MAPEI Corporation Employee Reviews

Very challenging environment with many opportunities
Commercial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2018
On any given day, I could usually set my schedule and sales calls were typically up to me and how I saw fit. I learned various new aspects of the cement industry as they related to the tile and stone business. Management for the most part was good, except for my immediate manager. Upon my leaving, my immediate manager shortly after was released. The culture was good and felt very supportive. The hardest part was working with architects to secure the company products on new projects as I was new to working that side of the industry. The most enjoyable aspect of my position was that I was able to meet new people from various part of the U.S. and world.
Pros
travel, commission, expense account, per diem pay
Cons
could at times interfere with family life
great benefits
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92407July 16, 2018
good benefits but low chances of moving forward. spent 10 as a regular employee because is a small company and people with no desire to leave. but other than that ok i guess.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no future
Deceptive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, IL 60185July 9, 2018
Actual mandatory work schedule (6-day work week) not disclosed at point of hire. New hires only told there would be "occasional opportunities" for overtime on Saturdays.

Long-term employees disregarded SOPs that management instructed to new hires.
In that place , I realized that many senior leaders manage things.
Process Operator II (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
The company is good in pay and benefit for all level worker and they also have over work time schedule almost in whole year so this workplace is suit for workaholics who wants to made more and more money.
Pros
good benefit and good pay
Cons
the environment is not good for health
Ok pay,
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 2, 2018
It’s an ok place to begin working at. Management sucks it seems the only way you will advance is if you’re cool with the Bosses. If you’re not a favorite then you will always be stuck at the bottom.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
MACHINE OPERATOR - Compounder Machine (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 24, 2018
Lag of leaders ship but a good place to work lots over time but a hot place and dirty dusty if you like to get dirty and nasty this is a place for u if u dont like to get dirty is not a place for u
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
No breaks
different
Contractor (Former Employee) –  South River, NJMay 7, 2018
This job was a bit different from all the jobs, It was hard and a lot of heavy items but overall it was a good experience. This job helped me with a lot of knowledge about tools to cement
they let people go less than every 90 days
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  MapeiApril 4, 2018
cannot keep people in customer service. The employees text eachother about one another. The manager doesn't train you. They tell you that you are doing a great job, and then before your probationary period tell you to pack your stuff and go. . The most humiliating experience in my life.
April 9, 2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience working at MAPEI. I would recommend reaching out to us directly at hr@mapei.com so that we can investigate this further.

MAPEI has a lot of opportunities for people to grow their career with us. We try to provide feedback to everyone on a consistent basis; especially to new employees.

Great company to work
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 25, 2018
Great company but sadly the last two years management has been the worst I ever experienced specially in Fort Lauderdale warehouse. They don't listen to employees on the warehouse and their work ethic does not exist at all. They don't know how to operate such a great company making drivers wait for more than 3 hours after they scheduled the trucks themselves to pick up orders. Then force the employees to work overtime including weekends to compensate for their errors and lack of knowledge to be able to complete all the orders entered for the week at expense of the company.
benefits
Cons
management and HR
Great Place to Work
Architectural Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2018
Aggressive growth goals, team oriented, high compensation, flexible hours, territory responsibility, great competent people, family atmosphere, hires from within

Want to know more about MAPEI Corporation?

Ask a question
Mapei (usa) r & d
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Centrally planned research, approved by R & D HQ in Milan, Italy. Well organized and follows ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and other ISO principals. ISO certified at all locations world-wide.
Pros
Excellent analytical lab staff
Cons
Rigid controls. Not for entrepreneurial type (e.g. Branson).
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
It’s a good inviorement, wages are very competitive compared to other companies Around West Chicago.
Managers are fairly, we do get reimburse for steel toe shoes once a year.
Benefits are great, 17 pro first year, 8 holidays , medical ppo bcbs, short term and long term desability, 401k and life insurance.
Benefits
Cons
Over time
i work on the place for more then 10 years
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 31, 2018
i work for 10 with mapei .ido shipping pulling orders scanig and also load and unload trucks. i drive sit down and stand up forklift also work for 3 years on receiving

Pros
sametimes food
Cons
short breakes
No longer a great place to work
Process Worker (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2018
This company bought an existing business and it struggled along with good people in spite of mapei. Now those people are gone and they've been replaced with poor managers that can't run the place and treat us like a number. I could not recommend this company to someone from Dalton. Go to Shaw or Mohawk and learn all you can about your job. I wouldn't have seen these reviews if I wasn't on this site looking for a better position.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate out of touch with on the ground reality
April 9, 2018

I am sorry to hear that you feel MAPEI has changed in a negative way.

MAPEI is going through tremendous growth. With growth, comes growing pains. We're expanding into new markets and growing organically and inorganically (via acquisitions). We're constantly hunting for top talent to join our growing team. I've learned that not everyone may be susceptible to adapting to change. I am not stating this is the case in your scenario but I'd like to learn more.

Please reach out to us at hr@mapei.com.

The job is in a great area.
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 26, 2018
The job is in a great area and is right off the highway which makes it's very convenient to commute. It's a great job however they are not background friendly.
Pros
commute easy
Cons
They go through a temp before getting hired permanently.
Not a bad place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South River, NJJanuary 22, 2018
I was hired from an outside company to work for Mapei as a temp. I was there for almost two months and after Halloween I was let go. I don't hold any gripes, but the kind of work and $300 dollars a week to me wasn't worth it.
Hard but fair work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 31, 2017
The work was hard but the people were fairly relaxed. Being a temp worker means you don't get too many perks however. I liked the majority of the people.
Poor Leadership
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 26, 2017
Poor Management - great people but don't stay due to poor management of leadership - no incentive for advancement. Goals are set so high so employees can't achieve them and get their bonus.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
long hours, poor management
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel the management was not adequate.

I'm a bit surprised to hear about no incentive for advancement. We have competitive wages and offer performance and annual merit increases as well as increases for promotion. MAPEI is also on the fast track to have IDP (individual development plans) setup for all of our employees so that we can understand their personal and career goals and help them get there.

We'd love to hear more from you, feel free to reach out to hr@mapei.com.

No review
R&D (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 25, 2017
I don't like to review companies
Family company private. Depends on the department you wk the experience is different. Multicultural environment benefits are acceptable
Italian based company who clearly don't understand American laws
Process operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 4, 2017
Job is horrible as well as management please reconsider unless you very much like being belittled on a daily basis. Typical day made batches of epoxy while being micromanaged all day with people getting in your way making you mess up on a batch because they can't keep there hands off your devices.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything in your worst nightmare
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience at MAPEI.

As you may know, MAPEI is experiencing rapid growth. With our growth, we are focusing on becoming one of the best organizations as it relates to our culture and working environment. The experiences you've shared are not within the MAPEI norm and we'd like to rectify these issues.

Please reach out to hr@mapei.com so that we can properly investigate this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAPEI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.