Manchester Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Not that bad
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJuly 12, 2019
Everyone on here continually bashes this company. I’m not here to say it was the best place to work, but it sure wasn’t my worst! Has it’s ups and downs just like every job does. The work isn’t bad and the hours aren’t either. The only 2 bad things about this company is the pay, and management. They treat you like family, and family can be pricks, but you still love them. Pay sucks! Lol
Team
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJuly 9, 2019
The management had a high turn over rate. But I loved my coworkers. We were really a great team. The facility itself Could be used some work. But overall I liked my job there. Staffing was always short but we were able to do our job as a team.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Always short staffed
Not for everyone
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 28, 2019
Would be nice if people understood that not everyone is the same. There are places out there that care about the or employees. You can't help that life happens.. Sometimes it can not be avoided. Would just be better if you was not discredited or talked about when things happen.
Pros
The residents
Cons
more focused on budget, than the need of residents and employees, Never have adequate supplies, Talking to the DON about anything is impossible.
Back breaking and always short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 4, 2019
Always short staffed like most long term care facilities. Very hard work and under appreciated. Management constantly changing and a huge lack of communication.
Pros
Plenty of OT
Cons
Everything else
Great facility, bad upper management
nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester Health CareJune 29, 2018
If you work well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap this may be the company for you. Upper management here has a knack for making strangers immediately. The management here brings a lot of joy whenever they leave the room. The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead when it comes to this company. It needs an overhaul from corporate down. The staff is underpaid and always over worked. Some great people work here and stay because they have families to feed and bills to pay. When they get a chance to go somewhere else, they will. Think wisely before excepting a job here if you already have one, but if you don't, this is the job for you.
Pros
This is the job for you if you do not have an offer elsewhere
Cons
Blood sucking company, long work hours, minimum pay..
Good people working under difficult conditions to provide cae and assistance to residents.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNMay 21, 2018
Staff and management provide the best sevice they can to the residents and families under these difficult circumstances. Residents vary from short term to long term and have different needs according to thier conditions and capabilities. The facility provides the staff with the means to provide proper care according to the resident needs.
Pros
Facility provides appropriate equipment and stock as needed for paient care.
Cons
It may take time to obtain the equipment and stock needed.
Not a pleasant place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNMay 21, 2018
.Not a pleasant environment to work in Housekeeping hours were cut but expected to do the same work in a shorter amount of time. Nurses and LVN always demanding of us and we were expected to answer call lights as well as our own job. A good many times they could not be found on the floor when needed. Some would even call us during our lunch break to clean up the mess. Several of my coworkers always talks down to me and made me feel inadequate. My supervisor was nice. . This nursing home is run by a cooperation and therefore don't feel they care about employees. More interested in making money. Big turnover in both nursing and housekeeping fields.
Pros
Housekeeping Manager was very nice to work for.
Cons
Always understaffed, nurses and LVNs very demanding when we had our own work to do., never received recognition for job well done., several coworkers always critical
Short staffed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 25, 2018
Always short staffed. The floor nurses have more work on them than they can handle. They do their job plus all the admission. Management never comes out and helps the floor staff. If there only 3 nurses in the building they just let them sink. They do not help answer call lights or even watch the halls when your short so you can take lunch. It is very disorganized. Management is very “clicky” if your not in the click then your not going to last in management. The floor nurses and CNAs do the best they can with limited staff and limited supplies. There have been many times people have had to leave and go to the store to get supplies to use because the facility was out. It is very stressful and I would not recommend it to anyone.
awful
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 24, 2018
I would not recommend anyone too work in there dietary department.Mangement sucks.They don't care about there employees at all.They have there one pet who does what ever she wants.And abuses the ones who are always there for them Just plain mean.A week 2as enough for me
Pros
free lunch
Cons
barely got a break
Poor management...great coworkers on the floor.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 22, 2018
Your fellow employees and the residents are what makes working at MHCC worth being there. The upper management is what makes you want to run away no matter the length of employment that you have had with the facility. Insurance through the company is outrageous and makes it where you can't afford to go to the doctor. You receive company benefits but new management is making it so you don't get the opportunity to use it at certain times of your choice or need. Management is absolutely unapproachable!! They do not want to hear your problems or concerns.
Didn't know what I was getting into.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNMarch 14, 2018
I'll be short and sweet. Not enough staff. Poorly managed. Not adequately supplied. Nurses are having to help tech in addition to nursing because there isn't enough help. I've never felt so physically or mentally exhausted.
Stay away
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester Health Care CenterJanuary 10, 2018
Worst place ever. Horrible management. Way too many patients to take care of to do a good job. Very stressful work . This nursing home was a lot better years ago but has went down hill. The turnover rate is way too high ...almost nobody stays here.
Pros
A lot of the residents were very sweet. Most of the workers were nice and helpful
Cons
Management working long hours working short handed
preparing food.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 3, 2018
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!
the people there ran over each other, no one had respect, and the bosses were also like that too. it was horrible.
i had hot water splashed on me, and also dishes threw at me daily and my bosses did nothing about it
Not a good place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashvile, TNNovember 9, 2017
Management is at its worst. No support form upper management at all. Expected to work with no supplies or enough help. If you ask for help, no one has any clue about anything and just passes you to someone else. All of the managers leave at 4:30 and wont stay over when we are overloaded. The majority of the time we never see any of them and they always walk past call lights.
Pros
Residents
high turnover of employees especially administrators
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNJune 2, 2017
DON attendance is terrible, late everyday or doesn't show up. HR stays in social workers office most of day so unable to talk with her. No raises and short staff
Cons
useless administrator & DON
Awfil
Nait (Former Employee) –  Manchester tnMay 22, 2017
Never have enough oil there only one can on a floor with over 25 patients very rude staff members and not alot of pay very difficult when short staffed
Stressed to the Max
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 5, 2017
The job/life balance is one sided. Your job comes first no matter what, your family doesn't matter--this job is your family. The stress is through the roof! continuously short staffed.Compensation/benefits are fair. Job security depends on who likes you. There is no real chance for advancement, once again it depends on who likes you. Management sucks--no stability, they come in and make things the way they want them with their ideas, changes,etc when they should ask the employees what works and what doesn't, then make changes accordingly. The most enjoyable part is the people you get to take care of, they are very appreciative.
Very bad place in all aspects
LPN (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 3, 2017
No teamwork at all. 95% of the employees are only there for a pay check only. Management very unorganized, non-caring towards staff and pts. 90% of the employees did not take pride in what kind of work they did or care they gave. Work load is way too much to the point of being unsafe almost. Very bad.
Do not work here
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNOctober 22, 2016
Hiring process was awful. Complete chaos. Very unorganized. I didn't even get paid for what I worked because I wasn't even in the system and they had no record I even worked there. Gave me the run around and playing phone tag just trying to get paid and everyone was really rude about it!
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Awful Management
nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNDecember 29, 2015
Management unorganized, micromanage, disrespectful to employees and residents, unrealistic expectations, huge staff turnover, continually changing procedures to reduce cost and please current management which is continually revolving. They expect you to be available 24/7 without compensation. Patient staff ratio frequently below safe levels, meals are poor in order to cut costs and several items unavailable such as sodas. Building leaks, hot water not always available and In my opinion residents are bullied into staying longer, inappropriate residents accepted putting others at risk. Very poor care and CNA's work so hard but treated poorly. Staff is threatened with losing their job if they aren't agreeable. Staff are very unhappy and frequently go home after their shift crying. Without a doubt this is the worst place I've ever worked.
Cons
When hired you were told certain things you will get and that never happens the job is based on lies