MAP Health Management, LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Treatment Center Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 26, 2019
Since I have been with this company I have learned what it is like to work for an employer that actually cares about their employees. The company is structured and holds an entire training department. The culture is positive and supportive. The company is constantly moving forward, growing, and developing, which makes continuous opportunities for the employees.
Pros
good benefits, sufficient break & lunch time, supportive of work/life boundary, excellent communication & transparency
Cons
most positions are remote, so you may have a hard time if you are not computer-savvy
I am a proud MAP employee
PRSS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 25, 2019
I am honored to work for and with a team that cares equally of their mission and the employees that work toward that mission. I know that when I reach out to anyone within MAP that I am working alongside those that are as passionate as I am to help people trying to overcome a substance-use disorder. When I end my day, I know that I can focus on living my life so that I can come into MAP ready to carry out that mission again and again. I'd work in the field regardless so working for MAP is a gift!
Pros
The company, the mission, my teammates and those that I serve
Growing Progressive Company
MCS (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2019
What I can say is I have worked for MAP for over 3 years-- I have been promoted twice and I am encouraged every day to learn something new. MAP is a growing company, which mean change is a common aspect of your work life. Why shouldn't there be change? MAP strives to be efficient and progressive in their approach to the disease of addiction. They encourage everyone to participate in the change, which is why we have an innovation program. They want to develop the employees on staff, which is why we have a Learning and Development department. We encourage a safe and honest work environment, which is why we have a compliance hotline. Don't get me wrong, MAP isn't perfect, but I choose to work at MAP every day because their values and beliefs are in total alignment with what I want in my career.
Poor Management and Business Planning
Peer Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2018
This company was ill prepared for the growth it expected and as a result creates burn-out for employees. The problem is not the constant change, but the punitive damage it creates for the service being provided. The mission is to provide peer support for individuals, and that is not what is offered. The company has become more worried about quantity than quality. Caseloads are overflowing, about 125 people/per Specialist. This company was not prepared for growth and truly doesn’t know peer support. It seems everyone is overworked. Management is punishing employees for their lack of preparation, as they have unrealistic expectations of their employees and workflows change drastically. If you are unable to keep up, management is looking at your shortcomings, instead of looking at how they never prepared their employees for success. I think the idea and mission of this company is great, when they can get organized and know how to run a business, they will flourish a lot better. I’d advise until they are stable and get their act together, stay far away. I’ve seen people let go due to managements and the companies failure to be consistent and clear of their own direction. This company really needs to plan before taking action. But, best way to learn is failure.
Pros
Three weeks vacation time, great company mission on paper
Cons
Health benefits, pay rate, management
Inexperienced leadership and lack of direction
IT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2018
The executive team does not communicate well with the staff and does not provide the strategic guidance needed for the organization to succeed. They are trying to do great things but lack the experience to execute.
great company with scattered direction
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2018
Financially unstable. Sales department wants to load as many “contacts” as possible into the sales funnel but fail to close nearly enough to generate revenue. Leadership staff is less than transparent when discussing the direction and success of the organization so you never really know what’s going on. 1 week the company is doing fantastic and the next week due to budget concerns there are significant lay offs.

Benefits are far out of line with other organizations and downgrade the compensation.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unstable, no raises, lack of transparency, lack of guidance and feedback
Understaffed, Poor Management Communication
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2017
This company acquires clients faster than it can train up staff to handle the workload. The result is frustrated, overworked employees and high employee AND client turnover. We were CONSTANTLY losing clients as fast as we gained them. Management promises things to clients and does not check with appropriate staff to make sure those promises are realistic. Then management covers up/is not honest with the client about why expectations were not met. Management places unrealistic expectations on employees. There are a few good and reasonable people in management, but they too are overwhelmed. Culture was more relaxed when I started, but got stricter and more stifling. Management would chide employees (very stressed and overworked employees) for having brief personal conversations. My co-workers for the most part were great. Benefits were average. PTO was 15 days per year, which was good. But I would not recommend working here at all. This place has SERIOUS issues with setting and meeting realistic expectations for both their employees and their clients. They care more about getting new clients than doing a good job for their existing clients. Oh, and while I was there, I saw several people (not myself) get fired for things that were ABSOLUTELY not their fault and they had no opportunity to defend themselves. To my knowledge, the person responsible for that is no longer with the company, but be careful.
Pros
Good PTO, good co-workers
Cons
Management, unrealistic workloads, poor training
Used to be better
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
When I began to work at MAP, things were different. It changed overall in its culture as well as its company style. Cases used to be handled well, but then there were too many cases and not enough coverage.
Overworked and underpaid
Follow-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Do NOT work here! Their turnover rate is very high. They lie to their clients by saying they are fully staffed! The truth is most all employees are given multiple accounts and expected to have each one at 100%. Employees are ultimately overworked AND in addition underpaid for all their efforts and tasks. Overtime is expected for some yet not allowed for others. Co workers are great and flexibility is offered but doesn't make up for what's lacking.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, management
Great job
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 6, 2017
I've been at this job for 2 weeks now and I haven't had any complaints Yet. When they showed me their operating system, made me feel like was working with stone age software at my last job. Coworkers are cool, supervisors are always willing to help.
Pros
Software is amazing, up to date x10. Nobody messes with while you work
Cons
Softphones
Would rather not
Benefits Investigations Manager & RCM (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2017
Due to my position being eliminated with no warning. I can honestly say that the Company does not stand behind their own mission statement. Which is a form of no integrity.
Pros
Very Felxible
Cons
Not honest
Great advancement
MAP Sales and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work to get experience in SaaS software. Management is good, but needs some work on being transparent. Hardest part of the job was work life balance.