MAP Communications Employee Reviews

top notch
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 31, 2019
MAP is a great place to work. It is a growing company with big plans. It's strength is in it's receptionists that answer the phones 24/7 365. I would recommend it anyone now and especially young people for the learning of work ethic.
Not a good place to work unless you are related to staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2019
Horrible place to work if they don't like you employment is not long and staff is very unfair. The staff is very unprofessional and if you're not apart of their little circle u will feel like an outsider.Company does not care about the employees they rather keep people they have problems with instead of keeping someone that's trainable and comes to work everyday They are very unorganized and unsympathetic to their employees it would become a much better place if corporate would step in and change the whole team.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Short breaks made up rules as u go along
Automation expectations
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2019
This company expects you to be able to perform under constant, rapid-fire incoming calls. You are not allowed to make mistakes, or you are given a slap on the wrist, or worse. It seems you are expected to perform like a robot, precise and accurate at all times. Never mind the fact that we are all humans, and therefore deal with life at different paces.
Pros
Getting to talk to people from all walks of life
Cons
Extremely high expectations
Never Ever work here !
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ChesapeakeSeptember 13, 2018
Horrible ! Do not work here unless you are desperate. Customers and clients are trash . They think they can talk to you any kind of way and your only trying to help. The clients are the worst they never answer the phones or respond back to the messages that are given. Most of the calls are scams and soliciting. You have to wait for a break and it is timed. Small break room with roaches and small bugs everywhere in the building. No one is around when you need help .This conpany is the worst i wouldn't work for them nor have them work for me !
Amazing Entry Job Leading to a Career!
Phone Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 3, 2018
I absolutely love working for this company! I have been here since May 2018 and it has been a great experience. I worked at a previous answering service company and the difference is night and day! This company actually cares about its employees. There is an effective training program for new employees, opportunities to grow within the company, great communication between employees and management, great support, great benefits available for full time employees, and great structure within the company. Everyone works well with each other and there is respect for one another, especially for each other’s roles in the company. For once in my life, I actually see myself staying at this job for a very long time & making it my career! I love coming to my job every day and work a lot of overtime because I enjoy being here & being a team player.
Pros
Benefits, training program, support, availability
Cons
Have to work one weekend day
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MD 21801August 20, 2018
Map is a very fast paced environment. This job can be stressful at the peak times which are usually the morning, end of the day and weekends. Map also has an employee stock sharing for employees that have been there for at least 3 years.
Customer Contact at all times
Telephone Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 31, 2018
I liked it but was not paid enough for the work I did. It was overwhelming at times and stressful. Employees got along very well and management was always helpful.
Pros
Free Breaks
Cons
Quotas of taking incoming calls
nice work environment & great staff
Customer Service Agent/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
You must be a person that can provide great customer service. You will always be provided with what you need to do a great job. Great job & benefits!!
Pros
wonderful place to work
Work Experience I Will Carry Forever
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 7, 2018
This is a job that you can certainly make a career out of. I was in college working on my degree while Supervising for MAP. I met remarkable leaders, owners who were hands on, and dealt with critical emergencies. I was trained to communicate effectively, accurately, and to ensure follow thru. I would work here again if I hadn't had another career path in mind. Opportunity for advancement is tremendous.
Pros
Leaders, Building Saftey, Benefits
Cons
Stress Volume, Difficult Clients in emergent state of mind
Steady pay
Customer Service Representative/Operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 29, 2018
Ownership/management changed and there was no fairness to the employee. Bathroom breaks were timed; supervisors were not helpful. Most of them had an attitude when help was needed.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Had to wait for a bathroom break
Nothing like they say they would be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 25, 2018
Everything that was told to us when we first started with map was essentially all talk/a distraction from what would actually happen. No pay raise when advancement happens, overworked & under appreciated!
Pros
Coworkers become friends
Cons
Not enough room (low pay, terrible management, unappreciated, overworked, favoritism...)
Bad hours
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 10, 2018
The company is good overall but the pay is low and hours suck. You have to work one day during the weekend. That is the worst thing. You also work holidays.
it is a opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 8, 2017
Can't complain to much it is a job making a honest income but advancement is rare, raises are rare, 2 30 min breaks, timed restroom breaks. Good opportunity for high school students or people who have just started working.
work
Receptionist/Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 25, 2017
it is very fast paced environment. you get points against you for almost everything you do. if you miss more then an hour of work they automatically take your PTO hours.
Flexible
Remote Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work, flexible schedules, multiple locations is various states, call center experience, yearly reviews and increases, possibility to work remotely
Fun Place to Work
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 29, 2017
Relaxed, casual yet professional environment; on-going training and assistance by managers; opportunities for overtime are abundant during inclement weather, holidays, etc.; the hardest part of the job is satisfying the various needs and interests of a large customer base and their customers
Pros
Staff parties, fun culture, peer and supervisor recognition
Cons
24-hour business which means you could work any hours of the day and night
Easy job but kind of strict
Virtual Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2017
I love the call center enviornment and it's the best job I've had yet. I just wish that there was a little more color on the work floor. It's a boring color scheme .
Pros
Easy
Cons
Set hours
Fast Paced, Simple but Tedious
Specialty Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 3, 2017
Typical work day is face paced, usually 30-60 calls per hour. Strict but very employee oriented. I like to learn but I feel like I've leaned everything there. It doesn't challenge me enough anymore
Pros
face paced
Cons
restricted breaks and limited free time
good job
Facility Maintenance / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 13, 2017
easy going workplace, everyone was very down to earth. Many different schedules so could work there at almost anytime. You will be on the phone if you dont like phone work, not the job for you.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
very redundant work
not a bad job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 6, 2017
the time restraints and point system are somewhat trivial. But a decent job nonetheless. working holidays are mandatory even if falls on your normally scheduled off day
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
point system