Maple Grove Hospital Employee Reviews

Welcome Desk Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 21, 2018
I was a volunteer at the welcome desk. I loved this job. To do this job, you welcome patients and patient guests/families and assist them their needs. If a patient needs to check in for a procedure, you point them in the right direction, or lead them towards where they need to go. If patient families or friends want to visit a patient, you search the record of who is in the hospital, and then lead them to the room if the hours of visitation allow. It is a fun and simple job that is very rewarding. Great customer service is needed.
Pros
Dinner coupons. Long breaks.
Cons
Mostly situated in one location throughout all shift.
Amazing
Dispatch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working at Maple Grove Hospital. The environment is what drew me in and kept me. I left to advance my career elsewhere, but I miss working there every day
Pros
Managers
Cons
limited breaks
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 18, 2017
its a great place to work. i wish i didn't get sick and had to leave. great cafe food, lovely management and nursing staff. easy job, usually a smooth day. not too stressful.
Great place, management needs lots of work.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MN 55369December 15, 2017
Enjoyed my schedule and shift. Hours are great and staff for the most part are very friendly and helpful. Workplace culture is nice. Communication and management need a lot of work. Very poor follow through and lack of involvement. No accountability. Most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. Nice work environment.
Pros
Discounts, decent wages, benefits
Cons
under appreciation, poor communication, management
Awesome place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 24, 2017
Wish I would of gave a two weeks notice I absolutely loved working there and with everyone I worked with and the pay was awesome for a housekeeper...it felt like a family there even working on rotating holidays wasn't bad
Pros
Employees, pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Team members
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 22, 2017
Maple Grove Hospital is a family environment. Your coworkers are people you can count on . There is not always a chance to grow in this hospital however. The training is not always provided when you want it.
Good enviorment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 20, 2017
The staff i work with are good people. kind nurses and doctors. Flexible hours. very good management, kind ceo and knowledgeable managers and supervisors
Fun
Emergency Care Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 16, 2016
Everyday was a different day working in the Emergency Department. There are a lot of new learning opportunities daily. Very clean and up to date facility. Co-workers are great to work with.
Never know what can come into the hospital.
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 2, 2016
It is a good environment and is a plus on how beautiful the hospital is. Good ordeal on how good it is to work with the hospital staff. I have gone through situations that I learned from and will benefit to becoming a better officer.
Pros
Staff, environment, the uknown in what comes into ECC/ hospital.
Cons
Benefits, pay, understaffed.
Productive and fun place to work
HealthCare Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 28, 2016
Excellent management. Great core workers who were always willing to share and learn. Friendly management team that cares for its employees. Love the holiday celebrations and most importantly, the impact each person has to the patients.
Excellent medical facility offering professional patient care
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 2, 2015
With accelerating growth in the Maple Grove area, as a radiology team we experienced unprecedented productivity numbers in our patient care responsibilities. Time management and efficiency along with delivering excellent patient care were critical in our success. We had a great team of radiology professionals working together.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the growth and balancing family life and work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing success through our hard work.
Pros
Professional team environment.
Cons
Somewhat slow response to growth and employees needs.
Wonderful culture with great care teams!
Respiratory Care Practitioner, RRT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2015
Great team environment! Management works closely with staff and finds great value in them, which helps team members provide the greatest, personalized care for their patients.
No longer a good environment
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 29, 2015
When I first got the job, it was a nice place to work. Staff is all very nice and makes it a good environment to be in. The management however, is a totally different story. Favoritism is always very noticeable. When duties aren't done every so often, the staff basically gets punished without being offered a better solution. Hypocrites. Tell you to fix the problems yourself, but then get in trouble for doing so. Staff also gets in trouble for things that if a supervisor/manager does, it's ignored and still turned against you. I, along with many others, have no more respect for the Maple Grove Hospital.
Pros
good coworkers, fast pace
Cons
management, poor raises
Great place to work, great place to learn
Nutritional Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 21, 2015
In a typical days work at maple grove hospital, nutritional service aides, like myself, offer direct patient care by first determining the type of diet they are on, delivering their meals, and also documenting diet intakes. Management is always helpful, as are the co-workers. However, this is also a very independent job. You are responsible for your own actions but your coworkers are always willing to lend a hand when needed. In fact, this job is what helped me learn to independently work in such an active environment. Possibly the hardest part of this job is witnessing the type of situations patients are living through. Luckily, the majority of the patients aren't severely injured and love to offer stories and share other parts of their life
Pros
great benefits over 48 hours per pay period, free drinks
Cons
sometimes cannot take breaks
I had a good time working there
patient transport (Former Employee) –  Maple, MNFebruary 1, 2015
I had fun working at maple grove hospital and all my co-worker are very helpful people in my life. there is a lot of friendly people. the environment was clean and fun place to work
Pros
there was free luch sometime
Cons
sometime no break but i loved it because it was fun to work their
Terrible work environment
Ancillary services (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 26, 2014
hostile work environment. Forced overtime. No concern for pt care
RN (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Job was good. Pt volumes were adequate for staffing. Staffing was never an issue. The hardest part of the job was working nights.
Hostile environment
nurse (Current Employee) –  Labor and deliveryMarch 26, 2014
Management does not manage the workers the loudest nurses do. If the loud ones don't like you, they will make you feel unwelcome, will berate you and run to the manager behind your back without coming face to face with you. Certain workers are given double the assignments of other nurses and those nurses knew they were targeted. You were in or you were out. If you were out, the in ones let the manager know they didn't like you, and she complied. It was a hostile environment in nursing areas. Other floor nurses felt run down, overworked, under appreciated, signaled out, and burnt out. No breaks is the norm. Unsafe staffing is the norm. The lack of policy and procedures is unbelievable. The best part of the job was how beautiful the environment was. The CEO gives a spiel of what a great place it is to work, you soon find out it is worst then others. How does it get top 100 places to work....not by the nurses, Unless of course, you were there since the place opened. The nurses that were there since it opened, act as though they own the place. Mother head nurse , daughter staff nurse is coddled and given special attention from management. Co-workers workers worked hard, leaders, management did little of anything but attend meetings. Not supportive or helpful. The managers only berated you, no words of encouragement or acknowledgement were ever given even though patients gave you cards and gifts and good reviews
Pros
beautiful work environment, patients believe it is good
Cons
no breaks is the norm, Management is destructive and ineffective
Mgh
Employee (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 13, 2014
MGH has an amazing culture that is purely patient centered and family focused, an amazing place to work were all members of the staff are seen as integral in the successful delivery of exceptional care.
Worst work environment I've encountered in 20+ years working
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 20, 2013
Saw more people fired, from entry-level to upper management, in my 1.5 years here than in all my other jobs combined. A very "big-brother is watching" environment. Managment could and would watch people's every move and specifically follow/harrass people until they were able to fire them or they quit. Also saw many questionable practices when it came to patient care and patient safety. I would not go anywhere near this hospital for all the money in the world.
Cons
Extreme micromanagment, Harrassment, Questionable patient safety practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Grove Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Maple Grove Hospital Reviews by Location