MaPS Credit Union

Working at MaPS Credit Union: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

Admin tries to train

Admin does their best to train, but if you land in a branch without a present manager, you can feel a little lost. Very thankful for team players who offered their help while manager was out of the branch.

Forward thinking credit union

Great leaders with innovative minds! Opportunity for advancement in many departments. Good pay. Vacation and holidays off. Fun place to work with great coworkers.

MaPS Credit Union insights

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility

Competitive Pay lost identity

New upper management for retail has no clue what they are doing. They are in a middle of a culture shift but have no idea what direction to go it to. The CEO will make you feel that it’s a great place to work, but all they are doing is hiring washed up bank managers and implementing their methods pretending to be revolutionary. They will not promote from within. The pay is fair but the systems and procedures are difficult to learn.

Beat job I’ve ever had

Maps takes care of its employees! Love my job! My manager is supportive and ensures you get the training and exposure that is needed. If you ever need help the team is there to make sure you succeed.

Pros

Hour lunches, Sunday’s off

Cons

Longer hours

Good temporary job but never trust the management

Pros: starting pay is great & the initial training is a lot of fun, plus most of the other tellers are very nice Cons: very cutthroat when it comes to pushing products on "members", bad communication between management and other staff, I did not feel adequately prepared for what was (apparently) expected of me

People are great but Management not Supportive

I worked there for 11 years, work environment was great, staff really appreciates your help but management treated you poorly. When I really needed their support due to an issue, they turned their backs on me.

Ok place to work

Some days are great to work for Maps, others not so. Communication is lacking from the top down. The hardest part of the job is working with the public and not getting helpful support from the back office coworkers.

busy, only two processors

The job itself was great the people that are around you are not so great. they allow harassment and when you complain they do not handle it. coworkers bad mouth you and talk down to you. no work/life balance if you have a family emergency or health issues that get in the way they do not care. management sucks and needs to be changed. I recommend working in the branches, not the corp.

one of the best places i have ever worked

honestly the best company I have ever worked for. they are so invested in their employees and their development as well as their community. they take community involvement to a whole new level.

Wonderful Company

Maps Credit Union is a great place to work. Employees genuinely care about one another. The environment can be stressful but the company tries very hard to make sure each employee is happy. Things are changing and the company is growing so room for improvement is needed but they will get there.

Pros

Family oriented, great wage, community focused

Cons

long hours and large work loads

While a repetitive workplace, it is a comfortable environment

Some stuff can get repetitive, but overall a great place to work. I would recommend for those who don't mind repeating tasks. The workload is not too heavy.

Great Place to Grow

Maps truly cares about it's employees. The culture at Maps is unlike any place else that I have worked. I enjoy what I do and am proud to work for a company like Maps.

They Try

I worked different positions within the 5 years I was there. It was just okay. It's a better place to work than some credit unions. The In-Service days were always the worst.

Great opportunity to Advance and meet great people

A day at the office start usually with some type of meeting or pre work gathering. We discuss goals for the day and go out and try to meet them. I worked with a diverse group of people all coming from amazing backgrounds and everyone intermingled very well. I had a my own set of regular members who would come to only me for the services i provided.

Pros

Good Benefits, Excellent Clientele, good coworkers

Great workplace

My co-workers where great. I enjoyed every minute of working there.

Interesting environment

We provide basic transactions such as deposit and withdrawal in West Salem High School

Over all a good place to work

I work good hours and the small group of people I work with are fun to be around.

Excellent place to work and grow.

I was a manager there for a few years and left to go to a bigger bank... (WAMU)Hated it and wish I had never left MaPS.

Common questions about MaPS Credit Union

Answered by current and former employees at MaPS Credit Union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaPS Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits