Manchester Airports Group Employee Reviews

No consistency in the shift patterns
( AS) Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Terminal 1 & 3July 30, 2018
Absolutely loved the training!
But when it came to getting on the terminal, some of the other staff where vile towards newcomers, i was shouted at by another member of staff on my first day on the terminal, the shift pattern was shocking with no consistency in them at all, just didn't work with y home life at all, the management haven't got a clue what they are doing half the time.
very disappointed as i left a perfectly good job to try a new career here.
It is probably ok for single people with no commitments that don't mind working all hours but you really need to stand up for yourself.
Pros
Loved the training
Cons
some vile people, long hours, no consistency in the sift patterns
Hard work, avoid
aviation security officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterJune 15, 2018
Annualised contract, 120-180 hours per month. Start shift 3.30 am - finish depend 12.30, 15.30. Really no time for overtimes. Payslip £950 / month. plus overtimes.
Free Airport parking for both work and leisure - not true, only for work, really hard to get space for holiday. most of the space sold to passengers .
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, 30--40 min traffic to Staff parking
Terrible Place To Work, Management are Jokers,Team Managers are horrendous
Aviation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterJune 13, 2018
The worst place you can ever work at.
Do not let the salary attract you, this company uses and abuses staff
For every 50 employed,45 leave in 4 weeks.
Pros
Major Airport, Discounts
Cons
Long Hours, Bad Management, Make own Rules, Dont follow and rules
Always under huge pressure
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterJune 12, 2018
No thanks for any hard work or extra input. Defloating atmosphere. Because of the nature of the job perfection and no errors are expected so the staff are under extreme pressure while working some very anti-social hours.
Pros
Annual bonus but getting less each year.
Cons
Not many but i have some good work colleagues.
MBA-intern (Current Employee) –  East MidlandsMay 25, 2018
Learn a lot from my placement in EMA. Nice colleague and a great line manager who is also a great mentor. Great management team. Growing business and nice place to work
security officer Hold baggage manchester airport (Current Employee) –  Manchester AirportMay 10, 2018
I enjoy work and i am satisfied with the job. I liked seeing a variety of people and good customer service. They provide very good management and benefits.
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterApril 19, 2018
Working in agile environment (scrum team ), attending sprint planning and constant doing regression testing .

The work is easy and adaptable to learn from highly experience member of the team
Annualised contract
Customer Service and Security (Former Employee) –  Manchester airportApril 16, 2018
In the summer it is very busy at the airport. The security queues are very very long and there is no air conditioning. They put you on an annualised contract which actually means back to back 12 hour shifts. It's absolutely horrendous. Alot of people end up leaving. Unless they change this they are gonna be in trouble as a million more passengers are expected this year
Pros
Make a few good friends at work, free parking
Cons
Long hours, 0300am starts
Great Place To Work
Service Desk team Leader (Former Employee) –  ManchesterMarch 12, 2018
Loved my time at Olympic House at Manchester Airport, i was very upset to leave my fixed term contract as a Team Leader on the ERP programme. I learned a lot and met some fab people. Money fab and work life balance excellent.
Pros
Free Parking
not good
Customer Service & Team coordinator (Former Employee) –  East MidlandsMarch 1, 2018
not a very good place to work, they do not treat you with respect. They push staff to their limits and no rewards or recognition is given. the work people are okay.
loved working for MAN
Aviation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterFebruary 7, 2018
what an amazing place to work, this is a very serious job working on security so everything has to be done correctly or there are some serious consequences, which is understandable, you are in control of every persons safety in that airport and you need to make sure things are done correctly. The training was amazing and the staff and all the managers was very supportive and just a lovely place to work.
Pros
short hours to start, amazing environment, good salary
Cons
stood for a long time in 1 position
Life balance and plenty of opportunity!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterJanuary 26, 2018
I've been working as a security officer for the past 3 years and honestly love it here.

My shift pattern gives me the opportunity to work around my life which is great. Opportunities over the years have presented themselves should you wish to develop however I'm happy staying as I am as it works for me and my life.

Wish I'd moved here years ago!
Pros
Shift patterns (should this suit your life)
Cons
Job can become a bit samey (not that that's an issue for me)
n/a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterJanuary 18, 2018
I started working for MAG around 6 months ago and have settled in really well, everyone I have worked with across many departments have been very friendly and welcoming and I have already been given opportunities for additional responsibility and development within my role.

It can be a challenging environment to work in and is very fast paced but this makes sure everyday is different.

I really enjoy working here and would recommend MAG to anyone.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, development opportunities, great benefits
n/a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterJanuary 5, 2018
I've worked at the airport for nearly 5 years now and have really enjoyed my time here. Every day is different, albeit it can be a challenging environment at times, it is genuinely the most enjoyable job i have had.

I have had the opportunity to progress through different departments which has helped me build by confidence and find the right career path for me.

I would 100% recommend as a great place to work.
Pros
Great supportive team
Avoid at all costs !!
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterNovember 30, 2017
I would not recommend working at MAG, it is a terrible place to work. Management have no idea how to run the IT department. People come and leave ASAP after being treated poorly.

Bullying staff is part of their culture and will sack you instantly if you show them up. Depressing comes to mind.

Avoid making a mistake by applying at MAG.
Pros
Duty Free
Cons
Terrible staff
Receptionist meet and greet
Meet and Greet (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterOctober 29, 2017
Was employed as a receptionist for meet and greet parking for 3 years. Colleagues were brilliant. Then new management came in and the job became unbearable he is a complete bullying despite me taking this higher to the head of car parks nothing was done. To the point I went off on stress.

As a current HR Manager I wish I had knew what I know now as I had rights as I had been there for longer than two year .

I enjoyed it here up till new management
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Bullying
Bad management, staff treated like expendable resource
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterOctober 26, 2017
I have worked here as an ASO for almost a year.

Management make huge errors with pay, cannot be trusted.

If you must work here, keep perfect records of all hours you do, all leave you book off, all payments you receive for work and overtime. At least that way, when it does all go wrong, you might get some of what you're owed back.

Annualised contracts are awful, you will not get a social life and say goodbye to your weekends.

They change your shifts at short notice, and you will be regularly expected to begin 12 hour shifts at 3am.

Anyone who has too much sick leave (2 or 4 occasions) gets sacked.

But the staff are quite nice. Most of the issues are with the resources department.

Getting paid for your breaks is one good thing about it.

If you can work elsewhere, do.
Pros
breaks are paid for
Cons
long hours, expected to get up at 1:30am very often, your pay will be wrong
Bullying is not recognised
security ambassador (Former Employee) –  terminalsOctober 2, 2017
bullying goes on all over the airport and is rife, managers dont recognise it or deal with it, horific place to work, other staff say its been going on for years and never changes
Pros
Salary
Cons
Middle Management
Airport
Programme Controls Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ManchesterSeptember 16, 2017
The Airport is going through an exciting period of change whereby they are expanding and building better facilities for passengers.
The staff are all excited about the future for the airport.
Pros
Free Parking
care for people's safety and good teamwork
Aviation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterAugust 23, 2017
I left the job only because I had to move to another city. It was great, there is good teamwork, staff knows the primary purpose is the safety of passengers and staff as well.
Even if sometimes the shift is very long, we get breaks, time passes quickly and not too tiring. The work is on rotation, so you don't do the same thing all the time.
Pros
great satisfaction
Cons
not suitable if you have a child and need to pay childcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manchester Airports Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9