Mansfield Oil Company Employee Reviews

Organized and set up to work well remotely.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 6, 2018
I loved working with my team because we all worked well together. Our customers were very important to us and we thrived on helping them in any way we could. I managed all our national accounts on daily fueling of petroleum deliveries. I processed all third party billing, and addressed problems for our customer. I learned the ins and outs of successfully working remotely with my team and customers.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mark, ILSeptember 19, 2018
I only worked at Mansfield for 6-7 months and only had to quite because I moved out of state. I loved my boss and co-workers. The building is really small though. 18-20 people in cubicles close together and only one bathroom.
Pros
very nice co-workers, boss is very understanding and helpful, pay is decent, weekends off
Cons
no real training you are just thrown into it, MUST be able to multitask very good, Very fast paced
Review
Commercial Credit & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, gaSeptember 18, 2018
Upper management seemed supportive on the surface, but middle management stymied everything productive and was sure to take credit for positive process improvements.
Owner is a nice guy...
Sr. Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 15, 2018
The owner is a great guy. Too bad his managers aren't. The place has more executives than necessary, way more. Most people there will throw you under the bus to get ahead starting with management.
Pros
Great pay, lots of possibility.
Cons
Environment not worth good pay.
Review
Professional (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 1, 2018
Very Low Bonus' if any , Work Long Hours, Poor Management, executives in denial about serious problems and shield truth from a caring CEO, whitewash, ancient technology and software, back in the 50's culture, people let go without warning creating no trust with anyone..... new hires given promises company cannot keep and does not have...... very high turnover rate...
Pros
Medical Benefits Provided
Cons
Select another company
Productive and Agile
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 15, 2018
People are willing to teach you anything they can to help you in your role here, great sense of teamwork. It can be boring and strict at times not the most fun place. With that being said there is room for advancement and once you get in you can go to just about any department openly
Pros
fluidity, teamwork, productivity
Cons
Benefits, Strict
Impossible workload, but co-workers are great
Billing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2018
Low morale but all-around good people at this company. With a more manageable workload, this could be a great company to work for. Unfortunately there is absolutely no training, you will hit the ground running on day one and there will be no one to hold your hand through the storm. Management can be a problem, but they have processes in place for employees to air their grievances. It doesn't always lead to any substantial changes but it's an old school company in an old school industry trying to adapt to a more modern culture. Good entry-level experience, but very few see any upward mobility, especially in the remote offices.
Pros
Collaborative environment, easy to communicate with all levels of management
Cons
Unmanageable workload, no training, have to rely on others to get your job done
Great work culture and management
Logistics/ Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 4, 2018
Mansfield is a great company for advancement, management is involved and communicates effectively. Involvement in team work is a must, they take pride in hiring only people who are guaranteed to work well with the team.
Worst temp job EVER!!!
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Treat temps horribly. Let go after 3 wks for too many mistakes. 3 days prior told by temp rep feedback was great. Pleased with my work. Very confused.
Pros
Salary was good, had a few free lunches
Cons
Rude, nasty gossip, poor training, open floor-no cubicles, very noisy, old computers & furniture
Mansfield Oil Company Review
INVENTORY ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Great company to work for.They are very understanding and go out of their way help assist the employees in time of need. There is lots of room for advancement within the company.
Great Intern Experience
Credit intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 16, 2018
I had a great summer working at mansfield in the credit quadrant of the company. I was trained well and enjoyed the people I worked with. I actually came by for seasonal work, and I enjoyed it.
i do not care to expalin
Bid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 12, 2017
I do not care to share my work experience. the company is ok, but everyone have their own thoughts about a company and my time there was ok. so im not sure why this has to be a question.
Pros
nice people
Cons
open space
Rude. Cut throat. Mean. Degrading to women.
Follow-up Pre-Invoice Department (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 11, 2017
This was the worst experience of my life. They treated contractors like 2nd class citizens. The people were rude and in clicks. You were micro managed and looked upon as stupid. They promoted morons to supervisor roles. Would not recommend this place if it was the last company to work for in the world.
Pros
Nice breakroom.
Cons
Not enough room here to express. Hateful place.
workplace
Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 3, 2017
The atmosphere is great. The work demand is terrible. There is constantly something extra being asked of you and always after hours work to be done. Only good thing is that they often have work parties to celebrate random events.
Poor
Employee (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 16, 2017
I wasn't able to advance as quickly as I would have liked despite consistent effort and acknowledgement of improvement. I worked within multiple departments and gained a wide range of experience.,
Stressful, Political
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 8, 2017
If you can keep a good attitude and buy into the idea that more work given to you without more pay is a "great opportunity" than this company will be wonderful for you. I got burned out fast from this mentality, at some point you have to pay for additional work given.

Quick advancement due to high turnover, no training provided, and overall stressful environment. Very chaotic!
Good place to get started
Product and Channel Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
Mansfield oil is based out of Gainesville, GA with offices across the Nation. This is a good environment for entry-level people as there is not much room for advancement.
Good People Lousy Management
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 31, 2017
The staff is great, about 80% of the staff are great people to work with. The upper level executives have no clue what their people do, or even what it takes to the staffs jobs.
The company has no loyalty when it comes to staff, and yet they expect the staff to be loyal to the company.
Executive Business and very fast paced
Government Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 25, 2017
My only issue has been with my direct supervisor and his style of teaching and rewarding. I had a death in my family and was basically shunned when I returned to work after taking only the 3 days of grievance pay.
Awesome
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 23, 2017
Awesome Company To work for my management team was the best you could ask for they were very understanding and would say it was my best job experience ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mansfield Oil Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Mansfield Oil Company Reviews by Location