Mallinckrodt Employee Reviews

great pay. horrible security. lots of work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2019
very fast paced, lots to learn, nice employees. learning opportunities are tough because you are always so busy. co-workers are the best part of the job. Bosses can be great or awful, depending on who you get. No room for mistakes, you will be fired on the spot, evening if you are still learning/training.
Pros
pay is good, benefits are good
Cons
long hours, shifts can be switched in a heartbeat with no say
I have a great respect for them as an employee and a contempary40+
0perator upward (Former Employee) –  raleigh n.c.November 28, 2018
I worked for Mallincrodt directly out of High School , before being
encouraged to return to college. I worked part time then. for 30+ years I was a contempary to them. They are an excellent company to wok for
Cut throat environment led by a megalomaniac
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 14, 2018
One of the most horrible experiences of my life. I had more fun with drill instructors in the military and certainly felt more respected. The current CEO of this company has managed to totally kill any hope of morale in this company. It is a sad state of affars.
Pros
They paid on time
Cons
HR led by senior management
Hadr pace working enviroment
Packaging Operator Level II / OJT (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Mallinckrodt offers a steady job with a fair salary and benefits. It also provides opportunities to advance and develop a career. Working at this company you have to be able to work as a team member. Your job is affected by your coworkers and you affect theirs as well. The hard part of working for Mallinckrodt is to be able to balance personal and professional life since you are required to work overtime, which a lot of times put you in conflict.
Pros
Paid vacations, health insurance, 401K, opportunity to advance.
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Mnk
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2018
Mallinckrodt is much like other solid companies in that the management team builds the culture. your direct boss makes the company what it is. With a solid culture intact at Mallinckrodt, this is a great place to be.
Fun people and great products
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 21, 2018
Company is strong and people are great. I would retire from MNK if I could.
Strong values and mission is adhered to. Lots of growing pains but worth the transitional feeling while working toward goals.
A demanding job.
Chemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 26, 2018
None of the work is rocket science, but it all demands willingness to concentrate and commit to the task at hand. Errors are usually very costly, due to the nature of the product (radioactive).
Pros
Individual nature of most assignments, though part of a team.
Cons
Too many meetings.
Not a bad place to work!
Stationary Engineer/Utilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2018
Good Pay, with knowledgeable employees. People take pride in their work and for the most part do their jobs fairly well. Management has its ups and downs, but that is expected in the industry. I would recommend this place to friends.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Great coworkers, horrible leadership & culture
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
Coworkers were the best part of the job. Was a high performing employee until after a few mergers and the new leadership decided I wasn't showing value. Never had a bad performance review & was promoted multiple times.
Leadership is not transparent, or trustworthy. Horrible corporate culture, strong lack of communication from Executive leadership level down . No sense of longevity of any kind with respect to future opportunities and growth within the company to build a future for yourself. New leadership from mergers more interested in protecting the consultants & vendors they brought with them than fellow MNK legacy employees. Horrible.
Pros
Competitive Salary, great benefits, some great colleagues, very diverse environment
Cons
Horrible culture, poor communication, backstabbing in VP levels of mgmt (even among each other).
Good leadership under current site director.
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2018
Good people and leadership. Corporate involvement was pretty good with sharing and support. The biggest issue was the decline of volume due to the generic narcotics market with no pipeline of new products.
Innovative, dynamic environment
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
Organization is embracing a rapid pace of change which provides an opportunity to work cross-functionally to set policies/practices. Lots of opportunity for on the job learning.
Hard work, stay protected and be safe and on time
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
money was good but the environment was not so good. Rotating hours were bad for health. Wanted to go back because the salaries in other industries were bad but one in stuck between bad conditions or bad wages.
Pros
pay
Cons
work conditions and hours
worked in shipping
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYJanuary 10, 2018
Worked in shipping department prepared bill of lading for truck provide the correct dot according toregulations call trucking company to pick up special shipment
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
not every one was treated the same
productive
Driver/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2017
I was a retiree at the time working at Mallinckrodt not for benefits but to expand my working experience in a totally new environment and culture .. the hardest part was dealing with radio activity and the hours at times were stressful
Pros
my counter parts and the team atmosphere
Cons
the hours
Generous compensation packages.
Supervisor/Lead Asset Operations (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 12, 2017
Mallinckrodt was generous in compensation, benefits and vacation. There were many opportunities for job advancement. I enjoyed my working experience tremendously during a majority of the time I worked for Mallinckrodt. My decision to move on was due to becoming a parent and being the primary care taker of our children. At the same time, Mallinckrodt's policies moved from flexible hours, working from home to removing all flexibility while most companies were moving towards this type of flexibility. This made it very difficult for a parent of young children.
enjoyed my time at the plant until I retired
chemical proccesser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
My position at the plant was an extremely high security job as I dealt with narcotics. Preparing a specific chemical could take up to a month at a time to complete. A vary invloved process.
Manufacturing was both repetetive and boring.
Material handler/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYSeptember 17, 2017
The job was easy at times others not so easy.
The workplace culture was great. Had a lot of fun working with many different people. The best part of my experience was driving fork truck and working with everyone in the warehouse.
relaxed place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2017
People and supervisors are very respectful and very reasonable good place to work with, and also every weeks meeting for learning and ways to work more productive and also with more efficiency and with care to avoid injuries
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good Plaxce tow ork
Associate Director/ ARD Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Hampton, NJJuly 26, 2017
Good culture and good comradery in work place. Good management and very friendly. Always encourage additional learning and willing to listen regarding your experience abput how you handled situations similar to present from your previous jobs. Flexible work schedule and promotes sharing of ideas.
Pros
Remote work at least 1 day/week
Cons
sometimes the timelines are very tight
Poor culture.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYJune 19, 2017
Slap engineer job titles to anyone off the street. Poor culture. Everyone wants to reinvent the wheel, meanwhile the upper management is making millions in profit. Deadbeat Job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mallinckrodt. Our community is ready to answer.