Manassas Park City Schools

Manassas Park City Schools Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Must love children and have patience
Great for stay home moms/dads

You get summers off and it great if you have small kids because they can go with you.
Pros
Great breaktimes..off with kids and summer
Cons
Hours to short
Best Public School Division to Work for!
I don't say that lightly. This division is full of people who are passionate about their work. You're not lost in a sea of people, but the Superintendent knows your name. The principals and assistant principals are always visible. And good ideas are never shot down. It's great to work here. Compensation is difficult because that's the nature of public education across the country. But if you're looking to teach with impact, this is the place!
MPCS - Cougar Elementary and Manassas Park Elementary
Cougar Elementary is an energetic school full of friendly students and staff. The administration team is incredibly helpful and the teaching teams are extremely knowledgeable and have a ready to help and teach attitude for both students and subs. I have enjoyed teaching all grade levels at Cougar which range from Kindergarten to 2nd grade. I also taught PE and Computer Lab - both were exciting classes with great sub plans that were easy to follow and instruct.

Manassas Park Elementary is also a great school to sub in. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful especially to subs. MPE classes range from 3rd to 5th. The older children are respectful and even willing to help subs which is somewhat surprising since most of the time this is the time to play tricks on the subs. I have also taught Art and Computer Lab and found the instructions to be easy to follow and teach.
Teacher
Standard teaching job. Fast paced and fun. It's been along time since I've worked here so I'm sure it's changed a lot since they. I would suggest working here.
Teacher
Manassas Park City Schools was a great place to work. My children and my marriage suffered because I was working or participating in community events.
Family environment, and good people working extremely hard for the betterment of the small community.

Love Manassas Park City!
Pros
good people
Cons
overworked underpaid staff
Decent Place to work
Depending on position at the school your daily responsibilities vary greatly. Management personality wise are great to work with but when it comes to firm handed action needed by those in such a role they are lacking, Compensation especially compared to other schools in the area needs to improve,
Steady Paced
I learned to organize and be a team player, I learned to multitask as well, the hardest part of the job was lifting, and the most enjoyable part of the job was having fun and having great employees to work with. Management was always there when needed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Benefits
Manassas Park City Schools
Quick-paced, room for learning and expanding knowledge. Close knit "family" environment. Working closely with employees on a daily basis. A good work-life balance.
Amazing job
Working as a substitute teacher gives the best experience for people who would like to enter the teaching field in the future. Being able to teach multiple different grades gives you a feel for which grade level you like to work with in the future, which may not be the grade you assumed it to be. I would recommend the job to anyone thinking of teaching!
Productive fun workplace with an incredibly friendly staff
The staff at Cougar Elementary makes you feel like part of the family from day 1. From the principal to the janitor, each person has a friendly smile and hello as you walk the halls to your classroom. The children all seem very happy at this school and eager to learn. Every classroom I have subbed in has had a full lesson plan with instructions that covered attendance, to fire drills, to helpful discipline procedures. I really enjoy working at this school.
Pros
Always something to work on
Cons
My hours sometimes conflict with the early schedule
Fantastic Place to work
Great place top to bottom. Enjoy working there. Great students, teachers and leadership. Beautiful facilities. Leaders in educational technology.
Rewarding
I have enjoyed being a part of the library system here at Manassas Park Middle School. I love being in the library and would like to expand my work here or in another library.
Pros
Being with the students, amazing faculty, being a part of the library
Cons
Salary
Loved being busy and interacting with student.Hardest part of job was turning students away from meals,
This workplace is a very busy School Cafe, 8 hours of work is expected within 4 hours in which I loved so much.Staff and students were fun to work with and serve. New Cafe Manager is non-supportive of team work,interacting w/ students and just poor management all together.
Pros
Holiday & Summer Breaks
Cons
Staff not treated equal & No Respect for hard work
Awesome School System
This was by far the best place I have ever worked. They have great benefits and awesome staff. The administration was super supportive of all personal goals and aspirations.
Great work area with family feel.
I have had a fun 11 years working at Manassas Park Elementary School. I started at the bottom and worked my way to Manager of the Kitchen and supervisor of 7 people. I have enjoyed working with the children .
Pros
Family Feel
Cons
Heavy lifting
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manassas Park City Schools. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2