Maplewood Senior Living Employee Review

View all Maplewood Senior Living reviews

Beware!
Wellness Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Weston, MADecember 6, 2018
I should have known something was up in my interview that I was hired on the spot without the proper paperwork being filled out and no tour of the facility, or shadowing the current wellness nurse, but I decided to take the job after all. The paid was not fair for my level of experience, but it was my part time job so I went with it, after negotiating. At first they only offered $23 and I have over five years as a nurse! The management is horrible. While I was there 5 members of upper management left for other positions outside of the company, one actually resigning immediately and that was the DON. There was no support from management. The staff is limited and the schedule shows that only any given shift there was never enough aides on and I would spend the first 30 mins of my shift calling in aides or making sure there is a nurse to coming in for the next shift so I'm not stuck there for 16 hours. There was a lot of hours to be picked up but even if you worked over 40 hours they didn't pay OT. The quality of nursing given was fair by most of the staff and that is contributed to the management lack of support, scheduler not scheduling correctly, and as a nurse you were unable to give great care because you are too busy trying to deal with all the management issues. I left because I like my license and if you aren't fixing the problem you are part of the problem so I had to get out of there!!!!
Pros
The building itself is state of the art and beautiful
Cons
Everything else!

Other Maplewood Senior Living Employee Reviews

Never again
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 13, 2019
I worked here for 6 months. I got bullied and no management stopped it. They pay is not enough for all the work you do. They only care about the money. Favoritism is so high here and it feels like high school. Don’t work here and don’t put ur family here
Pros
Residents
Cons
Short breaks or never a break, poor management, not enough pay
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 7, 2019
I love working at Maplewood I enjoy working with the residents.there family are very happy that there parents are in good hands.I treat them with respect I cut there food, I have been there almost 7 years . I am also tri lingual that helps with our Tour .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maplewood Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8