Manhattan Beer Distributors Employee Reviews

Work hard to reach a limit
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Seniority counts for everything your growth of success is limited time goes by one ends up stuck at same position with same pay therefore years go by one gets injured company doesn’t need you no more
Pros
Always work available
Cons
But underpaid
They overwork you and dont offer a hand. Management wants no responsibility
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYAugust 14, 2018
I've been working here over 10 long years. The management was good. Then they changed people around and condensed sales routes. The good managers were smart and left or they were downsized. My new supervisor and manager give a question when you ask a question. There's no winning, no encouragement or positive feedback. Its only what you could have done better. They aren't happy even when you work extra hours. 7am I get texts asking questions. They want preplans and recaps. Late night promotions on occasion take more time away from my family. Never enough help merchandising. Products aren't ever rotated by merchandisers. You have to do alto of heavy lifting.
Pros
Beer sells it's self. Benefits are great
Cons
Management is terrible, late night meetings & promos. Heavy lifting
Okay to work for depending where
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 1, 2018
You get a huge workload. Many days I couldn't even take a lunch break. Depending on what department you work for, it could be either a blessing or a curse. The sales team does nothing but gossip all day about each other rather than doing actual work. My supervisor was extremely temperamental and could either be the nicest person ever or the biggest jerk you've ever met. He did do a great job at training me in what I needed though. They expect you to know a lot of company stuff nobody outside of the company would know. Overall an ok place, but not for me at all.
Pros
benefits, a lot of knowledge of the beer industry
Cons
huge workload, moody boss, work gossip
Great company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYAugust 1, 2018
I worked in manhattan beer for less then a year before a better opportunity arrived, and the company is very good to work for. Every friday early meetings but you get to sample beers and grow strong relationships with other business in your area
Pros
Phone and gas allowance, learn alot about different beers
Cons
Alot of driving
It’s a great company
Supervisor/Administrative Assistant/Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2018
I work three years for this company doing the job as a manager and being paid as a supervisor.I was told my shift on night operation will be 10 hours and was doing 12 plus hours.In Brooklyn warehouse they work you six days and paid you for 5 days and then ask you to take a day off.You get the day off at the time of the facility manager convenience.
Also if you are not a favorite of the facility manager then you have no place for growth.Its a great company to work for just the wrong people managing.
Productive company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2018
Good company and I learned more about sales and customer service. I visiting around 25 customer por day. I offering and sold company products and new products..
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Driving a lot
Not paid enough
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 1, 2018
Lots of work, lack of advancement, pay increase with new system seems alot more difficult for the actually compensation offered in the end not enough is done for the employee that go above and beyond for this job
Pros
Holidays off, Birthday off no work on weekends
Cons
Management and their micro managing and power control
Very physical
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Tough work but all in all good management that is willing to work with individuals needs. Great co-workers. Impeccable health insurance through the union.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Back breaking work
Sales: On Premise vs Chains
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYFebruary 23, 2018
On Premise: Low pay, but good management and work environment. Room for vertical movement within company.
Chains: God awful management. Stressful work environment. Absolute nightmare. Moderately acceptable pay, but not for the hours required. 6 days a week, but often 7 during peak season. Zero chance for advancement.

I would recommend on premise for the right person. Pay isn't the best, but the more you grow the route, the more money you make. Nice fringe benefits (Think: paid and encouraged liquid lunches. Good food constantly available and offered sometimes on the arm.) Most in on premise management are both laid back and supportive. It's like a family.

Chains is the anthesis. The astronomical turn-over rate should speak for itself.
Es buena
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Es una empresa de prestigio y con muchas facilidades para promociones por señoría y con diversidad de personas con diferentes nacionalidades
good place to work
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Very family orientated, easy going people. Wish I had more time there. They do a great job for showing they appreciate their employees. I had a lot of good times there, and were around a lot of great people.
Average Place to work
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Compensation for the job is not enough.
Long hours, a lot of travel, very little time off.
The hardest part of the job was having to commute to the office every Friday and sit through meetings with little to no relevance to my position.
Unfair and always expecting more
RECYCLING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day at work is doing more than your job and seeing your upper management sit in the office and telling you that you aren't doing enough. I learned that even if you want to move up and do the required work to get a promotion, they still won't promote you but bring someone from a different warehouse with less experience. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the drama between employees and never having job security. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.
Very exciting place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
This was an excellent place to build a career. Very relaxed and fun place to work. At times it can get stressful but it still is a very fun place to work. The pay is excellent and you are in control of your route
Must remain positive everyday no matter all the curveballs thrown at you
Driver/ Helper (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Definitely a learning experience. Job was extremely easy, just very physical and could run a lot smoother if managers and supervisors had better organization skills.
Pros
great pay
Cons
too many hours
fun place to work at
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Manhattan Beer is one of the best companies to work for in the northeast NYC.Great pay and fast paced.
For the city that never sleeps..................
Pros
great people
Cons
Beer business def fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 26, 2017
Loved working there learned a lot from my then supervisors. If your social you will gain a lot of relationships with your accounts and suppliers. The new GSM that came into office was terrible he is all about #'s and does not care to hear about your ideas to help with in the company. He also makes you feel below him as well as some supervisors. Most of them show face in the AM and then go home by the early afternoon and bark orders via email call or text
Pros
Free beer during promotions
Cons
non stop calls
Management team knows when to play and when to work hard
CFO & Sr.Management Team member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 15, 2017
Typical work day consists of scheduled and non scheduled meetings with the senior management team along with meetings with CFO's direct report; Corporate Controller.
fun work place
Customer service/ Research analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 29, 2017
helping customers, and drivers. We learned how to solve issues with customers and ourselves. Management is a bit unprofessional. Work place is helpful and we all work together well.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
poor pay
Overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated
Off-Premise Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
The day started really early, as early as 5 am and you needed to be on top of everything until late hours of the night, which was usually 7 days a week
Pros
Knowledge of Beer, craft beer, wine & spirit, water business
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, and uner appreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manhattan Beer Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about