ManpowerGroup
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

ManpowerGroup Employee Reviews

United States232 reviews

Productive workplace

Excellent company, friendly management and it is good place to work for. Although it is a part time and project based position I enjoyed working there.

Productive workplace

Great place to work. Ive worked there for years. There are short term and long term assignments. They also have training portals you can use to increase your skills.

ManpowerGroup insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Inclusive, Diverse, and Supportive

Manpower is awesome. Leadership is transparent and encouraging. I’ve held 6 roles with the company and continue to have growth opportunities. People first mindset!

Pros

Flexibility

Lots of Layoffs & Staff Reductions at Global HQ

When I left there in 2013, I had already 'survived' six staff reductions. They eventually eliminated my job, and most of my department. They had many staff reductions over the nine years I was there. The 'survivors' were expected to take over the duties of those who were downsized with little to no training and of course no extra pay. At one point of my career, I had seven managers in an 18 mo. time period. They kept restructuring and re-naming departments.

Ability to change workplace if desired. Communication between manpower and its clients could be better.

Every temp worker who came into my job had different information on the point system, PTO, and mandatory OT following orientation. The information given to temp workers in orientation was different than the information provided to Manpower’s clients. All in all a good company though. Once you find a good manager who knows what’s going on all things go smoothly. It seems as though the managers have too much on their plate and may need more people hired in their role.

Just a job to get by

Good company, just a job for a weekly paycheck. Not really there too make friends just to survive really. Anyone who needs to get on their feet can work here to pay small bills keep car up keep rent payed it’s enough to take care of yourself weekly. About $500 a week is enough for me I live with my husband an I don’t need allot of money just Peace of mind away from parenting 4 kids all day I use this as a outlet. Great for college students. Parents who can’t work due to lack of sitters reasonable shift Sun-Thursday 11-7:30am is awesome Fridays an sat off is a Plus. Easy work

Pros

Hours

Cons

Pay

Trabajo remoto y equipo corporativo incluido

Good environment, professional team. Training, awards, vacations and even gift cards

Unfairly treated because I got ill

They have no allegiance. I got sick and that was enough to stop working me. Plus I complained of unfair treatment and that was apparently a no no. I know many people who have also been treated unfairly.

Never a dull moment

Working with manpower was a good experience. There's never dull moment & there's always something to do. We had lot of meetings and they have a very precise metric point system.

Pros

Good pay

Great Job to Build Experience

Great job to build experience in every aspect of the HR field. Highly challenging and fast paced. Multi-tasking and time management will be stretched. Prioritizing skill will be built even with the most organized recruiter. Management was supportive but Job description was not what the job was. Recruiter might indicate life cycle recruiting but this position was more like an HR Account Manager covering life cycle recruiting with payroll and employee development while also engaging with current and future clients. The client facing end covered initial meetings and site evaluations prior to activation of the contract. After service began, constant communication required to maintain adequate employee records and to mitigate any disciplinary issues with employees. Recruiter's desk could carry anywhere from 40 to well over 100 employees covering upwards of 15 clients. Work orders are always coming in with hot priority. Management differs from area to area. Training is mainly virtual and needs working to be more effective.

Good to place to work but the management takes a while to respon.

Place offered good pay but no paid days off or any benefits for the job. Just get paid and work, I think McDonalds offers more benefits. But good pay and good jobs they offer.

Fake advertising for job applicants misinformation

The original job listing said & hours 5:50am-2:45pm Monday through Friday but when you get to your job assignment. It was 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. No job /work life balance at all and they force you to do overtime and stay when production goals are met..high turnover rate. Also if injured or sick they still expect you to come in to work, which is ridiculous.

Pros

Free lunch on Saturday

great employee cooperation

i had medical issues, and the management team was very helpful and cooperative with my needed time off to address my medical concerns. They made sure i had all of the help i needed while working in the office, such as special chairs and footstools. etc.

Dead end job

Just another RPO that doesn't care about their employees just getting money from the customer. You'll never go anywhere with this job, don't apply. The only good thing is the ability to work from home.

Remote work opportunities

Great place if you have the discipline to work remotely. The team leader I worked with was excellent and cared about the success of her staff. The company should provide more tools for the staff to source candidates.

Pros

Worked remotely.

Cons

Not given adequate tools to reach goals consistently.

Seems like a decent place to work

Seems like a decent place to work and the pay is a lot better than most places i have worked for.The recruiters are pretty helpful with finding a job that fits you.

Decent position if you need remote work

Decent position if you need remote work. Flexible hours and competitive pay. It’s hard to make any meaningful connections and advance within the company.

All and all good place to work for

I think working for manpower was all in all a good place once you are in. I’m disappointed with the office staff mainly because they don’t call back in timely manner and they take a long time with there new hires. It took 5weeks from the time I interviewed til I started working. I feel it would have been longer if I weren’t so persistent.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Communication

Good place to start for short term roles. I obtained a contractor role through Manpower Group. They facilitated the process and made things run smoothly.

Decent company

I was a recruiter at Manpower for a short time and left due to a poor manager. They hired recruiters on a temp-to-hire basis which combined with the manager meant there was a lot of turn over. This branch moved to Holland, MI and has a different manager.

Mucha carga laboral, poca paga, trabajo estresante.

La paga es muy baja para todo lo que se hace, no vale la pena.

Pros

Puedes generar experiencia

Cons

Salario muy bajose hacen muchas horas extras

Common questions about ManpowerGroup

Answered by current and former employees at ManpowerGroup

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ManpowerGroup. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare ManpowerGroup with

• ManpowerGroup
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?