Maple Grove Hospital Employee Reviews

Slowly tumbling down
NSA (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 6, 2019
They introduce everything like a family team however they don't respect the co worker idea/opinion. They allow late co worker, not helping the staff when low with other co workers. Had days when it was only me and one other person working, they think its okay to pull other member from their job to do someone else work while they sit down and avoid work.
Cons
low staff
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 7, 2018
There are nice people working there but management is very poor. They do not support or care about employees, only about their own careers. I witnessed the lies and blaming employees for their own incompetence. It was the worst place I ever worked.
Pros
Nice surroundings, nice staff members
Cons
Very poor management, dishonest and poor communication
ove
Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 2, 2018
Exceptional employer and a great culture work place. Maple Grove Hospital values it's team members and customers. The Organization lives by it's mission, values and vision to core of everyday work.
Dont bother working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 8, 2018
horrible management and never given opportunity to make up for simple mistakes. Overlly sensitive dont bother working here unless youre cookie cutter perfect
good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 15, 2018
good place to work, Great healthcare plan. Good training program. Management is fair. The coworkers I worked with were very nice. I really enjoy working there.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cafe Services (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 28, 2018
The staff I worked with were caring and friendly. Always willing to help out when needed. It was nice getting to interact with patients and guests of the hospital.
Long time volunteer
Lead Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Love volunteering at Maple Grove - given the chance to many things well beyond the scope of a normal volunteer position. Given a chance to be part of the development of the process of volunteer positions with amazing support from paid staff.
Unfortunate experience with dysfunctional micromanagement
Ancillary Services Member (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 23, 2018
The area I worked offered arbitrary direction and job responsibilities were unclear. Management was dysfunctional and increased to borderline abusive. Textbook micromanagement and inflexibility made this difficult for a new employee and impractical to focus on the main objective: customers whose service should have been #1 priority. Any attempts to talk to management about alternative perspectives were impossible. Not a good environment.
Pros
Seem to genuinely value patient (customer) experiece overall, there are many friendly staff members within the organization
Cons
Certain areas have communication and management issues. Employees are not listened to, just micromanaged without clarity, honest communication, positive feedback, or sincere support.
Great team
SUPERVISOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 25, 2018
The EVS team I worked with is awesome as well as my manager. Newer hospital but now in need of getting things replaced. No shift wars everyone works as a team.
Pros
Newer facility
Cons
Not much for recognition
Welcome Desk Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 21, 2018
I was a volunteer at the welcome desk. I loved this job. To do this job, you welcome patients and patient guests/families and assist them their needs. If a patient needs to check in for a procedure, you point them in the right direction, or lead them towards where they need to go. If patient families or friends want to visit a patient, you search the record of who is in the hospital, and then lead them to the room if the hours of visitation allow. It is a fun and simple job that is very rewarding. Great customer service is needed.
Pros
Dinner coupons. Long breaks.
Cons
Mostly situated in one location throughout all shift.
Amazing
Dispatch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working at Maple Grove Hospital. The environment is what drew me in and kept me. I left to advance my career elsewhere, but I miss working there every day
Pros
Managers
Cons
limited breaks
Poor management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Poor management style; uncomfortable work environment; excellant hospital to have a baby: would not recommend the ER; band aid station only; go to a level one ER if you realy need help.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
See above
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 18, 2017
its a great place to work. i wish i didn't get sick and had to leave. great cafe food, lovely management and nursing staff. easy job, usually a smooth day. not too stressful.
Great place, management needs lots of work.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MN 55369December 15, 2017
Enjoyed my schedule and shift. Hours are great and staff for the most part are very friendly and helpful. Workplace culture is nice. Communication and management need a lot of work. Very poor follow through and lack of involvement. No accountability. Most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. Nice work environment.
Pros
Discounts, decent wages, benefits
Cons
under appreciation, poor communication, management
Awesome place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 24, 2017
Wish I would of gave a two weeks notice I absolutely loved working there and with everyone I worked with and the pay was awesome for a housekeeper...it felt like a family there even working on rotating holidays wasn't bad
Pros
Employees, pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Team members
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 22, 2017
Maple Grove Hospital is a family environment. Your coworkers are people you can count on . There is not always a chance to grow in this hospital however. The training is not always provided when you want it.
Good enviorment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 20, 2017
The staff i work with are good people. kind nurses and doctors. Flexible hours. very good management, kind ceo and knowledgeable managers and supervisors
Fun
Emergency Care Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 16, 2016
Everyday was a different day working in the Emergency Department. There are a lot of new learning opportunities daily. Very clean and up to date facility. Co-workers are great to work with.
Never know what can come into the hospital.
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 2, 2016
It is a good environment and is a plus on how beautiful the hospital is. Good ordeal on how good it is to work with the hospital staff. I have gone through situations that I learned from and will benefit to becoming a better officer.
Pros
Staff, environment, the uknown in what comes into ECC/ hospital.
Cons
Benefits, pay, understaffed.
Productive and fun place to work
HealthCare Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 28, 2016
Excellent management. Great core workers who were always willing to share and learn. Friendly management team that cares for its employees. Love the holiday celebrations and most importantly, the impact each person has to the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Grove Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about