Manteca Unified School District Employee Reviews

Extremely remarkable place to work
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 1, 2018
Get to work with kids and teach them how to read and write. Love working here. The people are very welcoming and ask how yo are doing. Everyone is always smiling.
Senior Year ROP
ROP Nutrition Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 15, 2018
Worked during two class periods, prepping food for snacks/lunch. Cafe supervisor was ok, she would never return calls or follow up. She has since left the school.
Coaching
Freshman Girls Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 31, 2018
typical work day consist of 2-6 hours in the gym (practice/games). fast pace and patience with working with young adults. teaching them the basic fundamentals of basketball as well as personal hygiene and various athletic care.
Pros
games/practice. joy of working with kids
Cons
temporary
loved it
meal prep register operater (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 1, 2018
great work experience, fun atmosphere, provides job related skills for the future. clean organized work area. all hard working dedicated employees. definitely a job you will enjoy on a daily basis
Pros
friendly co workers, get to work with students
Cons
non
Very relaxed place to work
Paraprofessional I (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Fun place to work. Enjoyed working with kids seeing them learn and grow.
The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the kids when the school year ends.
Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how the kids have changed from the first day of school by the end of the school year.
Pros
Like having the summer off
Cons
Would have liked more hours
Excellent
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAOctober 1, 2017
Go in and do the job you signed up for, what else can I say? It was an excellent work environment, I just know that I don't work well with younger grades, but I have to sub where they need me.
not the best but not the worst
Clerical Asst (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great supervisor and manager, experienced, professional and yet down to earth. Great staff to work with. Personnel Dept, not so much, inept, dishonest.
Pros
great staff and managers to work with.
Cons
personnel dept - dishonest, inept
assist the Secretary, Principal (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 11, 2017
Sub Position On Call Part time only A typical day at work. Friendly environment. Nice people but need more hours. I learned new programs on the computer.
Pros
great place
Cons
I want a permanent position
Substitute On Call Yard Duty
School Site Assistant Yard Duty Substitute (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 11, 2017
Typical day was to find out where to report in the school area and go supervise students in the yard. Make sure everyone is safe and all is ok. This is a part time on call position to help out in the school area. Miss seeing and talking to kids.
Pros
flexible, on call basis if I was available
They are a great company to work for especially if you love children and like to drive.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 4, 2017
Fun work place, enjoy working with children. We have potlucks once a month. All the coworkers are friendly.The management team is very nice and helpful when I need their help.
Pros
Management is very nice
Cons
I'm not full time
fun environment
Substitute Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 31, 2017
it was fun going to different schools being a yard duty and interacting with the students and parents.I enjoyed working there. Our main focus is to maintain a safe and friendly environment for the students while on and around school grounds.
Pros
there are alot of breaks
Cons
this job involves alot of walking and sometimes running
Great place to work!
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 11, 2017
MUSD really has it together, and cares about their employees. The district is growing and there is room for advancement. Salary is very reasonable and you truly cannot beat the hours, especially if you have a family or children at home.
Fun and safe environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 14, 2017
Manager was very laid back and easy to talk to. A typical day at work would be assisting a couple of students who need help with their math homework. Very easy.
Terrible management
Digital Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 12, 2017
Terribly disorganized and incompetent management. There is no where to grow within the district, most management positions are held up by lifers who create new positions for themselves to make more money, instead of putting the money into competent staff.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Management, pay
Serious and organized
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 21, 2017
I worked as a tutor through MUSD at Brock Elliott Elementary and it was a good experience for a first job. It is only for and hour or two hours 4 days a week.
Loved it
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 17, 2017
Substitute teaching allows you to choose when you want to work. It pays well, but you do not receive insurance. It is a good job especially when you are fresh out of college.
This is a wonderful district to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  All different school sitesMay 31, 2017
I have been a substitute teacher with Manteca Unified School District for 10 years. I have a a wonder experiences as a day to day substitute as well as a long term substitute on a few occasions.
During my time as a long term sub I was supported by some wonderful mentor teachers that helped me succeed.
Pros
Wonderful mentor teachers
Cons
The budget for pencils and copies was very low
Great experience
Mechanic Intern (Former Employee) –  2271 W. Loise AveApril 13, 2017
A typical day in shop was very calm. Maintain the shop sweep the floor clean up oil. change the oil on the buses, doing complete maintance. I would organize the shelves in the back room.
liked working with the children
SCHOOL SITE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 4, 2017
Work with children, supervising them on the playground. You must have patience and be willing to do some "detective" work to get to the truth in all situations that occur on the playground. I enjoy having the same schedule as my daughter, winter and spring break and summer break. Not having the backing of new administration.
Pros
same schedule as my daughter
Cons
new management is lacking
Great management
Classified Substitute (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work was getting to the office and begin the journal entry, customer service, scanning paperwork of daily attendance, and record keeping.