Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 9,275 reviews matching the search See all 14,036 reviews
Manpower placed me in several jobs that I liked
Temporary Aid (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARNovember 21, 2018
Although I didn't care for the manager of Manpower Mountain Home, I still liked the jobs that I was placed in and the manager was very helpful in placing me in those jobs
Good working there
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 20, 2018
They help you get a job they help you get jobs around your area justin case youdont have a car the staff are friendly very helpful and help yougetyour hours
Pros
Summer time lot of jobs
Cons
They dont oay holydays
Good temporary job
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MONovember 20, 2018
Not really a bad place to work for but the jobs the provide are actually very difficult to get hired on at. They pay you on a card which sucks because everytime you take money off your constantly paying ATM fees and benefits aren't great at all . Thier management is pretty friendly and easy to get along with but some of the employees you work with are lazy and not hard working at all.
Pros
Pays okay
Cons
Short term assignments that
Great people
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 19, 2018
Great people and company to work with. The staff is very friendly and treat you like family. They only want the best for you and your family. The staff really takes their time to help you.
It was a diferent learnng experience but still fufiling
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48103November 19, 2018
When I was on the job I was able to meet different people from all different walks of life which I loved. I was able to be apart of the hospital team in a lot of ways by assisting the staff. The most enjoyable parts would be interacting with the different patients and their families and hearing their stories. Maybe some of the harder moments would be having to sit with patients going through pain or other patients who couldn't communicate some of their issues. Overall the takeaway was that I became a lot better with my communication skills as well as networking.
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
It was hard to take days off
Stable work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2018
Manpower values good work performance and will acknowledge such. They will take the time to check in on their workers and evaluate their work performance with the intent to build on their employees strengths and to strengthen areas that can be stronger. Manpower does what it takes for their workers to be successful. The Management team is very down to earth which I believe brings a connection to their workers which makes their workers want to stay and be loyal to the company.
Pros
Employee of the month in which I was awarded
Cons
No paid vacations
Technician (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCNovember 19, 2018
Contingent workforce within another company. Diverse in culture. Hands on learning. Environment was friendly and engaging. Learning was easy and immersive.
don't value employee
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 18, 2018
long and hard` did not get train learned as you went,bad,the place was very un organized,the way you was talked too,payday.i don't know what else you want me to say when yo call office people were very rude and one worded every thing was look on the website.all i want was some help.
Pros
good pay
Cons
worked too much overtime.
Productive and fulfilling working environment.
Underwriting Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 18, 2018
I have fully enjoyed my positions through Manpower and will be making recommendations to others. The staff is very understanding, kind, and easy to work with. They also provide great feedback.
Not great
Paint (Current Employee) –  Connersville, INNovember 18, 2018
I tried at least 3 times to get in touch with my manager during office hours and was told each time that he was either out of the office or couldn't take a call but would call me back. He never did. I also worked in the paint department and had to pull hot carts out of the ovens 10+ times per day with the person that was training me. They only provided one pair of gloves so that meant that one of us was constantly burning our hands in the ovens
Management is very poor
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bentonville,ARNovember 17, 2018
Management at both Bentonville AR & Springdale, AR (Springdale being the worst) have thrown me under the bus, twice, lied to client to save the contract. No integrity, non.
Pros
Can get your foot in the door with a good company
Cons
No integrity, management is poor.
Manpower was a bias operation in my opinion
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 17, 2018
They were unfair to me. They allow a man to pull my wig off or told another worker to pull my wig off, they let me go and he is still there to this very day. I was so hard working under those conditions.
Pros
Cons
job
Company is too big to manage growth
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
Great company in theory however, too big and too many excess managerial titles instead of focusing on true culture development and transformation. Would be better if there was a focus on human capital advocacy.
Manpower is a really good agency to partner with to gain experience and exposure to various fields.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 16, 2018
I always loved temporary agencies and Manpower was very helpful for me when I needed to be found by employers seeking temporary and contract employees for administrative office support work. On occasion, an employer would request me a second time.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Sudden change of staffing
A good place to get experience
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valle del CaucaNovember 16, 2018
a typical day at work started at 7:30am with 10-20 interviews per day and appointments with clients. I used to work from Monday to Friday between 7:30am to 6:00pm.
Cons
no breaks, no flexible hours
No respect
Gelfoam Inspector (Former Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 16, 2018
They have let their workers go and refuse to help find them jobs if any employer lets them go. It does not matter the reasoning that someone is let go. The worse was when a person was let go for being too pregnant or when someone had gotten in a car crash. Manpower gives no respect or cares about their employees.
Pros
Cons
no raises, poor management, disrespectful.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MONovember 15, 2018
I liked working with the people and the hours and the job location was close to home and home every night.friendly environment a lot of people to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Swing shift
Fun, interesting jobs
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 15, 2018
At Manpower, I worked for several different companies in several different positions. All of them were office based and fun to work at. I served as a Receptionist, Secretary II at a Kids Mental Health facility, and as an office coordinator in the hospital. The hardest part of the job is that it was all temp work. Sometimes I didn't know if the job would be for one day, one week or a month. All of the places I worked were enjoyable and I had the option of turning the job down if I didn't feel it was going to be a good fit. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making new friends. I was new to the area I worked in and it helped me make new connections and it helped me with networking to find a new, permanent job.
Pros
New friends, connections, and experiences
Cons
Short term positions
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 15, 2018
A great place to work for and when available they will continue to hire you as long as you work to the best of your ability they have no problem with rehiring you.
Great company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 15, 2018
loved my job there but unfortunately my positions was eliminated and i was laid off. OVerall great experience with them but corporate likes to restructure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K
44.2K
33.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight