Mapco Mart
62Average

Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

United States709 reviews
Pretty decent company to work for
Overall not a bad company to work for. Pay isn't that great unless you're in management. It also depends on location. Manager's will work with you for scheduling. They are making a lot of improvements to the company.
Horrible place to work.
I worked here for a few months as an assistant manager and had to quit. There is no work life balance, your schedules are all over the place. If you're not a store manager or higher up the company doesn't care about you. No scheduled breaks, long shifts. The work load is impossible and if you don't do everything on the ridiculously long task list then you're "lazy and not doing your job " even though a lot of times you're there by yourself and it's a very busy store. The current store manager will talk bad about you if he's not sexually harassing you. Worst job I've ever had. Also don't look for work accommodations based on a disability because they do not care. The new manager constantly acts like he's so stressed or mad while not actually doing anything besides paperwork in the office while everyone else is actually working. Please for the love of God, find somewhere else to work.
Pros
The customers and vendors.
Cons
The entire job.
Nice people, some to much personal time on their phones
Needing help from management with customer service and management on personal phone calls . Loved working with the public and my other teammates... we worked great together.
I liked it at first
When I first started, all was good. Then had a few instances but that will be everywhere. I felt like I was treated unfairly. It definitely opened my eyes when they refused to give me time off for my father's death. So. That was my experience. Otherwise easy job
Great Place to work
I love my job at Mapco. My DM is the best and I have great people at my store and the district. I have learn so much. love our customers, they drive me crazy sometimes.
Pros
Lot to learn
Cons
long hrs, work/family balance
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Horrible Experience
Our area changed District Managers 3x in one year. Upper management was horrible. Have no support and no hours for payroll. At one point, I was running two stores (not by choice after I was transferred from my fully functioning location to one that was falling apart). At that time, I didn’t have a day off for four months straight. They put a bandaid on everything. I had a flood, literally a pool of standing water in my office for over a month. I could go on and on.
I wish i was able to go back
I wish that I was able to work at another location which is on Airways & Winchester Rd. Memphis, Tn. I put in application online but she said they wasn't able to confirm that i can work at that location. That was sad to hear
Outstanding
The job is a very great job my manager is the best and we are a great team he has chosen. He is very understanding and a loyal manager to be under he has a great sense of humor and takes his job very serious.
Oblivious to the real issues!!!
They don't care about the employees that actually WORK! The ones that slack off and do nothing are the ones that get away with everything! They wonder why turnover is so high. Look at who they have as SMs.
mapco
Nice company need better employees. the work environment is nice though. I like going to work but i like working by myself more , gives me a chance to focus on everything i have to accomplish.
Loved my job
Absolutely loved being a cashier and all my customers very friendly and understanding business and I would love to work there again anyday I give a big A+
Pros
Enjoying your job
Not the best place
Most work goes unnoticed, the customers belittle you and you can't do anything about, manager is a push over, all around bad place, worked there for over a year with only one raise, and it was a 25 cent raise.
Very little assistance from management
Management does not put any emphasis on employee retention. Many promises are made, few are kept. Management only seems to be interested in advancing stock price.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Health insurance is excessive and vacation time is hard to come by.
It was alright
Nothing really stands out. I loved working here just some of the co workers really didn’t do there jobs right at all and I get left cleaning up after them.
Wonderful company for customer service
I was hired directly through the website. I also moved out of town to a bigger mapco for a while. It was extremely fun, customers very amazing and friendly.
Great job to work at
I love the people i work with and i love the money i make making customers happy and putting smiles on their faces make it the best. Coworkers give advise and tips.
I hated it
I was only there while I finished my associate's degree. I'm in grad school now for clinical psychology and it was the best motivation to do better for myself. If you have the option to do better, take it and run.
Love being humble
Greeting customer as they come threw the door asking them how was their day letting them know about any sales that we have .If it’s a regular let them know I have seen you n a while is everything okay letting them know tht I acknowledge their presents
Terrible store manager
Micro management. District Manager plays favorites. Store manager will take credit for your work. Store manager will have you clean up after them. Store manager is nice person in your face but is pretty, shady and will call you stupid and incompetent to the district manager. Do not apply to store #5219.
Summary of my store
I learn how to. Do more customer service and work the cashier and react more with different people when they come into my store and i learn how to work the cashier and i had to do different tasks far ask keeping up. The store far ask stocking and. Clean the public restrooms and working my counter.
Okay environment
Working here was fun and exciting. Loved having a loving environment to wor in. If not for moving would've continud wring there. Was very exciti BFF loved my custommers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight