Manhattan Christian Academy Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Good
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
It was a wonderful place for a mom to pick up some extra cash while her child is in attendance there. The teachers are so wonderful and the work is really more of providing loving, honest care rather than teaching.
Pros
extra cash
Cons
not fulltime and not competitive pay which I expected going in
Positive Workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
For a summer job I worked at for a few years it's a great place to be if you need and aid in life situations. An outgoing place where people care and respected each other .On a typical day it's a well balanced place with a lot of people coming in for Childcare sessions, Cooking for Homeless Shelter and Church Sessions going on at the time it was my duties to keep the area clean and to check around bathroom and kitchen. But I got to say it's an amazing cultural diversity safe environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It was Great enviroment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  401 W 205th St, New York, NY 10034July 29, 2015
The day would be hard to complete but i would take it as a challenge from cleaning the floor to the walls there would be some complations with people and i try mybest to keep the workplace safe and so i would step into the trouble to give reason to stop or if nesscary call sercuity. Its Still a great place to start my experince in i would also volunteer as a assistance for chief so i was always on the clock 12hours a day.But longer then that i do alot of heavy things around and organize the church plus i was a great support individual that aid other co-workers to finish fixing the church after the session. Lunch would be giving but as myself no so hungry i wound not spend so much time on lunch and by the end of the day i had to lock up .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to be
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 16, 2015
Employees are a group of like-minded individuals that try to achieve the same goals. Always enjoy my time at MCA, always so generous and loving.
Great people who are always looking for ways to make the job better
Tutor/Substitute (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be the team of tutors getting together and discussing how their classes were doing. We would all take days to share what we think is best and important for the students and we would also work on our own relationship with each other.
I learned how to manage a classroom of sometimes 30 students and get them to listen and understand what was happening and what we were going to do. I also learned, that children can walk all over you if you let them, so having prober discipline is in order. Rules have to be made and enforced.
The hardest part of the job was not getting the kids to pay attention, but was having them all understand whatever lesson that I tried teaching them; some of them would interpret it in different ways and some would twist the lesson. Especially when it was something basic like what is moral or immoral, or what is ethical and what is unethical.
What I most enjoyed about my job was the atmosphere, which was learning and growing. I worked with 2nd through 5th graders so I learned a lot from them. I always looked forwarded to going to this job, there was never a day I got up and thought to myself, "Oh man, I have to go to work now."
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Co-workers, Management
Cons
Strict Religious Rules, Location, Low Pay
Lovely work environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Loved working in MCA. There was always someone there to greet and smile. Although there was a bunch of employees, everyone still felt like family.