Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

very stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2018
management wasn't very fair at all. long days. coming in early having to stay late when cashiers didn't show up. having to work both store and kitchen side with pay raise.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no breaks
Great Company
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 6, 2018
I was promoted to customer service leader in 2 weeks of being hired. The manager and district manager was great! The pay was great. The training was good and they were patient while you were learning. Coworkers were great. They were willing to help with anything. Overall this is a great company to work for.
Pros
management, pay, coworkers, reward program
Cons
Good work environment and helpful management
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 4, 2018
Morning shifts are very busy. Probably the busiest part of the day. I believe there should be more employees between 6 - 9am. As a deli associate it would be helpful to have 2 employees to help keep up the the volume of customers weekday mornings. Sometimes running the register and keeping up with the breakfast sandwiches is quite a struggle.
Hated it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNSeptember 29, 2018
Let’s just start off with this, you are literally by yourself the whole time. If your a girl, you literally get hit on by every guy that comes in. You feel unsafe and have no way to protect yourself. Honestly hates how long I stayed. Although there were customers that were very nice.
Pros
Some nice customers
Cons
By yourself, no lunch, no breaks
Awesome place to work!
Deli (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 28, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. It is an awesome place to work! The Store Manager is a really great guy to work with. I worked in the Deli part of the store and greatly enjoyed assisting and preparing food for customers. I also helped out at the register area when I was able to. The hardest part of the job was when I had to quit and relocate to Las Vegas, NV for family reasons.
Professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 21, 2018
It was a fast paced place to work and you had to be on your toes all the time there because of drive offs but I loved my manager and the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
No breaks
Work hard for little money
Store Attendant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Working at Mapco Express was very stressful. The pay is not good and there were no benefits offered.The management and workers is what made the job worth it.
Poor customer service.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant View, TNSeptember 16, 2018
When I started working at Mapco it was a good company to work for and upper management was there to help you. I learned a great deal about the operations of a convenience store. When the company was sold in 2011 it seemed they were no longer interested in customer service.
Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2018
I will never work here again. This place is inconsiderate and they don't care about their employees. it is very unsafe at a lot of the locations and they want hire security.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Opening store, counting registers down, ordering, putting truck orders up, counting deposits, and inventory, doing cigarette counts, and taking money to the bank.
Pros
meeting different people
benefits
i loved working here
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEADER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
this place was amazing. one of my all time favorite places I have worked at. if I didn't have to move then I would still be there. all of the staff and management were so kind and caring for each other. the customers were also very kind.
Not the best c-store to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALSeptember 7, 2018
I worked 3rd shift at various locations, depending on where you are it ranges from mid pace to slow to absolutely dead; if you're not fond of boredom don't take 3rd. They almost all have wi-fi so you can at least mess with your phone without using data.

Managers range from great to awful, particularly at the store in Collinsville I was kept an hour after my shift was due to end sometimes due to the manager taking several smoke breaks between their morning tasks.

They completely ignore all grievances from employees. I was issued a single uniform, kept asking for new ones for the whole 5 months I worked there, they said they'd look into it but they never did. Something went wrong with my direct deposit, and they didn't give me a chance to fix it, just sent me paper checks. Including one that got lost in the mail that they never reissued.

Also, don't expect to work where you applied. You'll apply and interview at one place, then they send you somewhere else, and after that they just jerk you around. I was supposed to work at a store right near my house; it was one of the reasons I got on even, but then after a month or so they kept sending me whole towns away and my gas bill couldn't take it.
Pros
Easy to learn system, rather okay pay
Cons
No consistency in anything.
Watch yourself
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2018
As a former manager the hours were long they would tell you not to work them but you'd have no one else there the people that request to work there do nothing always on their phones conditions of the stores are bad they put all this money into making them all look good but the staffs do not take care of the stores coolers are empty disgusting and empty in most. as soon as I left my store it looked like a store whos DM put in a unqualified untrained person in my position. but while I was there it was very nice and clean customers were coming in sales way up service was great. There is no support and the manager traing is out of date and sad. You are trained by other managers that dont care. The CEO is trying but the DMs and RMs act like its the store levels fault but when a manager fires a person for not compling or cussing you in front of a store full of people and they just transfer the person out to be a problem there then its not ok. Again no support
Pros
You more or less worked it for yourself
Cons
They dont appreciate and theres no support
I loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ALAugust 29, 2018
I wish i had never left! My manager was an amazing rolemodel and made sure all her employees were well taken care of she is the best manager ive ever had!
great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work.
Great managment.
Long hours.
Very fast paced.
Have to be a team player.
Customer service.
Money managment.
Dealing with homeless.
equal opportunity employer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 28, 2018
Productive, Fast pace, and friendly work enviroment
Consistent scheduling
Great Benefits
Equal Opportunity employer
Opportunity for advancement
High turn over rate

Was a fun enviroment to work in. Friendly customers. Variety of responsibilites kept the job interesting. Worse part of the job was stocking to coolers, and unruly customers.
Pros
consistent
Cons
high turnover
great customers
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 21, 2018
its a very good job to work for had no real issues with the job except the pay for the staff could not keep people and its just I have limitations now that my mom has gotten sick
quick paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working here because it was quick-paced and steady. I enjoyed interacting with customers and people from my community. I also learnt how to quickly assist customers and handle money.
Productive with life lessons
Associate (Former Employee) –  Disputant, VaAugust 13, 2018
My first job was Mapco Express. Mapco was a gas station/ restaurant. I had applied to work at Subway at Mapco. I felt welcome there , the friendly smiles and greetings that i experienced . The employees were so caring and helpful. Unfortunatly , a few days later i resigned from the job. I learned a few things while working at mapco. I learned to never give up on yourself and to have confidence. The hardest part was the computer training work. I enjoyed very much , meeting different was fun to me.
Pros
Friendly greetings
Cons
long hours of work
staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAAugust 10, 2018
The high up employees needs to know what and where the lower employess come from and what a stuggle it is to keep going when you have no one to help you. They make you fell like you are doing something wrong and they want help you fix it. There are some people that are great at their job but then there are some that need to be let go
Pros
no help at all
Cons
the people that the stores that you work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight