Manhattan Institute Employee Reviews

previous student
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2019
felt like a ghetto high school, but it got the job done. some staff is very unprofessional, there was multiple fights, people go out for drinks on lunch break and come back drunk. .. but if you want something quick
Horrible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
Horrible school. Several promises to the students but never keep.

Management team disgusting
Adjustment of salary to the instructors promise on the first 6 weeks but complete until the director of admissions decided. On my case without any reason completed after 5 months. Adjustment of $2.00. After a blank evaluation form was signed. No retroactive was paid. Received a call on Saturday to my personal cell by the director of admission to let me know that my services are not longer needed by the school.
Pros
Cons
Low culture, poor management level, several promises to the students no fill
Easy to work with students.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  34th Street NY, NYAugust 23, 2018
Conducted training sessions for Allied Health students. All sessions had to do with communications. Unecessary stress placed on employees by management. Hardest part of job was motivating my students. The most enjoyable part was when they were hired by their internship sites and other employers.
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment
proactive, ambitions
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my volunteer job is that you walk in and everything is hands on activities and you leave the day wanting to come back for more. The professors are so nice and easy to talk to and can guide you through the right path and help you with your career.
Pros
hands on, learn different exciting things every day!
Cons
travel
Intresting
Medical Professor licensed professional (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 16, 2018
I taught students how to be meical assistant what was needed of them to be proper medical professionals I love my students jsut need to have a correct full time schedule
10 out of 10
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2018
Great teachers and support system. I will recommend them to anyone. The training staff is well qualify. They were always ready to listen and help at the drop of a dime.
New experiences
Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2017
­Developing and implementing a curriculum that will prepare students to pass the CNA certification examination. ­Designing informative lectures with evaluation of students through assignments, clinical work and exams. ­ Assisting students with resume development skills.
A very challenging position
Trainer/Faculty- Medical Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
I learned a great deal of patience. I also learned how to manage a great deal of stress. A great learning experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when students would contact me and say they got the job they dreamed of.
Pros
Bonuses, Christmas lunches
Cons
No benefits
inspirational environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
My day was very productive from the time i stepped into the office until i stepped out. I learned real world experiences and the office and how to interact better with people. my co-workers often did their own thing but if there was help needed they wold help.
productive work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yonker, New YorkOctober 15, 2012
My typical day at work is get report, do walking rounds (verify census, see all patients breathing, draw morning labs, handle whatever problems arise, if any. Day by day I learn new skills and always work as a team, my management and co-workers are awesome i cant not complain, we're a family always looking forward to work with you. my hardest part of my job is wishing that I could have done something else for that patient who is really sick, and really deserves my full attention but I also enjoy helping people get back to optimal health and the idea that the job is never the same most days.
Pros
free pizza every other weekends.
Cons
a/n