Maplewood Senior Living Employee Reviews

Poor management
Server (Current Employee) –  East Norwalk, CTJune 14, 2019
there isn’t fair treatment and favoritism since I walked through the door I can not believe for the first time out of me working plenty of jobs it is this hostile and disrespectful ! I will not recommend!
Good place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  61/SheridanJune 8, 2019
Maplewood care center is making major advancements in healthcare for long term care residents and skilled rehab! They appreciate employees, provide opportunities for advancement in career path, work with single moms and dads that have child care issues and also help with benevolence when necessary! Great team right now, fun place to work!
Great group of workers
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 30, 2019
Manager are really dedicated for everything to run smoothly. The company offers benefits, gives 30 min breaks in a shift. This company cares about employees, ordering food in on stressful days and throwing parties to celebrate their hard work. Families of residents are very welcoming and love getting to know workers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Can be stressful
Decent pay/ awful management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  W YarmouthMay 29, 2019
It's a good second job. It's decent pay. But don't try to work full time. Management is awful. It doesn't matter how much you report and you're told you're important. Nothing changes. It's corporate and corrupt. Everyone is replaceable. We used to be a 5 start nursing establishment. And now we're really really skating by.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Awful supervisors and management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  W Yarmouth, MAMay 27, 2019
I liked working foe Maplewood. Maplewood allowed me the freedom to work independently and be my in charge of my own schedule and manage my own productivity.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
at times had to take on too much resposibility
Maplewood at Orange-Wonderful Company
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 3, 2019
Competitive salaries, wages, wonderful management. If you are willing to work hard their are opportunities for you to grow. They treat their residents like family and with much dignity. I can't say enough wonderful things about Maplewood at Orange and Maplewood Senior Living as a whole.
Pros
Competitive wages and salary, beautiful communities
Great Place!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 15, 2019
I currently work here, one of the best places to put a family member with dementia. Staff will make sure your parents/spouse is the top priority here at Maplewood.
Pros
Provides 401k, free lunches when it’s a holiday.
Cons
N/a
You can't help but LOVE your residents
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Bethel & NewtownApril 9, 2019
Enjoy the work even though incredibly busy and non-stop. Everyone works well together. Managers listen to ideas. Families are always grateful and show appreciation for how well and happy their loved one is.
Pros
$2 lunches, holiday appreciation lunches, great christmas party
Cons
Most here need a 2nd job to pay bills
It’s alright
RSA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 28, 2019
Honestly I feel like there are worse places to work but I feel like maplewood could do better. The pay isn’t great and I’m trying to get through nursing school and its barely paying my bills right now. Also they’re sneaky if they increase the starting rate they will not compensate those who already work for the company.
Great place to work !
Rsa (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTMarch 25, 2019
I love the residents and the associates ! Always great things going on and staff appreciation !
I have worked here for several years and love it. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Workplace culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 19, 2019
If you are in with management you are treated well no matter if you are good at your job or not. You need to start to reward the hard working people and not put more on them for they are reliable and do their job correctly the first time.
Love the team there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 19, 2019
I loved working there. The building was real nice, all the workers were real nice to be around. They also food for workers at cheaper rates. They really care about their workers
Great Place to work
RCA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 13, 2019
Have been working for Maplewood at Newtown for a while, it's been great, a lot of awesome coworkers specially the CNA's always willing to help, respectful. The residents are just the best.
Pros
They paid for the birthday and 1 extra holiday, $2.00 for good meals worth it compare if you have to buy outside the community
Horrible
RSA (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 4, 2019
If you’re lazy and like to call off a lot then this is a place for you! Bedbugs and ridiculous work load for little pay! You spend 5 days learning about the company and it’s just a bunch of lies. Run while you can!
Pros
Nice residents
Feels like home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHFebruary 13, 2019
A very nice place to work. Residents are wonderful, staff is great. The excutive director is a very wonderful, compassionate guy. The rsd works very hard, and expects the same out of nursing dept. i have worked there almost since maplewood first took ownership, the improvements among staff and resident service has been fantastic. The excutive director there has done a wonderful job of leading. The worst part of the job is running short staffed, it causes tention between everyone and the residents arent happy either . It is better to overstaff then understaff when you are working in these types of enviornments,. Management listens to employees. We are sort of underpaid. While the going pay rate might be comparable to the titles we hold, maplewood admin need to factor in the amount of people we are serving. Overall, i love my job, but you will definately be tired at the end of your shift.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Pay
Maplewood Made a Difference!
Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 22, 2019
I never thought I could change my career path. Thanks to Maplewood, they have also changed my life. My work has meaning. I feel appreciated and a part of something bigger.
Beware!
Wellness Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Weston, MADecember 6, 2018
I should have known something was up in my interview that I was hired on the spot without the proper paperwork being filled out and no tour of the facility, or shadowing the current wellness nurse, but I decided to take the job after all. The paid was not fair for my level of experience, but it was my part time job so I went with it, after negotiating. At first they only offered $23 and I have over five years as a nurse! The management is horrible. While I was there 5 members of upper management left for other positions outside of the company, one actually resigning immediately and that was the DON. There was no support from management. The staff is limited and the schedule shows that only any given shift there was never enough aides on and I would spend the first 30 mins of my shift calling in aides or making sure there is a nurse to coming in for the next shift so I'm not stuck there for 16 hours. There was a lot of hours to be picked up but even if you worked over 40 hours they didn't pay OT. The quality of nursing given was fair by most of the staff and that is contributed to the management lack of support, scheduler not scheduling correctly, and as a nurse you were unable to give great care because you are too busy trying to deal with all the management issues. I left because I like my license and if you aren't fixing the problem you are part of the problem so I had to get out of there!!!!
Pros
The building itself is state of the art and beautiful
Cons
Everything else!
Fun and encouraging place to work, rewarding as we see some progress with alzhimer patients
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 21, 2018
Experience working in various health care settings including Endoscopy, Orthopedics, Radiology, Reproductive Medicine and Integrative Medicine. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
Pros
gifts and bonues given by the families
Cons
working on major holidays
I thought it would have been different because it was brand new
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 10, 2018
There should have been more discipline for employees than there was. Decent employees were more disciplined than the ones that were not doing their jobs.
Productive work place
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 31, 2018
I love maplewood I’ve worked in some awesome places but i think that one was becoming one of my favorites before i left to have my baby , i would most definitely like to go back
Pros
Appreciation gifts
Cons
Short breaks, no over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maplewood Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8