Manassas Park City Schools

Manassas Park City Schools Employee Reviews for Substitute Teacher

Substitute Teacher3 reviews
United States3 reviews
MPCS - Cougar Elementary and Manassas Park Elementary
Cougar Elementary is an energetic school full of friendly students and staff. The administration team is incredibly helpful and the teaching teams are extremely knowledgeable and have a ready to help and teach attitude for both students and subs. I have enjoyed teaching all grade levels at Cougar which range from Kindergarten to 2nd grade. I also taught PE and Computer Lab - both were exciting classes with great sub plans that were easy to follow and instruct.

Manassas Park Elementary is also a great school to sub in. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful especially to subs. MPE classes range from 3rd to 5th. The older children are respectful and even willing to help subs which is somewhat surprising since most of the time this is the time to play tricks on the subs. I have also taught Art and Computer Lab and found the instructions to be easy to follow and teach.
Amazing job
Working as a substitute teacher gives the best experience for people who would like to enter the teaching field in the future. Being able to teach multiple different grades gives you a feel for which grade level you like to work with in the future, which may not be the grade you assumed it to be. I would recommend the job to anyone thinking of teaching!
Productive fun workplace with an incredibly friendly staff
The staff at Cougar Elementary makes you feel like part of the family from day 1. From the principal to the janitor, each person has a friendly smile and hello as you walk the halls to your classroom. The children all seem very happy at this school and eager to learn. Every classroom I have subbed in has had a full lesson plan with instructions that covered attendance, to fire drills, to helpful discipline procedures. I really enjoy working at this school.
Pros
Always something to work on
Cons
My hours sometimes conflict with the early schedule
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manassas Park City Schools?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manassas Park City Schools. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Manassas Park City Schools Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for Substitute Teacher
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more