Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Fund Administration Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2019
Many perks. Great place to work. Enjoyed my boss and the culture. Had an onsight health club which was a real perk. Took good care of their employees.
Excellent work benefits at head office
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 28, 2019
Has on-site cafeteria and Tim Hortons.
Not well suited for internal advancement.
Laptops givem to all employees allowing somewhat flexible work hours, with many employees working remotely.
Great Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2019
Great Place to work.

Great work life balance

Great training

Great opportunities for carrier advancement

Great management

Great career development
Great place to work.
Senior Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Great professional working environment. There are so many opportunities to advance. Management is serious about being a competitive large scale mutual fund company.
Manulife Financial Field Wholesaler
Senior Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 10, 2018
Manulife Financial based in Toronto Canada is the owner of John Hancock Financial in the USA. It is the largest Insurance company in Canada. Its US operations are all branded under the John Hancock name. They have a strong and positive corporate culture and offer many advancement opportunities for their employees with good compensation and benefits.
Pros
Good culture and advancement opportunities
Cons
Can be pressure filled and fast paced.
Great Company to work for
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
Fast pace environment to kept you busy all the time. Excellent team experience and helpful. Company always looking at new technology so made a great place to advance your skill and be introduced to new ideas.
Pros
Ability to grow your skills
Cons
uncertainty
Manulife Financial is a diverse and global enterprise
Senior Managing Director and Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2018
Manulife is a diverse and global financial services company. It had interesting and growing businesses in each part of the world. It was a great place to work with high caliber professionals.
Conservative company
Agency Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 6, 2018
Very good in managing finances and growth. Applies conservative approach in managing finances and operations. Good corporate culture and good sets of values
Pros
Stable
Cons
Slow in digitizing
Organization poised for change
Senior Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
Global organization with many opportunities to advance at junior, mid-management levels. If you are willing to relocate, there are many opportunities to work in Asia or Canada as well.

It is a great company with many bright people working there that want to transform the organization to be more innovative and responsive to the demands within and outside of the industry.

Customers want and expect more, and this company is well positioned with it's management team to offer something very different.
friendly atmosphere and great place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 24, 2018
Pros: It was a wonderful experience to work at the Head Office, people were very friendly and understanding. My responsibilities included setup of Group Health & Dental Insurance plans for big corporations.
Pros
Cons
loaded with extra work from Colleagues.
Great learning opportunity
Senior Travel Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 21, 2018
I learned a lot working at Manulife, particularly how large corporations can run smoothly through professional attitudes. Everyone I worked with was held responsible for their behaviour and treated equally.
Fun and awesome place to work
Level 1 Desk Side Technician (intern) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2018
Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts
Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components
Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop com
Set up equipment for new employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, appropriate software, VPN, and file encryption
Handle onboarding process: image, configure, and deploy new laptops or desktops before the new employee’s first day
Assign RSA tokens to users to enable remote work
As part of a team, support 2000+ Windows-based desktop and laptops
Large Company with competitive salaries
Senior Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Manulife. The train was excellent and I did not feel rushed/stressed learning about annuities. There were plenty of opportunities for employees to move between departments.
Limited growth
Financial Planner and Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  valley pointOctober 22, 2017
There are limited growth as a individual as this is a insurance company and has limited products and services to help clients .On the other hand they have strong management team .
Great work
Medical Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionSeptember 2, 2017
My work schedule here has been the best. It showcased the meaning of a work-life balance idea. Though due to the way the system works, it made me re-think if staying is good. I can understand working overtime, however, for me it just does not make sense that I have to wait 4 hours before I can do my overtime due to the way the system functions. I end my shift at 2pm, but had to do my overtime at 6pm. Instead of already being productive and finishing work earlier, I have to stay and be non-productive for 4 hours before I am allowed to render my overtime.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Overtime work schedule
Manulife is a good company with a diverse workforce and good benefits.
Director - Front Office Integrations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2017
I have worked for the company for more than 10 years and have been through many changes resulting from the growth in business and globalization of business. It has afforded me opportunities to work in different countries and build relationships with people in different areas of the company. The company is striving to build a flexible workplace ( I love being able to work from home once a week) and ensure employees have work/life balance. The latter has been more of a challenge but I attribute this to the nature of my role. The speed and breadth of change has been challenging at times, but it has been rewarding in the end.
Pros
Work from home, benefits, good colleagues
Cons
Can be high-pressured, and communication needs to be improved
Was a great place to work
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2017
Loved working here but the compensation was lacking at the time. I left for more money and future growth opportunities. The grass is not always greener, I wish I'd stayed!!
Operations
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
In office operational and functional responsibilities including vendor oversight, reconciliation, trade flow, project management, research and risk management
Pros
work life balance
Cons
budget and system infrastructure
Busy office with a good environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 22, 2016
Your day consists of: order entry for proposals
Process Retirement Proposals and Fed Ex to Sales Rep. For the most part it was a good environment, busy office.
Pros
the day goes fast
Cons
Some sales Reps had an elite attitude and were rude
Great place to work.
Campus Connect Day Participant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 31, 2016
Positive atmosphere, Innovative technology, work/life balance encouraged, and friendly people. And Manulife/John Hancock does have a rotational program.
Pros
Culture, People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss