great customer service skills
it is an okay job
Bloomington - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2018
it would be busy on weekends and is a fast-paced job. I learned how to adapt to things quickly and easy. the hardest part of the job was when we would have very angry customers who would need help from the TL's and they are not usually around.
ok job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 15, 2018
it was an ok job. most team leads and sups are cool but some are biased. they will mostly side with the guests if they have any complaints and will go against company policy.
Pros
cool people
Cons
bad management
Was a fun place to work
concierge coordinator, mystic Lake casino hotel (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 9, 2018
I did not work for the Mall of America, but the company I worked for within the mall was great. The Mall of America was a really fun place to work and I would definitely recommend it as a place to work.
Poor Management
Guest Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 5, 2018
There is a significant amount of favoritism and unfair treatment from the supervisors. There is also a lot of inter-departmental drama and politics. Pertinent information is not communicated clearly to the subordinates which makes daily operation poor in terms of helping guests.
moa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 17, 2018
OK part time job, no benefits. work weekends and nights. Flexible with class schedule. Its for high school and college students who are like first or 2nd year.
Great Place to work at
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 12, 2018
It was a great place to at where people move up and find new opportunities. I liked working this place because it worked with my school schedule and it was fun experience
I did not work here
Analytics Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2018
I did not work here so I do not understand why I have to write this, this in unpaid internship experience. Mall of America only reviewed our work at the very end.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Ropes Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 27, 2018
The most enjoyable part working at the Mall Of America is honestly the guest. I love interacting with all the guests we have there, I dance with the kids, talk about babies with the adults when there are at the rides, taking pictures with the guests or asking taking a picture for them. The most enjoyable part about the job though is the workers, a lot of the workers there are from so many races/ethnicity that when ever we have tourist season they don't feel alone or scared when they come there because they don't feel alone (and that's from me personally asking them how they felt about coming to the Mall.
Pros
discounts, fun worker activities
Cons
Trying to request a day off
N/a
Exterior Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 13, 2018
Just a regular day on the job as always. Connecting with co-workers internally and externally. Making new associates and building new relationships is what the mall offers as an employee.
Bouncy house
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 10, 2018
it was fun and cool to work at
thats it it was cool but u could never talk to someone about if u need to call off and then they blame you and that was
Pros
good pay
Cons
dont nobody answer your important calls
A lot of opportunity to meet new people
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 27, 2018
The job had very intense cleaning.

I learned floor care, carpet care, various equipment knowledge.

The workplace culture had many people from areas of the world.

The hardest part of the job was managing building security and safety.

The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
The many food options was fantastic
Cons
Never felt like enough hours in the day to get the job complete
Personally, Only ok
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 17, 2018
I was a security officer that had just come home from Iraq. It was a long drive from where I lived and the hours were undesirable. 7 pm to 3 am. Training was excellent as I was able to work with the Maplewood PD while I was trying to complete my Law Enforcement degree. The job was incredibly stressful, management was harsh. I loved being able to help people, especially when there were lost people or children disconnected with their families. Hardest part of the job was being away from my wife and daughter. I was in school, the Army and a full time job with funky hours, so I rarely got to see them.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Hours
Nice Work Environment
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 28, 2018
Nice environment and great discounts. During the week days it is kind of slow and on the weekends it is a little overwhelming but the training is very effective and helps.
All the stores
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 9, 2018
I like work with the people I work with. I like meeting people that come to the mall of america. The people I meet come from all parts of the world and city.
It's alright
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 31, 2018
Not for the faint hearted
Fast paced environment
Hours not super flexible
Benefits are great
Some Managers are great, some could use more training on managing employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mall of America. Our community is ready to answer.