Management Services Northwest Employee Reviews

Great team environment
Sweeper Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAAugust 7, 2019
The hardest part of the job is that you just do your job. Working in landscaping, it's best to work at the same flow as others around you and in large team work settings, being a self-starter helps a lot. The team will repay you for your hard work and you will love the culture here.
The managers are deceitful to the customer's and they have no shame in blaming others.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJune 18, 2019
I think the vision of this company needs to be reevaluated here in Portland, Oregon because the Portland office has no clue on how to operate a janitorial company. I think the CEO would benefit more by replacing the existing managers in Portland if she wants to retain customer's.
Pros
They will promote you even if you have no experience.
Cons
The lack of honesty from management
Company doesn’t communicate with banks for security protocol
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAMay 22, 2019
Had to wait for supervisor to come and let me in and out of banks which added more time to my part time job. I would have to adjust my schedule to accommodate for her schedule and the whole reason I worked here was you can work your own schedule.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Horrible supervisor
Great Company
Day Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 14, 2019
This company truly cares about their employees I would have stayed with this company if it wasn't for moving to Arizona the work is rewarding and its a team I would recommend.
Pros
Great company
Cons
cleaning up certian things.
Very selfish cruel people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAFebruary 19, 2019
Upper management pockets almost all the money they pay most people minimum and give themselves huge salaries, you won't even get money for supplies, very unsafe don't care about you as an individual just a number and if you speak up or say anything they will fire you are threaten you to shut you up, if management doesn't like you and they won't like you they will make up lies about you and have you fired , I received threats to be fired for no reason. They lay people off all the time for no reason, they will harass you and push you till you drop, then replace you, no vacation no sick time, lots of accidents on the jobsites, HR is the meanest cruelest people you ever meet in your life. Attitude that Management is superior and your trash. Only part time don't have any full time contracts. As a woman I feelt very uncomfortable always being harassed and treated less then.
Cons
Lie and treat employees like cattle
Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 18, 2019
Pocket most the money they get play favorites lie about everything not good people don't care about you at all. horrible management if you wo rk hard ty hey will take advantage. No advancement only if management favors you they tell you not to say how much you make because most people make minimum they will steal from your check and if you say anything they will fire you, they go through management and contracts like underwear. DONt WORK HERE, you are literally cattle to them while they sit and get rich off of you. They lay people off all the tine tgraaten to firs employees constantly to keep them in line could care less about your safety poor safety rating only scared of getting sued. They won't lift a finger for you, lie about sick leave no vacation after 2 years, management is horrible they get paid basically to treat people like dogs.
Cons
Denpends where they send you
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 19, 2018
I loved working at the hospital I was at ! ... The pay is good the hours are worth it an I wish I could've were I was placed I hand fun working for the patience
Pros
Communication is great
Terrible people and managers
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAMarch 14, 2018
My manager never communicated with me, I constantly than low on supplies because they never communicated with me.
They hung up on me several times during important phone calls.
Adults that think like children work here.
Its a waste of your time, don't work here.
Pros
None.
Cons
No communication, bad managers, terrible hr department
On an island.
Custodian (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 6, 2018
I feel like I’m on an island, no communication and never get supplies. I had to buy are provide own equipment and my personal blower and garden hose stolen. Avoid!!!
Good company where you can manage your schedule
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, WAFebruary 4, 2018
MSNW provides a flexible schedule where you can manage your requirements each day. Culture of the company to ensure employees safety and security as a top priority.
don't recommend
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WADecember 8, 2017
This company was once a great place to work, but things have drastically changed. The owner is only looking out for herself,. She no longer cares for her employees.
It is all about how many corners can be cut in order to make more money.
Sad
Work at your own pace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 14, 2017
work at your own place cleaning service. you had to have your own travel and i traveled across 4 towns cleaning state owned daycares though im sure there were other things
Smaller company
HR Generalist-Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, WASeptember 1, 2017
There is good and bad to that.

More freedom in what you can do, but lack of necessary technology.
There is also a lot of inconstancy with how things get done. You have to be able to adapt to these situations to succeed. '

Overall, it's a janitorial company that works more or less in the second shift so management ends up having to be available late in the evening, but from home for the most part.
October 7, 2017

Employees do enjoy a lot a freedom at MSNW and that's a real plus. We know we are a little behind in technology, so we have hired a IT specialist to come in and update our systems. We have also been working on company standards, making them more solid and consistent.

We appreciate your feedback. Without hearing from you, we wouldn't know what we need to improve on in order to help are company function to its highest level.

Part time position
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAAugust 17, 2017
This was a part-time position, I have been there close to 3 years as of February 2018. Nothing has changed as far as pay increases and have only missed the days to clean because of increment weather, but went on another day when weather let up.
Pros
Like my immediate boss
Cons
No paid vacation time, or pay increases ever. You don't work, you don't get paid anything.
October 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments. At MSNW we value your input so that we can improve our company and maintain the great employees who have chosen to work with us. We certainly appreciate your outstanding attendance and your dedication to meeting our clients expectations. I am sorry that you are concerned about a lack of a pay increase. There are several factors that affect the pay of an employee, so without knowing more I cannot address your specific concern. I can tell you that MSNW recognizes the importance of pay and we monitor the competition to assure our rates are more than competitive in the market.

I would love to talk with you about your concern. If you would like to contact me please call 360-366-4600.

Great place to Work - They Care
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 7, 2017
The Company has been great to me. A while ago, I ran into some financial troubles and was about to lose my apt. The Company stepped in to make sure the bill got paid so my wife and child were not homeless. I know they have done similar stuff to help others with medical bills, car repairs, even gas cards.

Every job has it's pluses and minuses, but not every company CARES for it's workers.
Pros
Great Company who Cares
Great Company to work with
Oregon Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here very much and only left to pursue another opportunity, The family feel this company has is amazing and very rare, everyone says thier company is like a family but this one truly is, Led by an amazing woman this company had very humble beginnings but has grown into a multi state organization of truly talented and honest people Anyone who has a desire to work with some truly awesome people who know how to get things done not only in a timely manner but go above and beyond for their clients on a daily basis from the CEO to the cleaners then this is company you want to work for..
You feel like a part of something much larger then yourself People here have a true Heart of service and it shows in the buildings they service. I regret my decision to leave this great company.as a operations supervisor here I enjoyed my partnership with this great company.
Pros
company vision meeting in ferdale Wa, cell phone, company vehicle, company picnics, and continual training.
Cons
some long days but mild compared to some companies in the industry
Productive and a very fun place to work.
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 8, 2017
Management Services Northwest was one of the best jobs I have ever worked. I would love to go back and work for them again. The management is amazing.
Promised to be better than what it was.
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 23, 2017
I took this job for a guaranteed 40 hours a week which was emphasized over and over throughout my interview. Plus opportunities for overtime. I thought I had 4 hours to clean each floor, as I had an 8 hour shift and was responsible for two floors. Every week I was told I wasn't working fast enough and not getting done on time even though I was always finished at the 8 hour mark. Turns out either the lead wanted to go home early and couldn't leave before me or they had extra projects lined up (which should just go into overtime if employees wanted that opportunity) that they wanted done within the 8 hour shift. Some of the cleaners gave me a terrible headache even when I wore a face mask. In the few months that I've been there I was never able to hit 40 hours, never got overtime, and was constantly hounded on my "speed". I know I can be faster, sure, but I also know that the other employees cut corners in how they clean and never got reprimanded for it. I did everything by the book and it was never good enough. Also, I got trained by someone who was only there two weeks and then left, and the management wonders why I wasn't aware of half the things they wanted me to do. Maybe getting trained by a seasoned cleaner would be a good start.
Pros
Set schedule.
Cons
Poor communication, passive aggressive management
August 29, 2017

Dear Night Porter,

Thank you very much for taking them time to give us your feedback. Your input and the feedback from all our employees is vitally important to us to keep on improving our processes. We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience with Management Services Northwest. We try to anticipates the amount of hours each Porter will work and sometimes it is out of our control due to the clients dictating the amount of time we get to clean each building. We always try to use environmentally safe products, we will check into the cleaners that are being used. In regards to training, we have standardize our training and believe this will result in better trained Porters. If you would like to contact me please call 360-366-4600.

Avoid this company
Lead Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 13, 2017
I was hired to a lead cleaner position but 2 cleaners quit a week before I started and were never replaced so I just ended up being a cleaner. The schedule I was promissed was not what I ended up working. I left another job where I worked til midnight for this job so I could get off work earlier and I ended up working later than I had before. I was told that there would be an orientation and training. I got a computer slide show on why the company was great and then I was train on most of my locations by an employee who had already quit and didn't want to be there that night so ya things were a little glazed over.

The management is out of touch and does not communicate. You are always the last to find out info you need to do your job. My supervisor was so spread thin that I did not meet her for 5 months after I started, this was mostly due to the fact that the bulk of employees she supervised were 3+hours away. And when there was an issue I was told more times than not, " Oh so and so is on vacation so you will have to wait a couple weeks...."
Pros
Work independantly, flexable schedule
Cons
Management, training, company organization
October 7, 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns. Your comments about our leadership team were disappointing to hear. Our goal is to make sure all employees are treated with care and respect. We strive to be a good employer and will continue to improve on those things that cause our Team member’s concern. If you want to provide further insight regarding your concerns, please call 360-366-4600.

Our Team is the most important asset we have!

Great company, great values
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, WASeptember 12, 2016
I work in the office from 8 am - 5 pm with an hour lunch break Monday through Friday. The days fly by...I am never bored!! The projects and tasks assigned by my supervisor make me feel valued and important to the company. He is always willing to answer my questions, but definitely leans toward a hands-off learning approach. I am encouraged to figure things out on my own and present my findings to him. This gives me great pride in my work and makes me feel like I am truly contributing to the business. My co-workers are like family. Everyone is so close knit and always willing to help each other out. The slogan at MSNW is "we'll take care of it", and I definitely see that modeled by my co-workers and the management everyday. The hardest part of my job can be the sense of constant busyness...at times I can feel overwhelmed. However I would much rather be busy than bored. The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive environment. At my past jobs there has almost always been gossiping, drama, or other kinds of negativity. I really don't see any of that here. In fact, I have not had issues with any of my co-workers or management. I think that is rare and something to be valued!! I also enjoy free lunches provided by the company at least twice a month, coffee and taco truck runs with my co-workers, and my supervisor's sarcasm. :)
Pros
Positive environment, friendly co-workers and management, free food, cares about employees
Cons
None I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Management Services Northwest. Our community is ready to answer.

Management Services Northwest Reviews by Location