Maplewood Senior Living Employee Reviews

Maplewood Made a Difference!
Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 22, 2019
I never thought I could change my career path. Thanks to Maplewood, they have also changed my life. My work has meaning. I feel appreciated and a part of something bigger.
Beware!
Wellness Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Weston, MADecember 6, 2018
I should have known something was up in my interview that I was hired on the spot without the proper paperwork being filled out and no tour of the facility, or shadowing the current wellness nurse, but I decided to take the job after all. The paid was not fair for my level of experience, but it was my part time job so I went with it, after negotiating. At first they only offered $23 and I have over five years as a nurse! The management is horrible. While I was there 5 members of upper management left for other positions outside of the company, one actually resigning immediately and that was the DON. There was no support from management. The staff is limited and the schedule shows that only any given shift there was never enough aides on and I would spend the first 30 mins of my shift calling in aides or making sure there is a nurse to coming in for the next shift so I'm not stuck there for 16 hours. There was a lot of hours to be picked up but even if you worked over 40 hours they didn't pay OT. The quality of nursing given was fair by most of the staff and that is contributed to the management lack of support, scheduler not scheduling correctly, and as a nurse you were unable to give great care because you are too busy trying to deal with all the management issues. I left because I like my license and if you aren't fixing the problem you are part of the problem so I had to get out of there!!!!
Pros
The building itself is state of the art and beautiful
Cons
Everything else!
Fun and encouraging place to work, rewarding as we see some progress with alzhimer patients
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 21, 2018
Experience working in various health care settings including Endoscopy, Orthopedics, Radiology, Reproductive Medicine and Integrative Medicine. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
Pros
gifts and bonues given by the families
Cons
working on major holidays
I thought it would have been different because it was brand new
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 10, 2018
There should have been more discipline for employees than there was. Decent employees were more disciplined than the ones that were not doing their jobs.
Productive work place
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 31, 2018
I love maplewood I’ve worked in some awesome places but i think that one was becoming one of my favorites before i left to have my baby , i would most definitely like to go back
Pros
Appreciation gifts
Cons
Short breaks, no over time
Great company
Multi department (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 18, 2018
I have worked for Maplewood for a couple years. The team is great. They all pitch in to help when needed. Its a laid- back environment that I get to have fun everyday. I started as a caregiver at 18 years old and have been in several facilities and I honestly feel like the staff that works here genuinely care about the residents and care about doing a good job. It is busy and keeps you on your feet but I always feel like we are all making a difference and we get to laugh everyday. I think the management is all pretty nice. They all try to be out of their offices and involved on a daily basis. I've worked at other places throughout the years where you don't even see the management.
Pros
Fun, relaxed atmsphere
Great place to work!
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 2, 2018
There is great teamwork, the facility is clean, and the residents are happy. Your hard work pays off, management supports you, and there is room for advancement.
Employees were not working together as well as they should
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 12, 2018
Too many people had titles that they assumed they were all had to boss the rsa’s and it created an atmosphere of everybody being somebody ‘s boss.
RSA’s worked hard and yet it seemed they never do it right. It caused a lot of stress and animosity that was overlooked by management. And favoritism played too.
Very caring environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 22, 2018
I volunteered at maple wood while my mom was working there.The employees are very laid back and help as much as possible, as much as they can. They try to get residents involved in activities as much as possible. Overall it would be a place I would 100% recommend.
Seems great, but don’t fall for it.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 2, 2018
The facility is beautiful, the culture there is absolutely terrible. Management micromanaged everything you do, rewarded employees that didn’t deserve compensation, everyone gossips there, wages are decent but not worth the challenge of morals when it comes to the lack of care for the residents there. They milk their employees for all that they are worth. They literally just want warm bodies in there to fill the staff, they do not have any morals.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Everything else
Great residents!
Cna (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTMarch 2, 2018
Great people and residents .place is nice and beautiful builiding. The nurse are great and the job is pretty comfortable. I would recommend anyone to work her e and will not leave on bad terms just in case I want to come back.
fun and upbeat work enviorment
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 8, 2018
each day is approach with positive attitude with coworkers and energizing team work with much accomplishment. in timely and efficient manner. with much communication
Stay away if you value your nursing license.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 29, 2018
Poor, unresponsive management. Understaffed nursing wise. Med errors when found get swept under the rug. Reports of suspected verbal abuse by aides not investigated. Drama galore. Never got out on time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Risk to nursing license
Terrible place to work for.
I dont know (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day nasty coworkers, high turnover rate, management is all over you when they don't do anything. Terrible place to work for. Nothing is up to date it's a disaster.
Pros
Residents
Hmmm :(
Employees (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 15, 2018
Very poor management communication amongst all locations,
~Rarely any feedback from HR, Upper management
~Directors and managers in addressing any concerns, issues, problems with employees to help better working relationships within all the community’s
~Majority of times, any concerns, questions, problems, issues, etc. that are brought up are disregarded and avoided resulting in no resolution causing more tension and frustration with management and company standards
The employees truly love there residents
And family’s they lost a lot of good hard working caring employees
~They have a VERY high turnover rate within all of the community which is a constant complaint stated by family’s and residents and is very embarrassing for the employees to answer/give reason too in any way.
~Company is based more on an in pocket numeric value.
Stressful place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTDecember 9, 2017
It’s sad to work short staff most of the time. Residents are the most important priority but some employees don’t care. I left because I was being harassed and they did not care when I told rhem.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay rate, management team in certain areas
Awful Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTDecember 9, 2017
Always short staffed. The pay sucks for everything you have to get done on your shift. Employees were fighting with each other in front of residents.Management should worry more about the residents instead of what the facility looks like. My biggest issue was a lot of the residents didn’t have any supplies in their rooms to clean them up with after toileting them. And 1/2 of the residents should be in a nursing facility not assisted living! I went on my 2 week vacation and never went back! Stay away if you can!
Pros
Enjoyed the residents
Cons
Not enough pay. Lazy employees.
Consider for a temporary role
DR Server/Waiter/Busser/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brewster, MANovember 19, 2017
I took this job as a PT job, Dining Room Server. I ended up working more hours as there was a shortage of staff.

The DR/Kitchen staff were reasonably nice, and cared about the residents. I actually felt that all the staff I encountered did care about the residents.

The facility itself is brand new (2014) and beautiful. It was great working in such a nice environment. Meal service is fine dining, table cloths, china, etc. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner meal service averaged 3.5 - 4 hour shift per meal service.

You work/are busy non-stop from the time you start your shift and when it ends. There was no interacting with co-workers and while you do interact with the residents, it's limited, as meal service was a mad rush and you needed to always quickly move on to the next table. I always felt they were understaffed, but that was their staffing norm level.

Really a ton of work for such a low paying job, just barely above minimum wage. High turnover here and their other Cape locations, not only for DR staff, but CNAs, etc. There are always job openings.

Even with the cons, great experience, and loved working for the residents.
Pros
Residents, Facility, Laid Back Atmosphere
Cons
Just above MINIMUM Wage, No Benefits, No Opportunities
Lack of Corporate committment to the residents
Manager (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 28, 2017
The Corporate office is only concerned with SALES!! They don't care about you or the residents. Once the resident moves in they are just another number. Everyday is a mad scramble to stay ahead of the Corporate B.S. Everything is based on first impressions not on long term objectives that would benefit the community. CEO and COO walk around with the wool pulled over their eyes!
Pros
residents/ co-workers
Cons
Corporate
very nice
STNA (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 3, 2017
still work here, management has been lacking, you mostly get your days off that you want, low staffed sometimes have to work short, have to have patience, be open to demntia and alzhemiers residents. DONT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE LAZY
Pros
good food
Cons
low staffed, management is rough at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maplewood Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8