Manatawny Manor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A very caring and compassion company for both residents and employees
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 3, 2018
Caring and productive workplace were staff and management work together to ensure the best care for the residents, treating the resident with respect and compassion.
Pros
managment was always there to help when needed.
A great place to work when I was younger.
LPN, Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 11, 2018
I spent a lot of my early 20's at this nursing home and most of the hours I worked were part time. The reason I left was because I could not switch to day hours because there was not a position available.
Nice Place
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PANovember 6, 2017
It was a good place to work. The residents are amazing, keeps you on your toes. Good work environment. The building is a great place to bring your loved one to be cared for.
daily rountine
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 2, 2017
providing dressing toileting feeding assistance and range of motion feeding patients in the dinding room providing dining room services waitressing documentation vital signs
management was poor,they picked who they treated better.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 27, 2017
Any place in the beginning is nice. They treated some people better than others. Showed favortism. I worked second shift so we would come in and have to clean up after first which we complained on multiple occasions. NOthing was done of cours. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management who showed favortism and didnt seem like they appreciated some of the harder workers.
horrible place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 12, 2017
only good thing there are the residents. admiration is horrible and don't care about their staff. they show no compation for their staff also the facility is always ran short staffed
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible administration and always short staffed
Very caring staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 13, 2016
Medication administration, blood sugar checks, vital signs, loved my residents, co-workers are knowledgeable and caring.
OK place to work but you are by yourself
CNA (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 7, 2016
I worked as a full-time CNA here for most 2 years. I had been assigned to a regular wing. That was my wing that I work at 90% of the time. I was able to develop relationships with the patients and Families, which allowed a sense of trust Within Me as when I was on shift they knew the job was going to get done.

The only problem that I have with this job is the consistent call outs which made a short staffed. There were some nights which made a short staffed. There were some nights that I was in charge of 16 residents by myself. Also there is a favoritism of some staff who get away with murder and who were always leaving early because they were sick. Management had no problem with paying overtime rather than coming onto the floor and assisting with patient care on 3 to 11 shift. I had a problem with keeping my residents up past 10 p.m. unless they requested it. Being short staffed you did not have the ability to give Quality Care and spend time needed to do sufficient job. I was a CNA that spent time with my residents and actually cared.

Also also do not get injured on the job as they are quick to blame you and get out of paying you. Otherwise it's a great place to work and I still wish I work there. Also there was a situation where i was threatened by another coworker and nothing was done except write both of us up.
Pros
Residents and coworkers
Cons
Constant short stsffing and management did nothing to fix it
Excellent Company to work for.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 12, 2016
Amazing co-workers, management and patients. Nothing better then smiling faces when you leave work knowing that you made a difference for everyone you worked with that day.
Pros
Teamwork
Motivating and learning enviroment
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 22, 2015
I have a wonderful, busy, motivate day at my job today, I learned how to create a positive, team environment that encourages all members of a group to achieve a common goal, that was the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned how to manage all activities related to team functions including direct supervision, when appropriate, appraisal to all my co-workers for a well done job. Prioritizing my responsibilities so that I have a clear idea of what needs to be done and when, has helped me effectively manage pressure on the job. For example, working in an under-staff on the floor as nurse can be very challenging, knowing that I have to complete all my assignments before the end of the month. I was able to manage my time and achieve my goals of completing quarterly assessments.
Pretty decent job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 15, 2014
A typical day is like any other day. come in do the same tasks and complete the same things day in day out. I learned my speed and focus. Managment is kind and understanding. the co-workers are like any other co-workers, nice. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up before leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happy faces of the residents and family that visits.
Pros
Set schedule, Same tasks
Cons
minimum wage, same day everyday.
Fun and exicting environment.
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 6, 2014
Going into work and doing routine activity.
Have a really good teamwork with co- workers.
Interacting with residents in service is the best part of my work day.
Easy to talk to the manger in charge and keep work place going smoothly.
Pros
free lunch. dress down days. fun events and social.
Cons
short staff at times. wearing long sleeve shirts in hot weather
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 5, 2014
This is a great place to works. Management, staff, and residents are all great.
As to be Expected
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 8, 2013
This job taught me a lot. But it wasn't really out-of-the-ordinary. It was how Assisted Living jobs are generally described.
Pros
Pleasant and peaceful moments each day.
Cons
Communication among coworkers wasn't always straightforward.
no special things
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 4, 2013
terrible place to work. to much gossip and negative behavior.
Review of Manatawny Manor
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 23, 2013
Cleaning a nursing home was a great experaince. The management cared, the staff helped eachother, and the residents were very nice to the staff and to eachother. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done on time. That was when I first started. Then it became eaiser; because I got into a flow of working there.
Pros
great staff!
Cons
not enough pay.
average
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 3, 2012
I learned about the value of teamwork while working here
I work first shift
My co-workers are pleasant and easy to get along with
nice place and people to work for and with
Certified Nurse Aid, long term care (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 25, 2012
i really like it there. But i dont feel like typing alot so you can just stop in there to get a application, and see what its all about.
Pros
most of the residents are really nice
Cons
no free lunch when you help work the lunch room
Fun workplace.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 13, 2012
I would care for the rooms where residents lived. Vacumming, dusting, bringing up fresh linens, cleaning all ares of the bedroom, dining hall, and activity areas. The management was organized and seemed to care for employees and the residents. A hard part would be trying to fight everything that needed to be done in a short ammount of time. I loved seeing the smiles one the faces of the residents when they were happy to see their home well cleaned.
Pros
wonderful staff.
Cons
not enough hours or staff members.
Decent enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 28, 2012
Get reports, attend to the linen for residents, due our routine checks. Diakon way of operation. Day shift more on the ball than nights. for the most part many were team players. When workers called out at last minute. Getting to have a relationship with residents by helping them get back to mobility, and making them comfortable. seeing their smiles.
Pros
the many different company shirts we was given
Cons
the favortism