Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

horrible work invironment
KKC Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2019
would not work there again. a friend recommended I work there and thought I would like it. over worked, under paid, and no air conditioning. I worked in the KKC and the kitchen was improperly ventilated. Found some out of date chicken and the manager at the time told me to "wash it".
Pros
nothing i can speak of
Cons
no breaks no healthcare
Crew (employee)
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GAJanuary 14, 2019
Job sucks they expect you to run the entire store and force you to work 2 maybe ever 3 shifts back to back because of call outs complete b's place to work
Hard work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2019
Not enough pay for the dangers. you work 36 hours and no help but then you help gets sent to anther location while you suffer. but then you do anything slight you are termed
productive and fast paced
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, ALJanuary 8, 2019
worked for friendly people. can learn to move up. hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. all the different people you meet. fast paced so made the night go by fast
Mapco
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 3, 2019
Mapco is a nice place to work as with every company there are issues working long days and different shifts comes with being a store manager. If you get a good staff you are great but the budget doesn't always allow you to.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No help
scary
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2019
the need security at these kinda places ,long weird flexible like hours,i was robbed twice and they kept only one worker in the store which wasnt right
Promotions,and pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I know someone who has worked at the mapco for ten years and is only the assistant manager and just makes barely tem dollars an hour. It is very difficult to get a promotion or a pay increase.
Not so great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lenlock, ALDecember 28, 2018
They would be a great place to work if they care more about the people that work for them and being more understanding and have better management then what they have
A job I will NEVER go back to
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 25, 2018
The ONLY thing I liked about this job was that it worked with my schedule. I worked here for almost 2 years, & I NEVER got a raise. NEW employees was coming in making MORE than me doing the exact same thing. They expect you to stay on the register the ENTIRE shift with NO breaks while "managers" sit in the office their entire shift & do absolutely nothing! Mostly the entire crew is lazy!
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
Lazy "managers", low pay (NO raises), no career advancements
Working as a customer service representative
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 17, 2018
It's a decent place to work but you have to have patience and great customer service to deal with the public. It's not the best job in the world but it's a starter.
Stressful
Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSDecember 16, 2018
Stressful to say the least. The pay isn't enough and employees aren't treated well. Management doesn't speak to their employees with respect but they demand respect.
Don't expect a living wage
Customer service leader (Current Employee) –  Sparta, TNDecember 12, 2018
I loved my customers and co-workers, but don't expect any benefits or raise or compensated for the work they expect. You're fully expected to be perfect at $8 an hour
Pros
Employee discount is cool
Cons
No benefits
I enjoyed my co workers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 12, 2018
Good work environment but the pay wasnt that good I worked there three years and never recievied a raise till then end and after my raise my hours where dropped to less than ten per week.
Store had no security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2018
Store had very little security.Empioyees was not payed enough hrly.
No lunch breaks.No rasies.Need more help in stores.Need more security at the store.
Fast paced, productive, tedious
cashier/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 3, 2018
A typical work day consists of a numerous amount of customers. I've learned to handle situations regarding technical as well as human errors. Management could do a better job at backing their employees in the event of hostile customers. The employees could be trained a little better before being thrown on a register with little assistance. The hardest part of the job was just being able to multitask dealing with customers as well as keeping the appearance of the store up to standards....especially during peak times. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all of the customers and establishing relationships with them through daily contact and service.
Pros
flexibility in hours, discounts, insurance
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Productive and very busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alexander City, ALNovember 26, 2018
Not too bad of a place to work. It's very busy. The only breaks you get is between customers. You have plenty to do if the customers slow down. If you are not management the hours suck.
Pros
Pay 4.50 a week for unlimited fountain drinks while on the clock
Cons
No breaks unless there are no customers
low pay, no training
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GANovember 17, 2018
The job/duties were typical for any convenient store. Management was terrible, couldn't keep any employees due to lack of proper training. The hourly pay was way too low for anyone to actually survive on.
Pros
double rewards points, discounts on certain items
Cons
low hourly pay
Hard work with no appreciation
Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALNovember 16, 2018
The customers are pretty great. There is some stress in that since I've worked there at least 6 people have quit without notice. The manager expects us to work thru it, but doesn't pull her weight.
Pros
One works alone.
Cons
No breaks.
Fun ,public relations
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rainsville, ALNovember 8, 2018
No recognize for the work you do, you have time lines you are to go buy and sometimes things happen for no reason.I do a lot of customer satisfaction and try to give my customer the best discounts I can.
Pros
Drink program
Cons
No breaks
Basic Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNOctober 26, 2018
First job ever, looking back on it, still glad I never continued working there. As I worked there, you worked on your breaks and you had no lunch. If you were to have "lunch" it was in the storage area off camera, away from the cash register but to where you can see if a customer is waiting, the managers said. Even when I organized the cooler to have none of the drink containers on the floor, I was scolded for not keeping Cola or Pepsi products together, when that was never taught. I was taught the health risks though and how many other things that were in violation but over looked. The job was simple enough, but the amount of drug addicts that come in and sexual assault a female co-worker went through, was not worth working there. At least the police stopped by daily to get a cup of coffee every now and then.
Pros
Minimum wage paycheck (7.25)
Cons
No breaks, No safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight