Mama Fu's Asian House Employee Reviews

They're all different I'm sure.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 14, 2019
My favorite place I've ever worked probably. We were like a family and had great owners to work for. The food is really great, however the location I worked at closed because the owners wanted to retire.
Was a great workplace until it went under NEW MANAGEMENT
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 20, 2019
I worked there for a couple of months. I would've stayed but the company went under new management and fired me & the whole staff I was working with. The new management was rude and racist wouldn't reccomend anybody to work there!
Pros
Tips
My Experience working at Mama Fu's
Hourly Manager/ Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2019
It was a great job with consistent hours per week. Great pay and staff gets along well. I learned as an hourly manager how to speak with upset/unsatisfied customers and also how to use deposit software (Aloha). Lots of very minor kitchen injuries because of fast paced environment but was nothing too serious, this company had a great first aid kit always available.
Pros
Free food and opportunity to learn and work multiple positions for extra ours.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks throughout a work day but that expected from a management position.
Fun place to work if you dont need hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXFebruary 4, 2019
In essence, this job was full of fun coworkers whom id never trade the world for. However when it comes to myself, my needs, and those of my loved ones, i had to leave to look for better options. It was necessary for me to look for a job that would provide me with more hours to afford my bills and needs as well as those of my pets and partner.
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXDecember 19, 2018
From my experience at Mama Fu's, I was objectified and talked down to. A typical day at the restaurant consisted of doing the tasks your were assigned to, a lunch rush hour and a completely empty restaurant for about 3 hours and then a dinner rush. The management was poor and rude, the workplace environment was hostile at times and mediocre at best. The hardest part of the job was interacting with my managers at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid, though I don't feel like I was paid enough for all that I did.
Pros
Free lunches when working a double
Cons
No breaks, bad management, bad pay
Was a great job. Horrible manager
Server/Driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 26, 2018
Learning the food was easy and fun, co workers were nice and fun to be around. The management changed and after working multiple doubles every weekend and gaining the trust of my manager, we got a new manager and I was treated badly and decided to leave. You get like 10% off a meal and always ways to change positions in the store. Food is good. Just the manager at the temple location is not worth it for me. Good luck
Pros
Relaxed work environment, great food
Cons
The manager
December 14, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to ensure that all employees are respected, and know that they are valued. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel that you were supported by your manager. We encourage all employees who do not feel they are valued to submit that feedback confidentially to HR. We are here for you!

Nah
Wok Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
Lame, mana fuss had something going for it but they cheap out employees and waste too much money trying new things when competitors like the beloved pie wei offer better food with less experimentation that nobody wants for less.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits to our employees, along with perks such as food discounts. Employees who would like to discuss their pay or learn more about the perks that are available are encouraged to speak with their supervisor or HR.

Fun Place Great Culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2018
You know what is expected of you and if you ever need help everyone is available to you from the VP down to hourly managers and team members. Management is very invested in coaching you forward.
November 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! Mama Fu's is proud to have a great team from leadership down. Management truly cares for and values their employees, and we have awesome team members that make Mama Fu's a great place to work. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience.

its a place that will help you with good customer service
CASHIER / DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 7, 2018
this is a great place to work at i will recommend this place to anyone that likes to work at resturants and the people that work there are so wonderful also.
November 16, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review! Our team members are what make Mama Fu's a great place to work. They have created an awesome culture of learning and development, and we are glad to hear you are enjoying being a part of the team. We're glad to have you!

Was fun, lacks pay.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2018
I found this to be a truly educational job - what I took away from the training provided has been invaluable. I wish more restaurants had a similar model.
November 16, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad to hear that you were able to learn and grow with us! We are sorry to hear that you felt the compensation was lacking. We strive to provide competitive compensation, benefits and perks. We encourage those who have concerns about their pay to talk with their supervisor or HR to learn what is available.

Great starting point
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 5, 2018
At Mama Fu's, I started off as a driver and within 6 months I was promoted to a corporate trainer that traveled all around Texas opening stores. After another 2-3 months, I was promoted to Assistant General Manager. It helped me obtain the skills I needed in management to help me go elsewhere. Unfortunately, work life too over sometimes working 7 days a week 10-15 hour days depending.
Pros
Great benefits, will help you grow
Cons
Long work hours
November 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you experienced such growth with us. At Mama Fu's, creating an environment of learning and development is important to us. We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your schedule. We respect and value our employees time both at work and at home. We encourage staff to visit with their supervisors if their schedule needs to be adjusted to provide a better work-life balance.

Temporary job from a few years ago
Host/Expo (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 20, 2018
This was a good started job for me. I learned the basics of working in a restaurant that helped prepare me for serving and more intense jobs later on. I did not work here for long, and when I did it was a more than a couple ears ago now, so I do not remember much about what it was truly like.
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you were able to learn and develop your skills while you were with us. Mama Fu's is proud of the learning environment that is a part of what makes our locations great!

Fill every hole.
Wok Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2018
The store I was at had the exact number of employees it saw fit, if there was a single call out for the day, the whole operation falls apart. As soon as I joined they moved in a new GM from another store, I'd be asking him questions about what to do or where to get something and he would just reply with "I don't know this isn't my store" or "I don't know just leave it we didn't do it like that over at my store so you need to figure it out"
I also lived 40 minutes away, which they knew. Now it's no one's fault but my own that I would be late on some days. But having my GM come up to me every 30 minutes, smacking my on the chest saying "We gonna keep our job this week?" Slap "If you want to keep your jobs get your *blank* together or else"
I get you need your employees to be the best of the best. But as a former manager, this guy didn't know how to communicate with people.
Pros
Discounted meals, fair wages
Cons
No breaks, poor communication, 12 hour shifts
October 23, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. This sort of behavior is not condoned at Mama Fu's. We never want an employee to feel threatened or disrespected. We encourage all staff to report incidents such as this confidentially to the Human Resources department.

Ok as a stepping stone to something better
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXOctober 4, 2018
I worked at the Bastrop location for 6 months. Started in kitchen, and was exploring management opportunities. The pay was too low for me to pursue, so I got a job with another company.
Pros
Great food and laid back management
Cons
No viable room for advancement
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to provide competitive compensation, benefits and perks including discounts for all of our positions. We would encourage any employee with concerns about compensation to bring them to their supervisor or Human Resources to see what is available.

Not a good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Managers were bad and would change the schedule with less than 60 minutes notice, often early in the morning, would give you more than you could handle alone and not offer any help, toxic work environment
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel like you had the support of your manager. We work hard to ensure that all employees are given respect and that their time at and away from work is valued. We encourage all employees who do not feel that way to share their feedback confidentially through HR.

Fun work place
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 11, 2018
I worked there for a while and then got shut down but overall The people that I worked with were really awesome and I loved the location but could have had more hours
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review! We have wonderful team members that make Mama Fu's a great place to work. They are what make our fun culture and supportive environment possible, and we are grateful for their efforts!

Fun Coworkers, however awful work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I worked there for about 8 months, and I was working BARELY 8 hours a week. When I asked for more hours so that I could pay my bills the manager cut my hours down to 1 hour a week. literally. I worked Sundays from 11-12.
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Awful pay
October 1, 2018

Thanks for your comment and feedback. We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits that include perks such as food discounts, discounts with some gyms and cell phone providers, and much more. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel you had the support from your manager that we work hard to provide here.

good place to work
Pantry Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I had a good time working here, the restaurant staff was friendly and the food is pretty good. The general managers have a busy job but they hold the restaurant together well.
Pros
good food fair pay
Cons
sometimes theres not enough staff
October 4, 2018

Thank you for your review! Mama Fu's takes pride in the dishes we create. We love hearing that you enjoyed the food and that you also enjoyed working alongside your coworkers. We have some amazing team members that have helped make Mama Fu's a fun and friendly place to work.

Great food, long wait.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2018
The people are great! My problem is a longevity problem. I did not want to waste anymore time and effort working in a dead end restaurant with a system that on a large scale, can't work. You can't have a substantial volume and keep customers when during a semi rush, food cook times are 30-50 minutes in a fast food setting.
Review
Delivery Driver and Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2018
I loved working at Mama Fu's because of the fast paced environment. My coworkers made the job fun and challenging. I enjoyed the listening to music while working and having a flexible schedule so I can pursue further education.
Pros
Free food and listening to music on the job
Cons
Variable pay.
October 4, 2018

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that the environment at Mama Fu's fosters learning and growth. We strive to provide employees with learning opportunities that will benefit them throughout their career. Providing schedule flexibility is also something we know is important, and is made possible by the great team members who work here. Your review is a great testament to the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mama Fu's Asian House. Our community is ready to answer.