MAPFRE Insurance Employee Reviews

Good company, good benefits, lacks management.
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 7, 2018
It’s a great company, but management needs improvement. Good benefits. Paid time off is great! Their work place needs improvement (very small work area). Strongly goal oriented. Guidelines are constantly changing.
Pros
Vacation time, benefits kick in right away, school reimbursement.
Cons
Management, marketing material
Decent company to work for
Billing Rep II (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAAugust 5, 2018
Great benefits and training. Management was very hands on and let us proceed in the position as we felt comfortable. I enjoyed assisting customers with questions and issues regarding their account.
Stressful and Quick Paced
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 18, 2018
A typical day is logging into your phone exactly when you are scheduled and being available to phone calls whenever you are available. Take about 80 Billings calls or 30 Claims calls a day. You are limited to personal time throughout the day, so you must plan it. The hardest part was never having a break throughout the day other than lunch time because the phones are constantly ringing. I learned so much about time management and organization.
Pros
20 PTO Days
Cons
PTO days and Sick days are in the same pool
Love working here
CLAIMS ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 25, 2018
I've had a great experience working at MAPFRE. I love my team members and the management staff. I'm paid well for what I do. I've learned many skills that I will take with me the rest of my career.
Good Client
Java Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 10, 2018
Mapfre is a good client and very flexible to work. We were following agile method and proper sprints. Workplace culture is really friendly. Most enjoyable part is client demos.
Great work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 24, 2018
Amazing work life balance
Great supervisors and coworkers
When you needed help someone was always there
Hr was very understanding
Work overload
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 12, 2018
Work piles up and systems needed go down quiet a bit and when they do work they are very slow which hinders productivity. Some managers are very nice yet unexpected time off is handled very harshly
The Ambiance is all up to you
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
Poor setting no advertising no leads don't understand the Hispanic insurance market
Pros
good benefits
Cons
uathfwjlsfwkwibghye
Low pay but good benefits
Support Services clerk (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 4, 2017
Management micromanages you until you just want to go cry in a corner which I've seen some employees do. You can't talk to your coworkers not even if you have a question about what you're doing. You're expected to bring questions to your supervisor but they usually do not have the answer. The pay is extremely low and it's near impossible to get a decent raise. I started at $12 an hour and after 4 years left making $12.89. Ridiculous. I had a manager who didn't like me and she would accuse me of doing the most ridiculous things like making a face at her. Really? How old are we here? They also treat you like you're a child and don't know anything.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
See above
If you like scorecards and fake people
Support Services Rep SR (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 26, 2018
Just watch your back working for this company. It's like working at a high school everyone talks bad instead of focusing on work. Bunch of fakes and liars.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Being micromanaged

Want to know more about MAPFRE Insurance?

Ask a question
Good place to stop in and learn new skills. Not a great place to spend a career
Claims (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 8, 2015
This job is awesome for a while. It gets you real world experience. Some of the bosses are really awesome. You run into a lot of the problems that you do in the corporate world. Achievements are not recognized/rewarded. Yearly reviews are politicized with the biggest raises going to people who are good friends with management. Co-workers are generally pretty cool and you have a decent amount of time to socialize. Management expects a lot. The jobs here do not pay anywhere close to industry average since the facility is in the middle of nowhere and they expect that everyone is living in Webster or Thompson.
Pros
Fun coworkers, some cool bosses.
Cons
Sub-par pay rate, expectations are sky high for some positions, ratings are rigged so you can never exceed expectations unless you are friends with mgmt.
Excelente
Agente de ventas (Former Employee) –  Bogota, NJAugust 28, 2018
Trabaje durante dos años donde brindaron cubrimientos y reconocimientos a los empleados por su execelente desempeño.
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Ninguno
Decent Place Over-All
Policy Support (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 10, 2018
It was a cool place to work with a lot of good people. I was unfortunately not making living wages at the time of employment, so I had to explore other opportunities.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Financial instability
Productive and busy work environment
Casualty/PIP Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 26, 2016
Benefits are great, and the work atmosphere is second to none. The people really make the job. We are a company that is continuing to change to make an impact. Management is leading the way
Pros
Good benefits Competitive wages
Cons
Work load and expectations can be high.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAJune 2, 2016
I use a daily workflow and a management system at the beginning of each day in order to achieve goals and sales, such as organize work space, read and return emails, documents, faxes voicemails, text messages, etc. update management system, I'm constantly helping and assisting clients with billing inquiries, endorsements, claims process more than half the time with Spanish speaking clients. Prospect new business and leads. I learn the different systems required, underwriting and claims process, as well as grow overall experience and knowledge in every aspect by dealing with customer needs and demands. Interact and communicate with claims, customer service, underwriting, and accounting. I enjoy the company of my colleagues and really appreciate all of them when we have the opportunity to see one another we all get along well. the hardest part of my job is when I can't complete a task on the same day, or encounter IT issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to helping clients in meeting their needs while I fulfill my own.
Pros
Great benefits package, enjoy my coworkers
Cons
difficult to advance in job placement
Official response from MAPFRE Insurance
June 24, 2016

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoy working at MAPFRE Insurance, with your customer and have several interesting responsibilities, but yet your star rating doesn't reflect that. Hoping that was an oversight and that you truly are happy here. You sound very productive and successful!

way too much micro managing
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMay 5, 2017
Way to much micro managing! Be prepared to be drained daily. Management is very hard to please.Quality assurance is brutal. Expectations constantly changes. Not the best place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
too much pressure even the strongest individual will break
The potential is there, but MAPFRE has obstacles to overcome
Employee (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent benefits. Many great people. IT issues abound. Definite staffing issues in various departments; expectations from leadership are high with regard to exempt employees needing to put in time beyond 40 hours "to get the job done".
Pros
Excellent benefits and many great people
Cons
Staffing / IT / workload & work/life balance
End User Support Specialist II (Desktop support technician)
End User Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 4, 2015
Check the Service Now queue, pick up tickets that have not been taken. Go through each ticket and decide which tickets need to be taken care of stat, and then the people that need to be taken care of right away, such as executives and the president. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and learning more about upgrading operating systems, installing and troubleshooting hardware peripherals. Tested any wireless device. Help users remotely. Check and fix any connectivity issues. My management was never really involved as we didn't have a supervisor, just a manager. That gave me the freedom to make decisions and do things on my own. We also worked together as a team if there was an issue you couldn't figure out, and then just documented the fix, in case someone else needs the information at a later date. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the large work volume, with a limited staff. I loved working on the wireless devices the most. I order them, negotiate with Verizon for better plans to meet our needs, and different devices that would work best for us.
Pros
401K, medical, eye, and dental insurance
Cons
rude employees, too much work and not enough people. No appreciation.
Job
Physical Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 20, 2017
Management was good. A lot was expected out of workers. Claims adjusters have to deal with the brunt of the problems. Customers always getting into confrontations.
Benefits
Cons
every day tasks
Good work place
Office Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 31, 2017
The only detail that is not in balance is the salary.
I worked on MAPFRE for 11 years and I have had the opportunity to work in different areas of the company and I learn and enjoyed a lot my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAPFRE Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.