Mankato Clinic Employee Reviews

Internship Experience is great
Externship (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 11, 2019
I had an externship through Mankato Clinic for school and it was a great way to practice my skills in the clinical setting. Everyone was supportive and ready to teach new skills.
Pros
Friendly environment, learning opportunities
Great place to work and practice!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 12, 2018
The "feels like family" culture and leadership at the Mankato Clinic is what sets us apart from other organizations and makes us a great place to work and practice medicine. The providers and staff are incredible, and work well together to provide compassionate, quality care for our patients.
Great Place to work
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 7, 2018
Best place to work people treat one another like a family. We put the needs of the patient first and always do the right thing. Senior leadership is visible and cares about the team.
Wonderful Workplace
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 6, 2018
I have really enjoyed working for the Mankato Clinic. I think the wages are fair and competitive with other jobs in the area. The providers and staff work well together to provide quality care for the members of our community.
Feels like working with family!
Health Infomation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Health InformationDecember 5, 2018
I work with a great group of people that feel more like family than coworkers. We are constantly bouncing ideas off of each other and work closely together. My manager is flexible and very understanding of home life needs, and that sometimes things just happen. She sticks up for her employees and is a positive encourager. While working in a clinic can be tough with healthcare constantly changing, we work together to adapt to those changes and stay current. I love working at Mankato Clinic and can't wait to see what the future brings.
Exceptional team to be a part of
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 29, 2018
Mankato Clinic is a fantastic place to work! The team-focused approach allows you to work together to provide excellent patient care and provides the tools to do so. The leadership team is top notch and makes a real effort to guide the clinic in being the best it can be. Leadership truly cares about patient and employee satisfaction and is constantly making efforts to improve. They are approachable, in addition to being aware and involved in the daily workings of the clinic without micromanaging. The culture is the best out of any company I have worked for. This was very apparent from my first day of employment many years ago, and every day since. Every voice matters, work/life balance is supported, and it seems they are always in front of the horizon to keep up with the changes in healthcare. The clinic is very supportive of career development and the benefits can not be beat. I love my job and love working for such a caring, compassionate, and innovative company that makes a real difference in the patients they serve. You will not be disappointed if you choose to work at Mankato Clinic.
Pros
Culture, benefits, leadership
Excellent Place To Work
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 29, 2018
Mankato Clinic is a great place to work. We have excellent staff and providers to care for our patients. Staff truly care about their patients and that is our number one value-Patient Centered. The neat thing about the clinic is that our staff care about their team/coworkers like family. Although we have gotten larger, we have that small town clinic feeling.

Our executive leadership treats our staff with respect, is very transparent and has the best interest of the clinic at hand. We are physician owned, which is important as they live locally and make the decisions they think are best for the patients and community.

Benefits are also an important part of the compensation package. Excellent health insurance coverage and retirement plan.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible work environment, Staff, Patient Focused
Fun place to work
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 29, 2018
Mankato Clinic is a great company to work for! They truly care about employees and benefits are great. Coworkers are great and supportive of each other.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers
Excellent workplace culture with great work-life balance
Clinical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 29, 2018
For its size, the clinic does well to offer good benefits and is very transparent in how it operates. Employees at any level have opportunity to meet and get to know upper level management with the ability to give meaningful input. The company works very hard to engage and survey employees to keep workplace culture very positive resulting in long lasting careers for many employees.
Pros
Workplace culture, benefits, transparency
Excellent!
RN Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WickershamNovember 29, 2018
I left the Mankato Clinic several years ago to raise a family with the intention to return one day! Ten years later I was back! After working in 2 other locations, I knew for sure the Mankato Clinic was the only place for me. This clinic truly cares about the patients they serve and the employees they hire!
Great Place to Work!
Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 29, 2018
I have truly loved Mankato Clinic. They are so much like family as I get to spend 40 hours a week with each of my coworkers! Being a part of the patient's day has been a rewarding experience. I love hearing stories and being a light in their day.They offer great benefits, family centered environment and everyone has been so nice and welcoming into my role.
Pros
Benefits, Co-Workers, Great Company
Cons
None!
Great Benefits
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 20, 2018
The Mankato Clinic offers great benefits, including a very generous profit sharing plan. They also strive to make the culture fun while still maintaining a patient focused atmosphere.
Wonderful, fastpaced environment, with caring leadership, excellent benefits, and great co-workers
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 6, 2018
I have been at the Mankato Clinic for nearly 10 years and it is an amazing place to work. The physicians care about the employees and want to make sure we are happy and in the loop on things. The benefits can't be beat, and work life balance is so important that now they provide us some classes on it. What I really like in how important wellness is to everyone, patients, and employees. We are encouraged to take care of ourselves and get involved in community fundraising events such as Climb to Feed Kids, walks, and other events. My co-workers rock! It is like a family here.
Leadership is great, they actually do regular forums where they keep us in the loop on what is going on with the clinic, they share financial info, new services coming out etc. Not like other places where I have worked and the employees are the last to know. Go ahead and apply here, you will not be sorry!
Pros
Great benefits, huge 401k match, great PTO plus extended leave time, great culture!
Cons
Can't think of any
Cut-Throat surgical
Surgical APP (Former Employee) –  Mankato MN, ISJ, MSC, River’s EdgeMarch 1, 2018
I had very little structure with starting in surgery in the fast-paced month of December, no set orientation, no guides, really no mentor, I was just thrown where-ever needed. I was supposed to shadow with the surgeons in clinic until my credentialing went through, but that happened right away. Unless you have a ton of surgical experience, I would not recommend this position unless you have a ton of previous surgical experience. The management will not back you, and the surgeons will not be happy with you, and instead of communicating this to you, will go to management/HR, and not give you the immediate feedback that you need to learn from. You can also expect this at the 6, 12, 18 month reviews. If they are not happy, they will threaten you with “termination”. Learn as you go, some surgeons are better than others at teaching, but will gladly give negative feedback without talking to you in person. Having to work with 16 + surgeons in 5 specialties made it very challenging to learn in a timely manner. Must use 3 different EMRs at 3 different sites. Support staff is great, but a few needy surgeons will always find reasons to be dissatisfied, despite helping them every step of the way.
Pros
UpToDate, A few top notch surgeons that love to teach, Cell phone $20/month
Cons
On call, call-back, no place to sleep, must maintain 20 minute radius of hospital, peer support of PA’s
A fulfilling place to work
Physician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 15, 2018
I am treated well by the clinic, but am expected to work hard, which is easy to do with a collegial staff that share common goals of great patient experiences.
Pros
Great, stable staff
Cons
Busy.
Busy Department
Registered Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 1, 2018
I went from working on the floor as an RN to a management position in same department. Difficult transition but worth it. Have worked for same company for over 15 years. Great benefits! Highly recommend as a place to work.
Fantastic work environment!
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Mankato Clinic has been hands down one of the best companies I've worked for. Work is fast paced and you stay busy, no worries about being bored, but a fantastic team atmosphere to help you out if you start getting too much on your plate. Great benefits, and manager is easy to work with regarding PTO requests. Excellent variety in each day.
Pros
PTO and benefits, team atmosphere
Cons
Don't have any!
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
CMA (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I am a fairly new nurse and Mankato Clinic has been a great place to expand my nursing knowledge and really push me to utilize my skills. My coworkers are always willing to help with questions, as are managers and providers. Although the pay isn't what I had hoped, it is the same as other positions within the area, and benefits are great, if not better than what I was receiving at my previous job. I am now also a new patient with the clinic and my experience as a patient is also very good.
Clinic RN
Cardiology Staff RN, Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56003October 9, 2017
Clinic nursing position for Cardiology and Endoscopy, busy paced position with low pay scale for clinic role. Detail oriented position dealing with patient care, education and coordination of care.
Patient Account Representative/ Revenue Management (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Mankato Clinic cares about their employees, they offer many employee benefits and extras. Would go back to work there in a heartbeat! Awesome management and co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mankato Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Mankato Clinic Reviews by Location