Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

Productive with life lessons
Associate (Former Employee) –  Disputant, VaAugust 13, 2018
My first job was Mapco Express. Mapco was a gas station/ restaurant. I had applied to work at Subway at Mapco. I felt welcome there , the friendly smiles and greetings that i experienced . The employees were so caring and helpful. Unfortunatly , a few days later i resigned from the job. I learned a few things while working at mapco. I learned to never give up on yourself and to have confidence. The hardest part was the computer training work. I enjoyed very much , meeting different was fun to me.
Pros
Friendly greetings
Cons
long hours of work
staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAAugust 10, 2018
The high up employees needs to know what and where the lower employess come from and what a stuggle it is to keep going when you have no one to help you. They make you fell like you are doing something wrong and they want help you fix it. There are some people that are great at their job but then there are some that need to be let go
Pros
no help at all
Cons
the people that the stores that you work with
Grave yard shift is painful
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 7, 2018
Working graveyard is very painful, not just on your body but on your soul and self-esteem with people constantly trying to make you break the rules, while I was there for the year they went through 4 managers two of which quit without notice, they worked one person at night and expected you to stock when no one else was there to mind the front, you get one can up and you have to go back to the register
Pros
Cons
Being alone all night being tasked with everything
Offers discounts and awards to employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, ALAugust 6, 2018
Fun environment to work in. You build a friendly relationship with the customers that come in regularly. Employees are nice and everyone works hard to get things done.
no longer in business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 2, 2018
This was a local chain of convenience stores. I started as a cashier and was promoted to asst. manager very quickly. I was training for a store manager position when I had a family emergency and had to move.
Pros
flexible hours
not a good experience
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 1, 2018
They expect way to much from one person, they don't give raises when due. After 5 years, I didn't even make one dollar more than when I started. Upper management is rude.
N/a
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2018
Better organization not the Delek Corp. is out of the way and COPEC is running the company. Great things are happen at the corporate and store level. Advancement opportunities are real, but the company can do a lot better to create work life balance for it's managers.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springville, ALJuly 31, 2018
I love Mapco and want to go back, surprisingly. Its less than 5 minutes from home and my babies school. They definitely dont pay enough for the amount of work and effort i put forth, on a daily.. But enjoying what you do and loving your everyday customers like family, replaces all of the monetary issues and makes me love and miss what i did there. I felt as if i made a difference in the workplace.
Getting Worse Since Buyout
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 30, 2018
As with any chain business, your experience will vary depending on your Store Manager. But the company has gotten worse since being bought out. Tons of pressure from corporate to run with as few employees, as few hours, and as low of compensation as possible. Lots of sudden terminations across the board on corporate and store levels. The ones who are promoted are the ones that give the least amount of pushback towards district/regional managers and corporate. So it's getting harder and harder to find a Store Manager that will stand up for and take care of their employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor treatment of employees
Fun Environment to Work At
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 27, 2018
It is a very fast-paced environment. The system would shut down or crash sometimes, but it would not be down for long. It was also a very family friendly environment.
Not a bad place, just some biased leadership.
G.M (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 26, 2018
The Company as a whole is pretty good. There is NO pay raises for hourly team members. Don't believe them if they say they do! Only the Corporate HR dept. can give raises or terminate employees. Due to lowest wages in area, you get mostly employees that no one else wants. Then they expect these type people to work above the norm for the position and expect management to work 60-70 hrs. a week to cover the gaps.
Pros
charges $4.50 a week for the drink program and use own cups
Cons
charges $4.50 a week for the drink program and use own cups
Busy
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 26, 2018
Systems that are not integrated and poor communication cause double and triple work. Seems like I am running on a treadmill sometimes. There are a ton of great people working here!
Pros
Great people in all departments
Cons
Work/life balance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 24, 2018
Great company to work for.
Well organised.it is very fast paced and there are times when you were by your self at some of the busiest times but it is Al all around good company.
typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2018
i just went to work with no problems. really have nothing to say about this job. but have to have a minimum of 150 characters. i did my job and went home
Major Change
Fuel Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 23, 2018
When the company was owned by Delek Holdings, we had a great job culture and atmosphere. A lot of overtime was required, but it would balance itself by month end.

Once the company was sold to Copec, what started out as a great opportunity for the company as a whole, changed after about a year.

Promises made were not kept. Overtime was required. Positions would open, but a job wasn't posted.

I would still be working for the company had it not changed as it had.
Pros
Culture, Small Company
Cons
Overtime, Lack of training, poor management
No separation of job/family
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2018
It would be a great job for those starting out that do not have kids but I do not recommend staying. The best part of the job are the customer's that make it worthwhile.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No lunch breaks
Upper management needs to be reviewed
Restaurant/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 19, 2018
Much like any other gas station/market, it can be very stressful at times and is always a fast-paced environment. But you definitely gain some good face to face customer experience and in my time there I learned a lot about the gas pumps.
Pros
If you are a manager you get a little extra discount on gas.
Cons
Working alone in a high-volume store (impossible to get a bathroom break, much less a lunch break), arrogant supervisors, high turn-over rate and always under staffed.
Overworked and Underappreciated
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 19, 2018
Mapco truly believes that thier employees should put the job above all things in your life. Employees consistently work 11-14 days straight with most of those being double shifts.
Cons
No Work Life Balance
Busy but fun job getting to know your customers
Cashier / Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJuly 3, 2018
I worked Midnight shift and did all the cleaning, stocking, plus waiting on/ringing up Customers. Daily lottery and cash register count before and after shift, daily balance sheet
Pros
Some free times, break when no customers and all things done
Cons
Low pay, part time, no benefits
MAPCO had great people to work with.
Cashier and Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed "running" the station alone. I enjoyed the freedom of handling each situation with all the different personalities my customers brought. I enjoyed building a faithful group of customers who came by regularly.
Pros
Freedom without someone watching ove ryour shoulder.
Cons
I closed alone late at night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight