Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 9,638 reviews matching the search See all 14,644 reviews
Nice long term job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 18, 2019
I have been working for IBM for 15 years. I would have stayed had they not laid me off due to IBM breaking away from IBM assistants and is now using low paying Costa Rican Admins.
Pros
working from home
Cons
just 7 days vacation pay
my review
GENRAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 18, 2019
if you are trying to start work and learn industrial type work than manpower is amazing, they would teach you everything before they send you off by yourself
Pros
nothing
Cons
lack of pay
Worst Company Ever
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2019
Management at Manpower is terrible, which is probably why senior management positions in the company completely overturned 2x in my tenure with Manpower.

In my particular position my manager was the most unethical person I have ever worked with and the worst part was that senior management that was based in Milwaukee never visited our site, so this guy got away with everything.

Manpower never backs up or stands behind its employees and there client is always right, which is why Manpower clients can treat the temp staff any way they choose.

Finally, Manpower is the rock bottom, lowest paying staffing company out there. They pay nothing more than minimum wage for any position and rarely hire anyone as an employee, even in management roles for Manpower they contract people.

Save yourself the grief, frustration and headeaches and steer clear of any employment with Manpower. One of Manpower's bragging points is the they were voted one of the most ethical companies to work for, in my experience they were easily the most Un-ethical company that I worked for and treat Employees as well as contractors like disposable units- Steer clear of Manpower at all costs.
Pros
The work was steady
Cons
Pay, Fair Treatment, Benefits, Management is awful, Company management structure is horrible
Fun Place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 18, 2019
They do alot of staffing to the bigger companies. As well as provided a safe work environment. I loved the position I was in being a shipping and receiving clerk it was fast paced and everyone had a good time working.
temp work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 18, 2019
I worked at Toyota through manpower it was a temp job I enjoyed the job however the hours left a lot to be desired on the evening shift. the pay at the time was good.
It's a temp service
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 17, 2019
They're good about communicating openly with you with any issues or questions you have while on the job, consistent and flexible scheduling, they help you find work in the field you are looking for with great advancement if you so desire.
Pros
positive morale and work environment, paid lunch
Cons
pay not so great
Great recruiter who kept me working!
Contractor at Synovus - Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 16, 2019
I highly recommend Manpower. If you work hard for them, they'll work hard for you. The recruiter really listened to what I wanted from a temp or perm position and she nailed it each time. She kept me busy at a fortune 500 company who eventually hired me as a permanent employee.
Pros
Assignment flexibility and diversity.
Cons
No benefits.
good place to work,people are nice at getting you work
Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 16, 2019
I worked for Manpower twice, both times were good. I had excellent management both times, different people, the jobs and companies were both good. both jobs were excellent
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
wish they would had been permanent jobs
Productive and fun place
Dishwasher/school district (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2019
Great place if your LOOKING for quick employment. Weekly pay. Nice people, an all types of jobs available i had fun working for rge school district i met alot of good kids.
Pros
Weekly pay, nice people
Cons
Shorterm employment
My recruiter was HORRIBLE
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 15, 2019
I was a contractor through them for my current job and my recruiter was just awful. She never answered her phone calls or emails and even after leaving a voicemail she would take days to get back to you. When she did finally get back to you she had an attitude and like it was a chore to talk to you. She was very rude and condenscending when going over the reviews from the managers. She accused me more than once of doing things I did not do as well.
Pros
Got me to a great job
Cons
Recruiter was awful
Wonderful
Light Industrial Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 15, 2019
Nice paying jobs even though they were temp very good to the clients and pay on time helpful when having a problem and call you when they have something right away
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Just slow on finding work
Poor Management
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  michiganMarch 15, 2019
You have to have a fake personality if you want to move up with this company. Payroll was moved overseas so there are CONTINUOUS payroll issues and is one of the main reasons people go to other services for work.
temporary agency
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harley Davidson tour centerMarch 15, 2019
will depend on assignment as to what benefits, dress code, hours and pay are required. i had no issues with manpower or my assignment. can't recommend or discourage, will be based on your needs.
Always working
Shipping & Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 15, 2019
good jobs available but hours may vary and if ever laid off always have another position available elsewhere
Always meeting new people and actually enjoy working with who i'm working with. communication between the office and I are good.
Pros
constant work
Cons
pay could be better for some positions
Temporary position
Industrial Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 14, 2019
drive to the job site meet up with the team report to work. Get supplies organizing where to go and what job each worker is doing .I did Industrial cleaning , power washing and using chemicals on machinery cleaned ,
Pros
teamwork
Cons
temporary jobs
very fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAMarch 14, 2019
the contractor I worked for was a very good contractor. we workin in the building of a new hospital. Management was easy going. they actually treated us like we mattered and were not just employees
Temporary jobs
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 14, 2019
No room for advancement, only temporary jobs. Would say the jobs are permanent an much room for advancement, all jobs they had sent me to were low paying, schedules not accurate, an one place was getting ready to lay off the temps
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
No benifits or long term jobs
Review
Leesville - Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LAMarch 14, 2019
Enforcing the Municipal Ordinances and codes for the City of Leesville. the Management team is one of the best ive worked for. the workplace is friendly
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2019
My assignment location from Manpower was great. I would have liked more compensation, health benefits and more than earned paid sick leave that amounts to 1 hour of paid sick leave per 1 week worked. There has been no open enrollment in over 9 months but the people and staff are kind, knowledgeable, and supportive. They also offer tuition assistance.
Pros
Training
Cons
No real health benefits
Temp Staffing Agency
Jobsite Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 13, 2019
I appreciate the quality of service in finding me jobs and letting me earn little money i can. Always on top of things in the office and answering any question i had about an job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K
44.4K
33.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Manpower.

Powered by Comparably