Maple Donuts Employee Reviews

Fast paced, lots of walking and standing
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 14, 2018
It's a Good place to work,as long as you can keep up,the benefits are great,good work environment ,the people are very helpful in training you on your job.If your young and energetic, it's a great job to have and you can sustain a family on your income.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay.
Cons
Not really any cons of the job.
Overall not a very good environment for work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAMay 13, 2018
They hire people on and try them out for 89 days and let them go but have bad leadership in place. constant revolving door. They pick and choose who they work with, otherwise they treat you like you don't exist and don't train you and then tell you that you are in the wrong.
Making Donuts
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 3, 2018
Packing donuts and stocking products , Maintaining clean workplace , 2 10 minute breaks with a one 30 minute break, working on a line x Forklift controlling
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Pain from standing in one spot
Maple dounts
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAJanuary 10, 2018
It was a fun job to work at driving forklift is pretty fun I worked there for 3 months I started as a packer and in 2 weeks I got moved to material handler which was really cool
Ugh
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 30, 2017
Not a great place to work, management is intrusive and demanding in ways that were not productive for anyone. They'll get on you for any little mistake or being a few mins late. The rules often contradict each other and it is impossible to please the management. They expect us to finish work in unreasonable times and make rules that keep us from doing so. Not terrible but can be stressful. Bad attitudes from many employees. Can be very difficult to balance school and social life activities because they are not understanding when life interferes with work.
Pros
Win over the love of everyone around you by providing donuts
Cons
everything else
I enjoyed the daily challenges.
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 22, 2017
Very challenging and fast paced workplace. Had to do a lot of paperwork and do my report every day on a computer. Learned and did all changeovers in the packaging department. Upper management was verbally abusive which caused a tremendous employee turnover rate. The most enjoyable part was working with the employees.
Pros
Good pay and a good Christmas bonus.
Cons
Healthcare and upper management.
Maple
Baker (Current Employee) –  Lake City, PAJune 18, 2017
The work is there but management is not. They work you hard. Don't believe the amount of work is in comparison with amount of pay. Need more pay for what is expected.Management are usually grabbed from the bottom of the barrel. In my opinion you should bring up the good hard workers and ones that have good ideas and treat employees with respect up the ranks in management.
Packing donuts and helping others
Packer (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 30, 2017
It's a very fast movement , so I had to be fast with my hands. I learned to move very fast sometimes it would have me tired bit I manage to make it threw the days and weeks. I liked it very much here.
Crater/packer (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 9, 2017
A very good place to work good environment helpful team members good bosses a great company to grow benefits are great good opportunities I like working for this company
Good
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAMay 2, 2017
Just do ur best n do as they say n work hard n keep up there pretty quick doing rounds they move / switch back and forth between areas it's pretty easy just gotta be quick with ur hands and fast o. Ur feet to keep up it can get a little frustrating but a fun job and pretty easy money especially if u like working with food n packaging just mind ur p n q n I will do good there it's easier to get I. With temp agency then through there own company originally
Great people to work with
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAApril 19, 2017
Maple donuts was a fun experience. I learned something new each day. The staff was great. There was never a dull moment. It was sad leaving maple but I had a lot going on at the time.
High turnover rate
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAApril 4, 2017
Labor is repetitive and more production oriented then employee compatibility. It may be a good place to start off in a field or for temporary work. A lot of overtime opportunities due to high turnover may be an advantage.
Disrespectful supervisors and other workers
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  East Springfield, PAFebruary 18, 2017
They treated their temporary employees like dogs,making me climb into heat vents to clean the powder out without any breaks to rehydrate.
Also didn't care that i got cuts all over my arms
Administrative
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Lake CityJanuary 1, 2017
I work with several staff including owner and let me just say, the owner is nice and treats me well. I like all the people I work with. They are flexible with lunch times and seems relaxed. New HR manager is great! I would recommend this job to anyone looking for office work.
Pros
Donuts and flexibility
Cons
Communication could improve
Slave Drivers
Packer (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 24, 2016
Communication is very hard due to the Vietnamese language barrier. They are used to getting prisoners to work there so they treat employees like they are disposable. Unclean and unsanitary work environment as well as PPE not mandated nor always available
Excessively hostile and overtly strenuous environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 15, 2016
The management prefers slave labor to proper treatment and fair compensation to employees. Supervisors would rather yell and point than try to speak english. The facility is out-dated and the equipment is antique, rather than fix or replace things properly the 'Owners' prefer to "band-aid' the situation and force the employees to work harder and longer to compensate for the decreased productive value.
Pros
Overtime is always availabe
Cons
Everything else
dont work here
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAAugust 10, 2016
treat you like garbage give you no training and when you mess up just get rid of you change the schedule with no notice andd write you up for being 1 second late
N/a
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 6, 2016
it was a good place love all the custmers and the staff wasnet that back but my only problm is that u need to there for year to get vaction now i can see 3 months but a year is just a lil to much
Terrible place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAApril 5, 2016
This is the worst place to work. The owner screams obcentities at the employee over the PA system. The Production Manager is alcoholic and works less than 8 hours a day but mandates that you work 12. They hire a lot of child abusers.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
York, PA
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 31, 2016
Working here was a nightmare, when I first started as a dock worker at maple donut east york I thought I was going to be lifting 20 pounds or less and just walk a short distance but it was nothing like that. Everything indeed says about maple donut is not true at all its a hole different game once you're in their. Make sure you read all the papers the manager will have you sign during your 2nd interview. I've got payed less than what I was supposed to get paid so make sure you guys read their paper work! Because these guys are selfish and ignorant people I've also seen employees pick up donuts from the warehouse ground and putting it back on the tray instead of the trash.