Mandee Employee Reviews

great team to work with
Retail Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 14, 2019
it was a very fast paced place to work but ht managers really made it fun and enjoyable and they were very flexible around your schedule. the team i worked with were very respectful to one another.
Dont waste your time
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bergenfield, NJApril 17, 2019
Worked at Mandee for 5 years coworkers were amazing made it a little easier to want to go to work everyday. District managers are very unprofessional with all the gossip and disrespect how they speak to their employees. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE WAS LEAVING THIS COMPANY
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Upper management, long ours, required to work 44 only get paid for 40
Mandee is a good place to work.
sales assoc/head cashier (Current Employee) –  165 rt 4 west paramus nj 07652March 22, 2019
Process shipment and take care of customer. Cuistomer Service 100 percent. I learn no matter the situation give excellent customer service. I always stay pleasant in bad situations. The most good thing about working at mandee is making customer happy and coming back shopping with the store.
Pros
Customer Service atall time in work place.
Cons
Always try to be on time for work.
Terrible!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJDecember 4, 2018
Bad management! Bad DM! No one respected sales associates! It was a pain coming to work every day. Shift durations doubled! New management has no sense of style. They messed the store up and our customers hated it! We lost customers due to management!
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 5, 2018
A typical day at work is customer service. I learned how to put together a mannequin. My manager is very fair and works well with each employee. Workplace culture is geared more toward a young generation. The hardest part of the job is the low pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is it's location.
Poor working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 31, 2018
On a typical day at work, I typically stand on my feet on the sales floor assisting go backs for four and a half hours, I only get a 15-minute break even though I can choose to have an hour break my managers tell me to "go take a 15". I learned the basics from sensoring clothes to assisting go backs, keeping racks in shape, and only working on the register about 2-3 times otherwise I haven't worked on the register since then. The management was very poor, unlike my assistant manager the general manager could not comprehend with my schedule because I am a high school student that couldn't be able to work on school days. She was very demanding and when it came to positions she couldn't be able to rotate me to the cash register. She always had me on the sales floor straightening up or putting clothes away, when it came to customers she would have a mean demeanor and seemed unapproachable, she took advantage of my kindness and treated me like I wasn't worth anything. The hardest part of the job is when you've been moving around on the sales floor all day putting clothes away and straightening clothes when it came near to closing time we had to straighten up all of the racks from front to back and fold as well so that made it even harder because by the end of the day your feet are hurting and you have even more to do instead of the manager suggesting we switch positions when it came to closing and allowing us to do something less vigorous while the other sales associates who weren't as active takeover. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you make customers smile and help them  more... out with any questions or concerns communicating with customers on the floor brightened up my day if it was going bad because of their smiles and how appreciative they were.  less
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Short breaks, Constantly working on the floor
Like being stuck in highschool
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Franklin NJOctober 25, 2018
Working at Mandee was like being stuck in highschool, all the employees talked about eachother behind each others backs. The rules were not followed unless HIGH UP Management were stopping by. No one wanted to work or do job duties and it was a fend for yourself type of place. No one was willing to help out eachother and it resulted in lack of organization ad frequesnt mistakes. NOT A TEAM PLAYER environment. Poor treaining and leadarship.

IF you were sick or needed to call out you had to find your own coverage management handled NONE of this.
Pros
Cons
nonq
Fun productive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
I had a very great working experience there they worked with me with my schedule but they didn't have any hours for about 3 months I was working 2 or maybe 3 days a week which wasn't enough I am a young single mom and that is very important to me to get as many hours as possible.
Pros
Very flexible with my schedule
Cons
didn't have enough hours
productive and fun enviroment to work in
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day start with making sure the shop floor is clean.
Make sure paperwork is done and hours are in in. The workplace vibe is positive and enjoyable and the customers are the best part. i
Pros
evrything was 10 dollars with a 20 percent discount
Cons
half and hour breaks and pay
Fun
Sales associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Although Mnadee was my first real job i ever one of the managers at the time was horrible she didn't know how to speak to people . Otherwise from her mandee and there prices are remarkable
unorganized
Lead cashier (Former Employee) –  Glen Oaks, NYSeptember 6, 2018
i learned to take on many task being in a big store with minimum to no coverage. management was inconsistent, unorganized and unprofessional. There was no work place culture. managers cared about opening the store and closing it as fast as possible. hardest part was recovering the tore by your self. the most enjoyable part of the job was the mandee money you received when you made your account goals.
Pros
flexible with school
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, late closing
1st Real Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MoosicSeptember 5, 2018
Mandee was a great place to work for your first job. I was there for almost 2 years, and mostly enjoyed it. Of course, with the clothes usually being so cute, and me being a clothes horse, most of my paychecks went right back to the stores profits!
In all seriousness though, I was a Sales Associate. I basically did a little bit of everything - cashier, p.o it away try-ons, inventory, markdowns, re-doing the seasonal floorset, changing mannequins, bank drops, pushed the store charge cards, shipment, and selling/helping customers.
I had a great manager who took the time to teach me a lot, I just wish the wages were higher there. Also no raises, ever.
I left because corporate decided to close about 30 stores due to down profits, and our store happened to be one of them. They have us about a month's notice before selling everything down to the fixtures.
Pros
Good discounts on store clothing, great work culture, great girls, got a good headstart on seasonal trends
Cons
No room for advancement, absolute minimum wage, sometimes not enough hours allotted
amazing
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I spent a lot of time here
great people, great managers never really felt like work
never really had a good reason to leave
I just wanted to see new things
I would go back
Loved it!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NJAugust 31, 2018
I loved working at Mandee. I loved the work environment and interacting with customers. I loved managing the display and floor plans. Visual changes were the most fun. I also enjoyed working the managers.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJAugust 16, 2018
I loved working on displays for the windows. It was a fast paced environment and customers was of different ages and nationalities. The customers always wanted your input on different styles.
Professional, structured, friendly environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 6, 2018
This job has greatly advanced my social skills and problem solving skills. It taught me to work in a fast, but efficient manner. It has given me knowledge and experience in regards to dealing with customer service.
Pros
Skill advancing, friendly staff and customers
Cons
Lack of benefits, low pay
Productive and fun place but tiring and overwhelming as well
Sales Associate / Cashier / Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJ / Edison, NjJuly 17, 2018
It was good working at this company because it showed me a lot , it made me come out of my shyness. I was able to talk and help people with their needs and questions, yes it would get tiring some days but you would get used to it.
Pros
One week payed vacation after working at the company for a year
Cons
Short breaks, Rude customers, Little pay
Amazing atmosphere
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 17, 2018
Madness would have been a wonderful place to work if they offered pay raises, and better hours, and better scheduling. Aside from all of that it was a great place to work. And everyone that worked there was really sweet.
Great experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bergenfield, NJMay 12, 2018
Great experience working at Mandee. Although hours were scarce and a little all over the place, staff and management are great. It is also allowed me to grow in skills such as customer service and problem solving.
Good High School Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Succasunna, NJMay 2, 2018
I worked at Mandee while attending high school.
Everyone that worked there had a high school mentality with a Mean Girls twist, but it was actually a lot of fun. They management stood up for their workers but knew when to say someone was in the wrong. Being that it was my first retail job, I had to get used to the pace and consistency of doing the same thing in repetition.

I enjoyed it a lot!
Pros
The environment
Cons
Out of date floor