Manpower Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 2,017 reviews matching the search See all 15,120 reviews
No advancement, unrealistic expectations
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2019
No advancement within the company. No raises and if you get one it’s low even with a excellent review, management is not the best. They created a culture that put employees against each other. Unrealistic expectation and when you try to offer out of the box thinking, it’s not welcomed....
Pros
Good coworker for the most part
Cons
Some coworkers are out for themselves and that is promoted by management.
Productive and fun workplace
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2019
Steady work but no benefits sometimes no room for advancement also sometimes no temp-to-hire positions available but for the most part it's okay place to work
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No benefits
Plantation
Sealer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 18, 2019
The hours sucks if you are not used to waking up at 2:30am or 3:00am to get ready for your shift starting at 4:30 am and ended at 2:30pm for 5 days sometimes 6 days a week. And the breaks are really short, so bring something light if you want to at least get one bite in. The people seems nice but stay in clicks, which is fine because I am not much of a talker. Only thing good here is maybe the pay of 10 dollars an hour.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Work hours and short breaks
Great temp service
Temp/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMay 17, 2019
They got me a job quick when I had moved home. And I was able to work as much overtime as the plant I worked for would give me each week. Loved working for them but was glad to get full time
Manpower is ripping you off!!! Don't do it!!!
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 16, 2019
They take your money($3 to $5 an hour of your paycheck), no real benefits, and you are a temp-hire(the company treats you like a temp too). Don't fall for their gimmick. It is not that hard to find work on your own. Why take a Temp job with Manpower that pays $10.50 an hour when you can be a permanent hire with benefits at $15.00 an hour by going straight to the Company. I guess if you don't have time to look, no skills, or just a lazy butt then use Manpower. THEY TAKE YOUR PAY FOR NO REAL SERVICE. SMH...
Pros
Cons
They take your pay for no real service.
Good people
Packaging (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 14, 2019
The hours are hard though. You just stand in one spot packaging cherry tomatoes. It gets headed on the legs back n feet when you're not use to it.....
Man Power is an agency that contracts jobs out to companies
IBM Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Home office in Westchester, New YorkMay 13, 2019
Basically, I was assigned to IBM as an Exec. Admin Asst. through Manpower. So I can't rate "Manpower" per se since I didn't perform anything work wise directly for them.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Hours limited to contracted hourly agreement.
Temp agency
AIU (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2019
Assists with short and long term job placement. Good if need something quick. Sometimes you get stuck at jobs you don't want to be at because they have nothing available.
Manpower kept ending my jobs
Worked through manpower a few years ago (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIMay 12, 2019
When the job I was working offered me extra hours manpower c add lled me and told me I was no longer needed which I look earned was a lie they just did not want to pay me the extra
Military
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 12, 2019
This is a military installation at Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA. Being in the military can provide you great opportunities, pay and benefits. See your nearest Marine recruiter to learn more.
Great assignment at SC Johnson
Production (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 11, 2019
Enjoyed the part time hours and content of work during assignment at SC Johnson at Bay City, Michigan. Hourly pay rate is equivalent to the amount of work.
Pros
Paid for all 12 hours
Cons
12 hour shifts can feel long.
Decent until there isnt work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMay 6, 2019
The pay isnt the best and they definitely take their cut, depending on assignment you could either get a decent job temporarily or a really unfair low paying high demand job that doesnt provide hours that you will be put on low priority if you leave before your contract ends meaning you wont be allowed to find new assignments through them.
Pros
They help you find work
Cons
The work is not sustainable or doesnt pay for living expense
an ok place to work
MILLWRIGHT/ MACHNERY INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 29, 2019
it was a fast paced environment,learned a lot from several of the employees where i was at.hardest part of the job was all of the traveling.most enjoyable was getting to meet people from all the walks of life
Pros
good money
Cons
no benefits and travel a lot
Fun place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 25, 2019
This company is very reasonable and helping establish a constant income and job stability. Temporary jobs is what the company offer sometime long term depending on the job placement.
Pros
Nice work place
Man power
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILApril 22, 2019
It’s was ok working for manpower but most jobs are low paying and don’t have any room for even a small advancement, just need better paying jobs with more of chances of getting employment
Pros
Finds work fast
Cons
Low paying, no room for growth
A good place to get your foot in the door
Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 22, 2019
Where I was placed with Manpower, I was in an office environment and while the work I did was important, I wasn't paid much and it got very tedious after awhile. Steady job though.
Pros
Steady work and hours
Cons
Short breaks, tedious after a while, low pay
Good place to get in the door at Walmart
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 21, 2019
Good job to start at the Walmart chain. Start at the bottom as a call center agent for manpower then transition to full time for Walmart. It’s hard to transfer out of the call center. Only a lucky few do.
Pros
Foot in the door for Walmart. Steady paychecks
Cons
Hours.
It's not a fun job
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOApril 21, 2019
Overall I didn't really like working for Manpower to pay was low and the work was hard some of the jobs are fun that they sent me on but then they were jobs at work hard and it was like hard to get to the jobs too
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No vacation overtime
Good Starting Point
Sales (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2019
This is a good place to start a career and meet people, but it is hard to move within the organization and pay is lower within this company than competitors.
Pros
Networking
Cons
No growth opportunities, low pay
Lies deciet and bitterness
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIApril 19, 2019
I worked at the ada mi location for amway. Here i was told that they are hiring lots of people into the actual company. No they dont 18.months of work is your temp tims here. Cobra benefits. No pto even though u work full time.
Pros
Could get a different assignment depending on where you live
Cons
Alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight