Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

Hard place to work
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSMay 29, 2018
My typical start out rough becuase I am coming in the early morning. Once people start coming in and out there is no break, when you are the only cashier. I did not ask to be the only cashier there. And everyday customer gave heat cuase I was going slow.
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Being the only cashier / no breaks
My time at Mapco
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 24, 2018
The job is mostly prepping food at serving customers. While working in the deli, you are alone putting all prep on you. If you get even a minute of overtime, the management treats it like a crime.
Cons
No benefits, stressful, no PTO.
Somewhat Stressful Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 20, 2018
The job can be pretty stressful at times, I currently work here and we are almost a skeleton crew which doesn't help with the work life/ personal life flexibility. The pay is weekly and a moderately fair rate which is nice, but personally the job isn't worth the money.
Courteous, quick, helpful, clean, and smart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed the job. I rarely took off from work. The people that I worked with were respectful. We all worked together when it was very important. I came in on my off days quite a bit. When the store I worked at closed, there was a position given to me at a neighboring store. No questions asked. Management changed during my employment there.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Corruption
Mapco
Mentor Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 7, 2018
Being a manager for Mapco is what you make of it, you are given all the tools to succeed but you are held responsible to use those tool properly. That can mean that you can have months where things go very well but when you are dealt with staffing issues it can be hard to handle because labor budgets are very low.
nice environment
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2018
: I supervised 15 employees, directing operations of a high-volume convenience store. I coordinated all personnel scheduling, inventory record keeping and control, financial/record keeping, coaching and employee training alone with keeping measurement of gas supply. I established programs to increase profits as well as keeping good a relationship with upper management
Pros
nice environment
Cons
good company, tons of changes, bad work life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2018
work 7 days a week. no day off unless you have a CSL, which are hard to come by. finding and retaining good help is tough with the starting pay. the market leadership is good but not a lot of home office support due to all the changes
Pros
gas savings
Cons
work/life balance
Great Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALMay 3, 2018
Great job and great pay rate, loved working there. Supervisor wasn't the greatest but look forward to each day. the people and others there were great
Good place to grow
Director of Operations & Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 2, 2018
MAPCO has provided a great place to learn new skill and advance my career. The company plans to expand and grow over the next several years. New parent organization focused on fixing and upgrading assets.
nice employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAMay 1, 2018
always a friendly work environment. the management was nice. sometimes customers were rude but that's typical anywhere. Always having to stay on your toes. A very fast pace environment.

Want to know more about Mapco Mart?

Ask a question
Great work life balance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 30, 2018
They are very flexible, if you have a family or need flexibility this is a great place to be. They are caring and want to make sure you are ok. Not alot of room for advancement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 29, 2018
My review of mapco would be, that’s it’s a fun fast paced work place. I recommend mapco to everybody. The management and co workers were awesome. I made a lot of friends at Mapco Mart.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Uncooperative Work Place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2018
It was good at 1st but the manager from last year quit.
They hired a 2nd the store fell apart (literally) as well as the store rating, it dropped. And they dropped the new manager in 2018 only after a month. The 2nd new manager seemed reasonable but too aggressive, they didn't know what they want and still don't.
Pros
Free soft drinks around happy hour
Cons
No breaks, overworked, mistreatment, several fellow employees are uncooperative, the place is always a mess.
good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 26, 2018
Good folks to work with. and for. Everyone I worked with and would see, while I was doing my job, was friendly and was easy to talk with. I would say the most difficult part of the job was dealing with traffic. But at the end of the day, I felt like I have done a good job supplying a good product that everyone needs for their everyday life.
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
traffic
nothing bad but nothing good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2018
I don't really have to much to say about working there it was alright that's about all I can say. I wouldn't make it a life time career or anything it just a okay job to work until you find something better
It was a fun place to work. I meet a lot of new people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Talladega AlApril 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working at the gas station. I never had problems with the manager or the employees. I wish I could get more hours but the only had part time work at the time.That job was a good experience also.i
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Yes 3 breaks depending on hours and they provided health insurance
Worst place ever
Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2018
Managers are lazy and their employees.Dont clean up or stock....If someone called in they didnt check with you to see if u can stay over once your shift is over,they make you stay and Managers ignore your calls so they won't have to work that shift...Managers are rudes...They take so long hiring new people
Pros
Cons
Lazy Co Workers
Up and coming
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 16, 2018
I began my employment at a time when new ownership took over. The previous ownership ran their stores into the ground without any upkeep or repairs. The new ownership has committed to making the stores nicer and more guest friendly. The changes are noticeable, even in the short time I have been with the company.
Pros
The company is definitely going in the right direction
Cons
staffing issues
We have fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN 38305April 15, 2018
It could be better they have worked with since I been sick. But things could be better. Need more money and hours. But just trying to work with until find else to go with it or something else
Good temporary job
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 11, 2018
Management is fair, a lot of turnover. Working with low number of employees leads to relatively inflexible schedule. You will, however always get hours. The job is what you make of it. Very limited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
simple job
Cons
leaving is reliant on next shift being on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight