Malwarebytes Employee Reviews

Malwarebytes is turning a corner
Renewal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 13, 2018
The people at Malwarebytes is the only reason to work at this company.
No solid direction from Management. Products are not fully tested and true. Needs direction
Pros
Oto, Matched up to 3% retirement
Cons
Management needs direction
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2018
Super fun place to work. Only downside is that with new management comes layoffs. Each time an exec is replaced it seems they bring in their own crew. I get it, but unfortunate to lose people with such a big heart for the company. Good crew of people and some not so much. There were some games as there are in all companies, but overall, really cool place to work.
Pros
Friendships, comraderie
Cons
Games, politics and secrecy
Great company IF you're a permanent employee
MARKETING OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 13, 2018
If you're a permanent employee, you are well taken care of here. Great benefits, flexible days off, and fun activities. The company culture is tight-knit and they take care of their own.

Most managers are awesome and fair to their teams. But some are disengaged with their teams and are hard to reach.

It's an international company and some faults come when it comes with communication with other offices because very few people take into consideration the time differences.
Pros
free food, great culture, flexible schedules
Cons
Positives only apply to permanent full/part time employees
Great Benefits - Poor Management/ Culture
IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 29, 2018
Consumer Support side management was poor and inconsistent. Perks were great but no job security unless on the engineering or real IT end. Customer Service is where the "rejects" were hired, revolving door. Great Money just unprofessional.
Benefits
Cons
No Job Growth - everyone has been there a 1yrs or less.
Amazing company to workfor
Corporate Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2018
I would go back to work for this company in a heart beat. I got in when the company was just a startup and the place was amazing. The had a relaxed environment, had video games and ping pong table in the break room. They constantly did Costco runs to stock with fridge with all sorts of goodies. This was an amazing place to work when I was there, and from what I have heard from friends that still work there, their family style work environment hasn't only improved.
Pros
The job
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun place to work
Lead General Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 1, 2017
It is a great company and I would love to be a full time employee because of their benefits and atmosphere.
I have been here for almost a year and I am still a contractor.

I am not paid for any holidays no matter how many hours I have worked. As a contractor we are not even invited to the company extravaganzas events outside of the company.
Pros
Free food, can work from home, and great atmosphere
Cons
Contracting. We get no benefits or paid holidays.
Great people, culture, offices..management needs work.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 31, 2017
Perks, people and culture are great. But that's pretty much taken for granted in the Silicon Valley..Malwarebytes management needs more experience managing their teams.
Amazing place
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 9, 2017
I love it here. Everyone is friendly. This isn't something I wanted to walk away from but I had to. Everyone is really supportive and willing to give advice and guide you if need be necessary.
Pros
Catered kitchen. Company atmosphere. Console gaming room
Cons
None that I can think of.
An alright place to work, if you enjoy processing malware samples on a daily basis
Malware Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2017
It's a decent company with excellent benefits. Full healthcare coverage when I worked there, no copay that I remember. Long hours; the malware pool never depletes, so you are expected to put in as many hours as you possibly can. If you're only looking for a 40hr work week, this isn't the place for you. Intimate knowledge of Windows based OSes is a great asset, having multiple computers and multiple images to assist with your work is pretty much necessary in order to stay on top of the malware issue as best you can. Being a decent multitasker is important for this line of work as well.
Pros
great healthcare, access to excellent software tools without out of pocket expenses
Cons
Long hours. But, still worth it if you're serious about this type of work
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Great place to work when you know exactly what you are doing. Most jobs have too much flexibility in what you are suppose to do. The culture is amazing and coworkers are great. There are plenty of opportunities to show off your skills but just as many requirements that could be beyond your ability.
A good place to work
Director of Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2014
Malwarebytes is a good place to work. It's a young, vibrant culture based in downtown San Jose.
Good to work with
Product Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  San JoseJanuary 11, 2014
Typical start-up environment. Good team work along with the good guidance from the management. Fun place to work with.