MAPFRE Insurance

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

insuranceclaimptoexpectationdepartmentbenefitsupervisorbalance

Its Ok

MAPFRE is an ok company to work for but they need some work on their management and compensation. The work from home option is a nice thing but its hybrid in some positions which isn't ideal

What stands out is the overwhelming amount of work that has very little to do with what your dept should be doing.

This company needs young people who don't care what they are doing or if it is really meaningful. The work tends to be repetitive and mind numbing. If you are able to work quickly and constantly that is in your favor. That means so much because there are plenty of system problems and system discrepancies to identify for management so they can try to get the systems working correctly. Years and systems never produce but you will. It tends to be a back stabbing type of environment as it is very competitive and everyone smiles but no one is even remotely satisfied with the atmosphere and work. This has been the worst place I have ever worked. No one seems to know what they are doing.

Pros

PTO but you really need it. Hopefully not too short staffed so you can take when needed.

Cons

Read above!

MAPFRE Insurance insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun

Fun to work, work life balance is okay. Well compensated, nice benefits package. With early retirement package. Will definitely apply once again. That is all.

Great resources and equipment

Anything I need to work remotely is provided. Working within Teams allows me to collaborate with peers easily. MAPFRE is a great company and plenty opportunities for advancement

Good stable place to work

Good stable place to work, some opportunity for advancement but not a lot. Heavy workload due to being continually understaffed. Good people to work with though. Consistent and steady.

Pros

early and late hours

Cons

always understaffed

There is little to no regard for the employees.

Work life balance is thrown around as a catch phrase, but there’s no actual consideration for same. Supervisors and above are expected to be available, even when out of the office - for the most minor, non-urgent incidents. Pay is below industry standard. There are countless HR departments, but no one is entirely sure what most do.

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful and dedicated.

Cons

Low pay. Little respect. Layoffs and limited room for advancement.

Great benefits bad work/life balance

This is a great place to work if you need good benefits, the pay is reasonable too. If you are looking to advance and grow within a company, there is plenty of room for advancement within the company, and within different departments. You have several paid holidays off. In my deparmemt I was fortunate enough to only have to work Mon-Fri. Also on your 1st day your benefits kick in and you get 20 days PTO. Which is pretty nice. My only real issue is they are not very understanding of family matters. I am a single mom and when my son needs to be picked up from daycare, there is no one else but me to pick him up. My managers expected me to put in a request, if I needed time off, but how am I going to request when my baby is going to be sick? Other than that it was a good place to work. You are supported and coached and I did feel a sense of purpose when at work.

Pros

Good benefits. Good coaching and support from managers

Cons

Not very good work/home balance, expectations are not realistic for people with children.

Fast Paced Call Center

Overall very decent place to work. The call center was very fast paced. Direct supervisors were all very approachable and happy to help in whatever way they could. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Night shift was eliminated

The freedom to get the job done and working with great people.

MAPFRE allows its personnel the opportunity to express themselves in the work that the do. The ability to attempt to solve issues in your own style. I was fortunate to work with great folks. Love MAPFRE.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Expense restrictions

Job security

There is always so much work to do I'm never fearful of being let go. But management doesn't work with the weaker links, instead leaving all of the work to be done by the stronger associates which creates a terrible work life balance if you're good at your job.

Benefits

Cons

Workload

misleading hiring and recruiters

I was not informed at the time i took the position that it would not be a full 40 hours or would only be given one 15 minute break, a 45 min lunch and then given a 15 minute personal time that could be used throughout the day (including restroom breaks or just a second break) but could be used against you and was monitored differently than lunch and break time. They claim because the company is from spain "they dont believe in a 40 hour week" but they dont compensate for the lack of hours.

Just trying to be honest

Just trying to be honest. Can be stressful. Competitive environment. Be aware of your surroundings with all employees. There is nothing more to say. Keep up with all your computer skills and procedures.

Company going through transition

MAPFRE is currently going through a transition and consolidating resources in the state. There is a good work life balance, but management goals are unclear.

Embraces Agile and Innovative culture

MAPFRE Insurance is a great place to work. It is engaging and inclusive with multiple opportunities for growth. The current culture is Agility and Innovation, meaning it will continue to adapt and grow with the advancements of technology to make business easier for customers and clients alike.

Good people to work with

Currently, Mapfre is undergoing changes, that I hope will lead to more opportunity for its employees. I have enjoyed their flexibility, and the chance to learn what us happening from a servicing perspective.

Typical Insurance Job

I worked at Mapfre for 13 years and in several departments. I had a good career there, it was a great local company to work for and consistently paid the bills. I learned so much about customer service - both internal and external. I learned about time management and organization as well as being personally responsible for my workload with limited supervision. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people - it's like a family, no matter what department I was in. I met so many new friends and learned a lot about their walks of life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult people, but it taught me LIFE lessons, not just work lessons. It is all in what you decide to make of it.

Lack of management skill

Love the company, but managers do not have a clue...The location was awesome, the working hours were great for work life balance and freedom. Company wasted alot of money on unnecessary benefits or employee events or projects.

Excelente empresa para trabajar, estable, beneficios importante para el personal, entrenamientos continuos y promociones internas de su peesonal

Debes tener alto compromiso, responsabilidad, excelente aptitud para desempeñar el cargo asignado comprometido en ofrecer excelente servicio y atención a los clientes

Good structure and strong management

Good structure and strong management. Management cares about their employees and looks after them. Many opportunities for growth in the company. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in.

Strict Policy Company

MAPFRE has very high expectations no flexibility and are strict. They give you a massive amount of PTO but goodluck trying to use it. MAPFRE is not compassionate or accommodating when it comes to family matters/needs. But they do provide plenty of trainings and tons of room for rapid advancement.

Good Company

Good company to work for. Training needs improvement. work culture was nice to work with. Communication with leadership at times was difficult. ..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAPFRE Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits