MANITOU GROUP Employee Reviews

poor place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 28, 2018
Didn't really get any benefits because I was working through a temp service. Although I worked through a temp service the manager there was horrible and I would never want to work there for the company as a regular employee.
Fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDMay 8, 2018
I had hands on with jack hammers, hydraulic pumps, and overhead chain lifts. I worked on putting together axels and also had the opportunity to drive these vehicles in our lot.
Work Hard Play hard
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDMarch 24, 2018
When I worked there they cut back on hours and there was a rumor of lay off so I left. Other wise I would have stayed there,supervisor was cool and got along with him.
Pros
Good money They think of the employees
Cons
Short breaks, less hrs
Fast paced, competetive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDFebruary 23, 2018
Work hard, stay on task, learn multiple cells to get more pay, communicate well with other co-workers to make things easier, show up on time, dont make mistakes
Work until you drop
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDFebruary 17, 2018
10 hours on your feet Monday through Saturday no if ands or buts, a very numbers oriented company, THEY WILL LAY YOU OFF WHEN THEY GET SLOW, absolutely no job security
Avoid
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIFebruary 14, 2018
I would simply tell anyone applying here for a white collar position to avoid it. The culture is toxic after the French takeover. Unless you enjoy playing politics and consistently lying to yourself and being lied to I would simply avoid. What they tell you in the interview and preach to you upfront will be very much from the truth once you hit the ground. Nepotism reigns supreme
Pros
Decent benefits and pay.
Cons
Current management is terrible and lies to you.
Upper management likes to keep things unknown to other employees
Electronic Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIFebruary 6, 2018
Upper management sometimes likes to keep everyone in the dark until a product or event is about to be launched. This tends to make it stressful when needing to create materials for the product/event.
Great Products sold worldwide
Welder (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 2, 2018
The company is a great place to work. They manufacture interesting products and sell them globally.

The plant was very clean and safe and I was given all of the tools that I needed to do the job.
Pros
Good benefits
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDJanuary 24, 2018
Work environment is fast paced. Management is fair, but expects results. Supervisors try and solicit improvement ideas from employees. Excellent benefits and wage package.
Pros
Good management, benefits and wages
Cons
can be long hours
Work enviorment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Parsons, TNNovember 21, 2017
Not enough employees for the required work. Stressful work hours and very unorganized. Takes to long to get hired on fulltime at this company. Not a bad temporary job.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
Bad house keeping
accounts payable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WISeptember 2, 2017
good company
40 hours per week and was temporary job.
 Prepared and distribute all approved vendor invoices, using IFS system
 Entered payments into appropriate general ledger accounts on the Accounts Payable System
 Coordinated with management to clarify charges and billings
Positive Culture
Domestic and Export Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIJuly 19, 2017
Team oriented company as Gehl prior to buyout by Manitou. Goal oriented with positive management interaction. Employees worked hard and were compensated competitively.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No longer exists
Good place to work, good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 8, 2017
Good place to work at good schedule Monday thru Friday. Fab shop guys always great to work with they've been there a very long time and always willing to show how to do the job.
Pros
Hours, peers, pay
Enjoyable but poorly managed at the top.
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Waco TexasJanuary 1, 2016
Department managers show compassion and care for their production workers. Human Resource manager has true love for the employees and understanding of life situation. Plant manager is worried about the bottom line therefore has little compassion and is also a bit of a micro-manager reflecting is lacking trust of his employees.
Coworkers are great. Truly enjoy the people I work with. All are working for the betterment of the company and are not afraid of putting in the work.
Pros
comfortable enviroment
Cons
upper Management lacks trust in key employees
Great place to work for night shift
Welder Lead/Robotic programmer (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDMarch 19, 2015
Worked the Night shift from 3:30 pm - 2:00 AM. Talk with shift leads about goals and expectations of each area. Met with area employees(co-workers) to relay what our daily priorities were. Then got to work making those goals a reality. Hardest part of the job was getting enough parts to keep up with the pace my team was working. Most enjoyable part was at the end of the day when I would report to my supervisors the amount of cages we got done because it was usually more than the daily goal.
Pros
Nice people, night managers are great to work with, recognition
Cons
lack of training to employees new to the field
Build a good paint team was a team that was fun to train and work with made it fun to come to work every day
PAINT SHOP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 10, 2015
Paint parts for 5 trucks a day. Painting of new parts. Management was more of a mom and pop operation. co-workers were ok. Hardest part was working in hot area. Most enjoyable was working with my team.
Growing Business.....
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 28, 2014
A typical day is very fast paced for a moderate sized plant of about 70 employees.
I had never worked in this type of environment so I was fortunate enough to learn a great deal about fork lifts.
Small departments which equals to more hands on management for constant guidance.
The toughest part of the job would be leaving for relocation.
The best part of the job knowing that we are building quality forklifts.
Pros
dental insurance
Cons
limited health insurance options
Productive, Educational, Fun and Exciting
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIDecember 10, 2013
Everyday was a new day, always learning new things within the Enterprise IT world.

I learned many different ways to troubleshoot client computers, how to setup networks that allowed computers and other technologies to communicate with one another. I have a better understanding of securities and encryption within the IT world.

Management was very easy to talk to and work with when a problem arrised.

Co-workers were great people and I've learned many different ways to assess and solve IT problems from them. We have all stayed close since my leaving.

The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out a problem that affected more than one person. Staying calm, explaining the situation to the end-users helped them stay calm and to understand we were working on the issue diligently.

Being able to solve a problems that arrised throughout the day. Also being able to create VM's (Virtual Machines) or networks that worked properly.
Pros
Hour long lunch, working with great people that always gave back to the community.
Cons
Couldn't work over 40 hours