Manistee County Medical Care Facility Employee Reviews

Stable job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIMarch 29, 2018
Working here was a great experience. It was like an extended family. There is definite longevity. 30 year and out retirement plan and you are vested after 6 years.
no comment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MISeptember 6, 2017
Outdated management systems. Too much paperwork along with computer follow up. No other comments. Didn't like the medication management system as well
Very fast paced place to work.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MIApril 19, 2017
Stressful environment working with ill and elderly patients...lot's of responsibility, hard to manage workers in those conditions. Lots of overtime. Great staff, hard workers. Met a lot of great residents, too. Very caring loving facility...just very busy and pressured.I learned a lot about treatments, meds, dealing with behavioral issues and how to handle grief. Met a lot of nice families there to. They provided a lot of activities and entertainment for residents too. Learned a lot about safety and took other jobs in housekeeping, kitchen and laundry too.A typical day was do have a brief meeting on what rooms and residents you were responsible for and anything new going on with them or any problems that needed to be addressed...busy non-stop days.Did physical therapy, helped residents with meals, dressing, bathing, grooming and kept rooms clean and safe. Also did a lot of transferring for non ambulatory residents.
Pros
working with and for people.
Cons
work never ends...
Enjoyed my job
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIMarch 31, 2017
I loved working with all the residents and my co-workers. I enjoy being a CNA. I would start work with transfering patients and helping with their every day needs. The work culture was good. I got along with my co workers. I learned a lot about being a CNA and I will be grateful for that, I can what i learned there and use it in my everyday life.
Could be a great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MISeptember 14, 2016
The MCMCF could be a great place to work the CNA staff there is very helpful and attentive to the needs of their residents they do however under staff them immensely. Leaving the staff to be over stressed n underpaid. As for management you will find they hide in their office a majority of the time until there is a meeting in which they need to attend, my question is how can management go to a meeting over a resident they don't really know?

The insurance there is OUTRAGEOUS and if you are covering your family you may as well kiss your paycheck goodbye.
Pros
paid birthday as a holiday, and hire in date.
Cons
no smoking, pay for your own lunch, OUTRAGEOUS insurance, uncaring management
Fast paced and productive
CNA, HHA, Activities Aide (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIMay 17, 2016
A typical day is fast paced and non stop activity. I learned some social skills when dealing with families and public and visitors. Did not always agree with management, but always able to work with them. Coworkers were friendly and helpful most of the time. The hardest part of the job were the long hours and mandating in the first few years of employment there. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the elderly and their families.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Short breaks
Very high pay, no benefits for LPN's
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIMarch 1, 2016
It is a very high quality facility that offers an equally high quality payscale, but they do not hire LPN's into full or part-time benefited positions, only "casual" positions.
Fair treatment of staff with the exception of the union nonsense
Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIMay 7, 2015
This facility is willing to work with staff to improve conditions, they have adequate supplies and equipment, and the rules are fair and, for the most part, equally enforced. Co-workers are very capable and willing to be team players. I learned about I.V. and feeding pumps as well as new wound care techniques. The hardest part of the job was mandation and the most enjoyable part was working with the excellent aides there.
Pros
Lots of experience with medical machines and techniqes. Decent pay and good management.
Cons
Hours cut because of union position rather than merit or personal preference.
Love taking care of the residents and working with the staff
CNA (certified nursing assistant) (Former Employee) –  Manistee MIAugust 11, 2014
The Manistee County Medical Care is about the same as the Veterans home. I really liked working with the staff and taking care of the residents! The benefits were not good but there was paid time off which was really nice if you needed time to spend with your family. They also mandated a lot to.
Pros
Lunches came out of your pay check so you didnt have to pay that day, loved the staff and residents, Pto
Cons
Health care, Mandation
Culturally bases facility
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIOctober 26, 2013
Tight knit community, polish descent, very close with staff and families