Maple Leaf Farms Employee Reviews

Great environment
Quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, INFebruary 28, 2019
I wished I still worked there but due to transportation I lost my job. I enjoyed working there. The people there were great. I plan on hopefully returning soon.
Manager sucked
Farm Laborer - Research Farm (Former Employee) –  Milford, INJanuary 16, 2019
Managment sucked, lazy person who never left the desk, if something needed done it was always up to you to do it, and never advance anywhere they always bring in someone from the outside.
It’s alright if you like working with ducks
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milford, INJanuary 15, 2019
The overall job isn’t bad. The benefits are alright and the hours can sometimes be long depending on what department you work in. Just like any job tho it’s definately work.
Former employee
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, INJanuary 6, 2019
Great place to work. Good pay and for the most part pretty nice people. Management is going to be the biggest down fall on the company. No training just getting thrown anywhere they feel like putting you and expect quality work. I loved my job and the management alone caused so many of us to just walk out on a job we loved due to the disrespect , unprofessional over working lac of help and stupidity of all management. I would go a whole week 6 days 65 hours. And maybe get a lunch brake 2 times out of the week and if I did it was always after at least 6 to 7 hours of working straight with 1 15 min brake before that. But like I said that was if I was lucky. Most of the time the 1 15 min brake 2 hours in to my 12 hour shift was all I would get. Something needs to be done.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
management
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, INJanuary 2, 2019
good place to work have advancement available. People work well together family based plant. Never a bad day when working at Maple Leaf. Would work there again if wife would go back
Pros
good people
Cons
cold area
Junk equipment good pay but not worth it
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, INDecember 19, 2018
Poor management and junk equipment, good income and benefits but stressful and getting things fixed is like pulling teeth! Stupid crazy hours, hourly wage is good but not worth the headaches and expectations of poor superiors and managers. They need new blood!
Pros
Benefits, pay, vacation time
Cons
Poor management, junk equipment and will hear you out but wont implement much of what you need.
Working Conditions
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milford, INNovember 21, 2018
With little to no training, one must be able to perform in various job positions at a high level of performance from the start. Granted some positions are not very complicated.

One is expected to work even if injured. There is a high rate of injury due to physical exertion requiered in many job positions.

Management focuses on production and absences, but are relaxed on all other aspects on personal issues. this tends to cause problems related to other aspects of day to day routines of the company (personnel issues such as behavior problems,responsibility and accountability,discrimination,etc).
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday if needed.
Poor communication, non-family oriented
Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, INOctober 5, 2018
Bad turnover and extremely understaffed made for a stressful work environment. Big lack of communication affected productivity and safety. Inconsistency with training processess made it tuff as a new employee. Big problem with downtime due to mechanical issues. Short staffed in maintenance so very little planned maintainance was done.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Non family oriented
work summary
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Milford, INOctober 4, 2018
I am do the packed and recorded packages, put the packages at assigned area for shipping, followed company's safety guidelines and procedures. My specific job is to take apart the bones of the duck, put the duck on the packaging machine for packaging, and then pack it into the box.The packaged product is coded on the pallet and shipped to the warehouse.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milford, INOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work never had a problem until I got laid off because of cutting hours but that's pretty much it never had a problem there. Coworkers are there I'm great workers and love their job
Pros
Great hours an OT
Cons
No free food
Muy buena compañia
Produccion y operador de maquinas (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 24, 2018
Me gusto trabajar en esta empresa son buenas personas con ganas de hacer que sus empleados se superen.
Genetics Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INSeptember 6, 2018
Good company with good benefits. Lots of entry level jobs that pay well, have full benefits, and are very stable employment. If you do your job, you will have your job for as long as you want to work there.
Pros
Stable employer
Oportunidad de igualdad
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 29, 2018
Excelente para todo aquel que desee progresar económicamente en un ambiente de diversidad cultural
Pros
Puedes trabajar full time
Cons
Son turnos de 12-16 horas
If I can just get away
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, INJuly 15, 2018
It's like once you start working at this place you're stuck there. I absolutely hate it. The Supervisor in my department sucks. He is not management material. He does not stick up for his employees when they are right, he is disrespectful in terms of speaking to people and he is unfair. He likes to play around at times which is great to keep the day going but that is about the only thing good I can say. He doesn't really know how to run his department and doesn't really have a care in the world. The company as a whole don't care if you have a family or things to do. They don't even care if you live an hour away and it's snowing hard outside to the point where you can't see anything. They just don't care. They work me like a slave in this place.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
hours, management, staffing(turn over rate)
Good job to have
Back up lead (Former Employee) –  Milford, INJuly 11, 2018
Everybody work together to get the job done and willing to help you with anything that you need for the job they are family oriented the job that you have would be great if you don't mind the cold great benefits and good vacation times they have great attitude towards other employees and all shifts help each other out
Great staffing to work with.
Bilingual Interpreter and Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Franksville, WIMay 1, 2018
Corporate in Indiana took over everything. I was one of the first ones to get laid off since I was very new to the company. Although I was with the company for a short time I advanced pretty quickly. Being a quick learner has it's Pros.
Pros
Staffing was great
Very stressful
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Milford, INFebruary 28, 2018
no life working there , very stressful , no culture , Big turnover rate.
production people were not trained very well , maintenance had to set and run the production line a lot of the time, always short hand .
Pros
to many hours but pay was ok
Cons
no time for life
A great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Maple Leaf Farms allows you to interact directly with the customers. It is a wonderful place to work because the hours are great along with the people.
Fast paced
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milford, INFebruary 22, 2018
Very fast paced ! People were nice for the most part! A lot of different areas to work! I did packaging/cut up which wasn’t to bad! Just takes time to get use to it
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks
Buemn abiente de trabajo , es la preferencia laboral q lo hace indeseable
Evisceration duck (Former Employee) –  Mildford indianaJanuary 15, 2018
No se hace las 40 horas, eres transitorio en todo tipo de Trabajo, Al no ser fijo, no cualificas para Aumento.. Si no hacen 40 horas, y no cualificas para Aumento, para q seguir ahi?
Pros
Personal
Cons
Buena coodinacion inclusive para manejo por tornados...