Maplewood Senior Living Employee Reviews

Great company
Multi department (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 18, 2018
I have worked for Maplewood for a couple years. The team is great. They all pitch in to help when needed. Its a laid- back environment that I get to have fun everyday. I started as a caregiver at 18 years old and have been in several facilities and I honestly feel like the staff that works here genuinely care about the residents and care about doing a good job. It is busy and keeps you on your feet but I always feel like we are all making a difference and we get to laugh everyday. I think the management is all pretty nice. They all try to be out of their offices and involved on a daily basis. I've worked at other places throughout the years where you don't even see the management.
Pros
Fun, relaxed atmsphere
Great place to work!
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 2, 2018
There is great teamwork, the facility is clean, and the residents are happy. Your hard work pays off, management supports you, and there is room for advancement.
Employees were not working together as well as they should
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 12, 2018
Too many people had titles that they assumed they were all had to boss the rsa’s and it created an atmosphere of everybody being somebody ‘s boss.
RSA’s worked hard and yet it seemed they never do it right. It caused a lot of stress and animosity that was overlooked by management. And favoritism played too.
Very caring environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 22, 2018
I volunteered at maple wood while my mom was working there.The employees are very laid back and help as much as possible, as much as they can. They try to get residents involved in activities as much as possible. Overall it would be a place I would 100% recommend.
Seems great, but don’t fall for it.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 2, 2018
The facility is beautiful, the culture there is absolutely terrible. Management micromanaged everything you do, rewarded employees that didn’t deserve compensation, everyone gossips there, wages are decent but not worth the challenge of morals when it comes to the lack of care for the residents there. They milk their employees for all that they are worth. They literally just want warm bodies in there to fill the staff, they do not have any morals.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Everything else
Great residents!
Cna (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTMarch 2, 2018
Great people and residents .place is nice and beautiful builiding. The nurse are great and the job is pretty comfortable. I would recommend anyone to work her e and will not leave on bad terms just in case I want to come back.
fun and upbeat work enviorment
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 8, 2018
each day is approach with positive attitude with coworkers and energizing team work with much accomplishment. in timely and efficient manner. with much communication
Stay away if you value your nursing license.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 29, 2018
Poor, unresponsive management. Understaffed nursing wise. Med errors when found get swept under the rug. Reports of suspected verbal abuse by aides not investigated. Drama galore. Never got out on time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Risk to nursing license
Terrible place to work for.
I dont know (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day nasty coworkers, high turnover rate, management is all over you when they don't do anything. Terrible place to work for. Nothing is up to date it's a disaster.
Pros
Residents
Hmmm :(
Employees (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 15, 2018
Very poor management communication amongst all locations,
~Rarely any feedback from HR, Upper management
~Directors and managers in addressing any concerns, issues, problems with employees to help better working relationships within all the community’s
~Majority of times, any concerns, questions, problems, issues, etc. that are brought up are disregarded and avoided resulting in no resolution causing more tension and frustration with management and company standards
The employees truly love there residents
And family’s they lost a lot of good hard working caring employees
~They have a VERY high turnover rate within all of the community which is a constant complaint stated by family’s and residents and is very embarrassing for the employees to answer/give reason too in any way.
~Company is based more on an in pocket numeric value.
Stressful place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTDecember 9, 2017
It’s sad to work short staff most of the time. Residents are the most important priority but some employees don’t care. I left because I was being harassed and they did not care when I told rhem.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay rate, management team in certain areas
Awful Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTDecember 9, 2017
Always short staffed. The pay sucks for everything you have to get done on your shift. Employees were fighting with each other in front of residents.Management should worry more about the residents instead of what the facility looks like. My biggest issue was a lot of the residents didn’t have any supplies in their rooms to clean them up with after toileting them. And 1/2 of the residents should be in a nursing facility not assisted living! I went on my 2 week vacation and never went back! Stay away if you can!
Pros
Enjoyed the residents
Cons
Not enough pay. Lazy employees.
nice place to work
RSA (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 29, 2017
I enjoy my job at Maplewood it is a good work environment management works with your busy lifestyle you are able to advance to other positions the hardest part of my day is at the end when you have to go home family-friendly work environment
Lack of Corporate committment to the residents
Manager (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 28, 2017
The Corporate office is only concerned with SALES!! They don't care about you or the residents. Once the resident moves in they are just another number. Everyday is a mad scramble to stay ahead of the Corporate B.S. Everything is based on first impressions not on long term objectives that would benefit the community. CEO and COO walk around with the wool pulled over their eyes!
Pros
residents/ co-workers
Cons
Corporate
very nice
STNA (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 3, 2017
still work here, management has been lacking, you mostly get your days off that you want, low staffed sometimes have to work short, have to have patience, be open to demntia and alzhemiers residents. DONT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE LAZY
Pros
good food
Cons
low staffed, management is rough at times
Excellent place to work.
Resident Services Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 27, 2017
I am overjoyed to work for this company. It has amazing management and most of the cna's are phenomenal. I can't imagine being anywhere else. The residents are so happy there.
Pros
Coming to work
Cons
Leaving work
Awful co-workers
Lifestyle Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 24, 2017
Working with the residents was very hands-on and rewarding at the end of the day, but the other employees make it hard. They lack organization and the real interests of the residents.
Pros
Long breaks, free food
Cons
Lack of organization
no good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 19, 2017
no communication no team work no good management no leadership not enjoyable at all i learned that its ever man for them self in that place they will let you burn if they could
Productive place to work , with lot of growth within company
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 19, 2017
It's good , nice and effective for me I don't have anything bad to say any problems I had was delt with quick and easy without any fuss soto me its good
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
No cons
Great Residents, Expectations, and Staff
Intern (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, OHApril 19, 2017
I could not have picked a better place to begin my professional career. I have found some of the best mentors among this company that will have shaped me for all of my professional careers to follow. Not only are the staff compassionate and caring towards me, they are towards every resident as well. Everything they do is to make sure every resident has the best experience possible. The company expects 110%, 7 days a week and this is all resident focused. From the layout of the building, to the food that is served, to the activities, to the staff that is hired, the residents are in mind. Everyone I have gotten the opportunity to work with has a passion for what they do. The HEART philosophy isn't something that is just taught and never exhibited; this is a philosophy that the company stands on and every staff member follows through with. The HEART philosophy is humor, empathy, adult autonomy, reaching out, and trust/triumph. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who has a passion for the elderly. This company will prove how dementia care should be done, and follow through with it. It has set the standards high for my career to come.
Pros
Everything from dining, resdents, activities and staff
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maplewood Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6