Manpower
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Manpower:

Manpower Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA100 reviews
fun environment. some places were better than others. staff members were very helpful and friendly. they kept you moving from one job to another and sometimes long periods of time. i worked a entire year with this company and ended up being there for seven years. became record center coordinator. and i got employee of the month through manpower and my job.
Another assignment through manpower I worked at the airport(LSG). we did refrigeration and coolers. everyday was breakfast, lunch and dinner. unlimited snacks and soda. hated to leave that place but the freezers and being december didn"t work for me.
Pros
free food all day
Cons
reasonable breaks from freezers
Good starting place if you are interested in HR. Provides basic training but you need to be motivated to learn more on your own and gain your own skills. Not a ton of advancement opportunities though.
1. Health insurance for contract workers doesn’t begin until 1 month of employment has passed. They don’t tell you this in job posting, and only reveal it to you on your first day of employment.

2. For things she could tell you directly, the Engagement Manager orchestrates company-wide email CC’ing everyone that details your infractions (like eating smelly food at your desk) so everyone at the company knows. Your professional reputation can be destroyed in an instant by the Engagement Manager.

3. Engagement Manager doesn’t count bathroom breaks as part of the “8-hour” work day.

4. Engagement Manager invited everyone in the Korean Department to a team dinner. Only 1 person from the team showed up.

5. Engagement Manager “saves” up your infractions (like having a messy desk) and delivers punishment when she feels like it.

6. No bonuses, paid-time off, or sick leaves for contract workers in the first 6 months of employment.
The compensation is below the market rate. Flexible hours and remote work are very convenient. Company hires incompetent linguists and expects competent linguist to "edit" the incompetent linguists' work.
My experience with Manpower has been nothing but excellent my supervisor is awesome person. The work place I go to is awesome and the people are great to work for.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I loved working for manpower. I received great jobs and the company placed in positions that was the best fit for me. Most of the jobs I worked through Manpower paid well, however some of the companies gave no benefits to contract employees. Overall, I enjoyed my work assignments and I would love to be placed on an assignment.
Did temporary assignments, got a permanent job my first assignment! Had assignments my first day went back to one for 6 months before being hired on permanently.
Pros
flex schedule work whenever you want
Cons
No real stability
The work experience was enjoyable. Because we were dealing with individuals who had been living in difficult situations. It was gratifying that we were able to help in some small way.
Just the best environment and the best offices i have ever seen. The boss interact with the clients and the coworkers. I learned to be patient with myself and the demands of the job. Its very demanding but has a great reward.
Pros
the best managers
Cons
need more school to have the best jobs
just the most exciting and clear cut job in the market today. If you have ambitions you should work for manpower. You have to know your job to do it or you are stuck. The best responsibilities in the world and the most technical as well
Pros
best location and in house parties
Cons
too much work, too many clients
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manpower?
This company gave me the opportunity to experience many different work setting and learn and transfer a wide range of skills. The opportunity to work in many different environments helped to hone my skills and become very versitile.
Working for Manpower Associates has been a rewarding experience. I have been able to gain valuable experience and learn transferable skills that I believe will help me to establish a rewarding career.
Manpower is an employment provider that places individuals within other companies as contract positions. Each office is run separately managed by, and run according to the staff of the day, month, and or year. I have had good experiences with management and sometimes not so good.
Pros
As good as the management can be
Cons
When they know little to nothing about a client
None, I have had only one job since I applied to Manpower. Manpower is made for people that need money quickly and do not have a level of education, from what I saw.
Just a student job to cover expenses. A lot of different jobs for a lot of different companies doing a lot of different tasks. Nothing special, it was ok for that time.
I did many assignments for Manpower and they were great to me! I learned so much from the clients I worked for, and I improved many skills that I needed professionally.
People are cool.It was a contract job. Manpower offers many opportunities in different industries. Also there a lot of variable online courses and formations available for free.
You get sent to random jobs. They try to give you enough notice before the job...usually 3 days before. Sometimes you'll get lucky and work at a place for a few weeks then they hire you full time.
Manpower no longer seems to have staffing contacts with the top companies in the area as they once did. Now offering mostly warehouse/retail opportunities which are low-paying. Very few administrative jobs. Managers and other staff are great people, though.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours/offerings
Cons
Mostly low-paying, manual labor jobs
ManPower is a worldwide Staffing Company and working there provided you with access to clients and workers from various workforce professions.
The company is fast paced and a leader in providing staff and services to various emoloyers within the international, commercial and government environments.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Manpower is a great place to work for. Most of my assignments have been long term. The pay is okay, but could be better for the Finance /Accounting.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Cons
No Leave
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.
6.4K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Manpower.