Management & Training Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 6,370 reviews matching the search See all 6,468 reviews
Fast paced environment
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Diboll, TXDecember 16, 2018
Alright place to work. Needs better pay but all in all , a good place to start a career. We need more dedicated officers . The facility needs better structure and organization.
Great team work
Student Employee Tile Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed the morning meetings . I enjoyed discussing personal growth and team development on the job . Our service and many other values are profound for the company. We always worked well with each other and communicated . Our workspace was exceedingly well in multicultural awareness and workplace relations and ethics .
Pros
Friendly staff
na
Medical Records Clerk/data entry (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLDecember 14, 2018
it is a women's correctional facility. I was a medical records clerk. It was laid back work. I did have interaction with inmates however, that was not an issue.
It was a decent place
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Chaparral, NMDecember 12, 2018
Management while I was there was not the best. The Captain in charge was not in a position that he should have been in. A lot of favoritism while I worked there. You had to be part of the boys club to advance.
Pros
Worked with some very tough individuals
Cons
Lack of leadership
Very interesting and challenging
Bilingual Instructional Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
Enjoyed working with and teaching youth. Seeing them grow to become responsible adults and learn skills that they could use the rest of their lives. Most of them took advantage of the hand given to them.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
ratio of instructor to students not good
a typical day at work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 11, 2018
A regular day in this job consisted of unboxing shipment, packaging orders for the customers, cashing customers out, and "folding down" the store so it looks presentable at all times for the customers.
Pros
the workers and my manager were amazing
Cons
short breaks
Residential Adviser
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 10, 2018
Accountability of young men in Job corp
2hour bed check making sure everyone is accountable
Waking everyone up making sure rooms are clean and
They are going to breakfast and their classes
Recording information on forms
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Grave yard shift
Productive work place
Clinical Medical Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed Job Corps because I learned valuable life lessons. Also, I left with many resources and opportunities. Most of all it readies me for the various workplaces I would be attending in the future.
Self Paced=Self Taught
Student (Former Employee) –  Tongue Point, ORDecember 10, 2018
The program is a "Self Paced" program In which you need to teach yourself what you want to learn based on the training materials handed to you... many students don't want to learn, or are ones who can learn easily with distractions... if you can't teach yourself even when there are a multitude of distractions, this program is not right for you... if you can and a free program for learning in such a manner for the ones who qualify sounds appealing, then I highly recommend it for you will likely excel and be able to take much from the experience.
Pros
3 meals daily, self paced, free housing
Cons
self taught, many distractions, low general overall maturity
great work place
Maintenance Man, Correction Officer and Janitor (Former Employee) –  Raymondville, TXDecember 9, 2018
Its a great place to work, staff is friendly and willing to work with you. It is a fast paced environment. Enjoyed working their, great training, benefits.
Awesome opportunity for young people
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
Good for ages 16-24 year olds who want to better themselves and at a self pace. Uniforms, biweekly pay and incentives are given to assist students while there. Can earn up to $1000 once the program is completed.
Pros
Students and staff
Cons
Micromanaging and accountability
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Venus, TXDecember 9, 2018
MTC Sanders Estes is a good place to work especially if you have never had a job or never worked in the criminal justice field. There is a high turn over of inmates at this facility as well as employees so there are always new faces.
Pros
Free lunches, easy job
Cons
long hours, one break
Work Place
Student in Training (Current Employee) –  4155 County HWY H Laona, WI 54541December 8, 2018
My typical training day at Job Corps was great. I've learned the skills I needed to know. I've pass every text book test there was and any additional test for the trade I was in.
Pros
Free meals, free living, free Uniforms, free education, and free training
Cons
Only getting paid $25.00 every two weeks.
Very fast paced environment.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 8, 2018
I was responsible for taking care of all the students dorm needs. Counseling them providing medication and also making sure they kept the dorm clean and intact.
Pros
I was able to help a lot of teens that didn’t have parents in their life and needed structure.
Cons
Sometimes it could feel like a correctional facility.
N/a
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Clearfield Job CorpsDecember 7, 2018
This company is a job training facility for underserved populations and they care more about the bottom line than they do not want to instil how the real world works for these students.
this is a great job
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSDecember 7, 2018
this is a great job you work to receive your certification in your trade and also you can get other certifications it is a very great place to attend and it also helps you find a job and become independent
People you work with are great
Perosn (Current Employee) –  OtumwaDecember 6, 2018
By the people you work with I mean the other ones on your shift. As the trainees are great to get to know and learn about different back stories. It is a great place just not paid very well.
Productive and fun workplace.
Safety and Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2018
It was fun to interact with the students we had there because there were so many. And important to know that we were helping people start their lives. The hardest part of the job was when you had to do incident reports and follow ups on incident reports.
Free vocational school
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 6, 2018
Sierra Nevada Job Corps is a good program ; as far as obtaining a trade and national/State certification. The program offers housing, education, and meals for individuals 16 - 24 years of age at no expense to the students. Although Job Corps was not intended to be a reform school, staff do hold rather high expectations of their students. However, This program has a lot of pitfalls that, in my opinion, wont be overlooked for much longer.
The dormitories have mold in the showers, Bed bug outbreaks, and rodent infestations. The staff have a tendency to loose touch with the students and view them as "children", often disrespecting them and retaliating against them should the student report them. Students have the option of either living on campus (residential) or off campus (non-residential). In my own personal opinion, I was able to reap the benefits of the program a lot better as a non- residential student-employee because I wasn't faced with the politics and drama of the campus' center culture.
Unorganized
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2018
This place is very unorganized and its only a few staff that actually care about the students.
And if you don't have your high school diploma already, that'll slow you down in your trade.
Pros
Free Tade, Free Food, Free Healthcare(basic) and Free Shelter
Cons
poor management, dirty cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Management & Training Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K