Maplewood Senior Living Employee Reviews in Newtown, CT

Great Place to work
RCA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 13, 2019
Have been working for Maplewood at Newtown for a while, it's been great, a lot of awesome coworkers specially the CNA's always willing to help, respectful. The residents are just the best.
Pros
They paid for the birthday and 1 extra holiday, $2.00 for good meals worth it compare if you have to buy outside the community
Terrible place to work for.
I dont know (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day nasty coworkers, high turnover rate, management is all over you when they don't do anything. Terrible place to work for. Nothing is up to date it's a disaster.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Productive place to work , with lot of growth within company
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 19, 2017
It's good , nice and effective for me I don't have anything bad to say any problems I had was delt with quick and easy without any fuss soto me its good
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
No cons
Newtown
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 13, 2017
This is one of the worst places to work especially if you're a server. The residents are great but the management needs work. Between the kitchen staff and upper management there is a lack of communication and marketing keeps putting us on the spot when new residents come in looking for second seating(which we have none). They are making the dining room look 5 star even tho it isn't in the residents' needs. We used to be able to take home the leftovers but now it's against the rules.
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 3, 2017
They promise pay increases you never get. Staff is cut so youre always short. Management is rude. CNA'S get the lowest pay underneath everyone. They always ask for aides to pick up shifts but call you into the office when you're in overtime. Most aides spend a month or two tops in here!!
Horrible place to work.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 14, 2016
It's a horrific place to work. You constantly have to watch your back. It's more about image and money than the residents. From the bottom to the top. The residents are promised things that their not getting. The management are so arrogant rude and disrespectful condescending. Total jerks.
Your not appreciated for the work you do. Constant turn over DON's and ED's. Aides in and out by the dozen.. They hire anyone that comes through the door. You have a certificate your hired. Constantly complaining about the budget. It's all a show there. Your far from valued. The only positive about working at maplewood at newtown is the residents. That's it.That's what keeps me going..
Pros
Residents
Cons
everything else
Worst place I ever work at
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 2, 2016
First and for most maplewood management needs to be retrain, they degrees they have on the wall are inpressive, but they have no common sense you will notice those things only if you work for them. The group interview is entry level, u don't even have to talk in the interview and they will hired you that's the kind of people they get, very revolving door, no room for advancement, always short in the nursing field, an aid can demand their hourly salary, because of that reason. The pay their is low they lie to u when it comes to raises, I would not recommend anybody looking for a future to work at any of the mapplewood they are all run by incompetent executive directors !!!!!!!
Pros
$2.00 lunch and dinners if u like micowave food
Cons
None whats so ever!!!
Far too busy, not enough pay.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTApril 10, 2015
You are expected to break your back-literally- for this company in hopes of advancement that they dangle over your head like a rabbit chasing a carrot. It's pitiful. They don't pay well, raises are low and criticism is high. You cannot voice opinions, and management talks down to you daily. You're essentially a glorified janitor.
Pros
Full-time work and the residents you help daily.
Cons
Short breaks, high healthcare, poor management, poor work environment.