Marathon Staffing
66Average

Marathon Staffing Employee Reviews

United States239 reviews
Got hired pretty easily. Just hot and fast paced. It's a very sweatshop esque environment. Seems like they're keeping things barely legal. But every week if you are on time you get paid 16-17 an hour
Do you want to bend over every 13-30 seconds for 12 hrs a day? Apply now and wreck your back. No wonder they can't keep employees for very long.

And youll be in orientation for 2.5hrs and they will only pay you for 1! Its the deal of a lifetime.
Pros
pay
Cons
Everything else
I would never work for a staffing company and I would not ever work for sterilite, 12 hour shifts no way, pay so so, you have to learn Spanish to work there way to many Mexicans, what does that tell you, any job thru a staffing agency the company cannot find employees nor do they keep employees, the overturn of employees is unbelievable, stay clear of Marrathon Staffing and Sterilite
Pros
non
Cons
to many to type
July 6, 2020
Since you have NEVER WORKED for Marathon Staffing or our client that explains why your opinion is inaccurate, however it does not explain why you would make such discriminatory comments.I simply do not understand how some people can be so cruel.Thank goodness there are many more kind people in the world..
The Employees & Managers Were So
Rude At The Ennis Location Never Again Would I Recommend Anybody! You cant go to your car at all , no fresh air , the break rooms were never clean nor the bathrooms! The Older Men Harass you ! Never Could Answer Your Questions! They Put You Anywhere Without Teaching You What Has To Be Done. Ridiculous Throw The Whole Facility AWAY!
Pros
The Pay Was Decent
Cons
Rude staff overall!
July 6, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing.You can't go to your car because your breaks are paid for, this information is given before you start your position.Please contact me concerning the rest of your review, I would like to discuss this with you. Please contact Colleen(978)748-4016.
You basically just get introduced to your supervisor and that’s it! You are expected to figure it out on you own. Instead of helping coworkers talk at you and expect you to know what you’re doing as if you’ve been there for as long a them! They pay you only 13.85 you only get the 17.20 if you come in on your schedule shift everyday and clock in and out on time. They only offer that because they can’t keep any workers because of poor training! Not a good work environment RUN FOR THE HILLS
Pros
Attendance bonus
Cons
No training they show you one time and expect you to know it all
June 22, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. The extra hourly pay is an earned attendance bonus, which is an incentive designed to reward our team members for having perfect attendance . If you would like to discuss the part of your review concerning training, I'd like to talk to you,please contact Colleen at (978)748-4016.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good hours, pretty good pay. They seriously need to step up their Protective equipment. You're standing next to blaringly lound machinery for 11hrs out of the day while wearing these flimsy little ear plugs they give you that hardly block the noise and don't fit properly. They make you take a on the job hearing loss questionare from the CDC that even states that you need to wear air tight ear ugs that create a seal and that you need to take frequent breaks yet they provide you with I'll fitting ear plugs and breaks every 4 hours
June 15, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing.We are sorry to hear that you have concerns about our worksite PPE. Our mission to help people succeed can only be achieved if our team members are in a safe working environment. We'd like to hear more about your experience, please call Colleen at (978)748-4016.
Staff shows concerns about meeting their employees desires, ensures employee is paid in a timely manner, and is attentive in listening to the employee.
Pros
Paid weekly, options of choosing if you want the job without being hassled, the opportunity of finding the career of choice, option of choosing medical and dental insurance.
Cons
No raises unless you choose another job assignment making more money.
June 15, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing and also for sharing your knowledge and opinion as to how we care about our team members through the way we conduct business. I recommend talking to the office personnel to stay updated on of any new positions we may have. Thank you for being a valued team member.Best of luck !
Quick placement to start entry level. Offer mostly 12 hour shifts, during work days you only have time for work then sleep and it's back to work. Perfect attendance bonus. Most assignments are Spanish speaking culture specific. Feel like odd man out speaking only English. At least they have direct deposit
June 2, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing and thank you for being a team member, we appreciate you !
I always enjoy working for them. I work part-time as needed. Always in a good location, parking is paid for. I am treated well by my employers. People are very friendly.
June 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Marathon Staffing and for your kind words. We are always very happy to hear that our team members enjoyed working with Marathon and enjoyed their experience while doing so. Best of luck in the future !
The workers need a better pay after certain amount of hours after 12 hour shifts.
workers deserve vacation hours after they been switched over to marathon staffing from other agencies.

workers deserve sick day pay after 90 days

workers deserve shutdown pay after being there 90 days
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. Please call me to discuss your review. I'd be happy to speak with you, call Colleen(978)748-4016.
Marathon told me that the temp to hire position would become permanent position 3 months from date of hire. Turns out it didn't happen, I called them many times, sometimes, they didn't call back other times, they gave me lip service and said don't worry, I would become a permanent employee. This went on for months, then the company I was placed in, abruptly eliminated my position. During all this time, the company, my immediate manager told me they were pleased with my work and got along well with others. I called Marathon to tell them the Company they placed me at, eliminated my position. Marathon didn't know this, neither did they follow up with them or me regarding the misrepresentation of the position becoming permanent. Marathon did not represent, look for me, or represent me, furthermore, they lied about the position becoming a permanent one. I think it's important for a staffing company that places you in a position with a Company, be ethical, truthful, supportive, and pro active. I would not recommend Marathon for these reasons.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. I would like to talk to you, would you please call Colleen at (978)748-4016. It seems like there was some confusion somewhere, we can talk about that. Just so you're aware, sometimes our clients may end assignments if their needs have changed.
It's a great place to work at,very positive place, very nice worker there.They will help you with your work if you don't understand how to do something n if you get behind on your work. It's a very friendly place to work at
May 4, 2020
Thank you so much for your 5 star review . We are thrilled to hear your positive thoughts about Marathon Staffing, thanks for the shout out ! Thank you for having been part of our team and we wish you the best.
I need better pay and hours. Was not satisfied wirh 10 an hr and long hours away from home. My job was tiring and strenuous and i didnt get much of a reward out of it at the end of the pay period.
May 4, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing and for taking the time to write it ! If you're still looking for work, please check in with the office to see what other positions may be available.best of luck in the future.
A typical day would be stressful, very busy, but also productive.
I would interview 6 to 10 candidates for a various positions.

Resumes screenings to schedule more interviews for the next day was a great part of the day.

Communicating with the directors or owners of the various companies I was hiring for in order to discuss their needs.

Take part or sometimes conduct meetings, etc.
Wouldn't waste my time coming to this company. There are too many other great companies to work for that appreciate what you've got. And pay you for it. Fairly. No management should ever yell at their employees for their own mistakes and their inability to admit when they've made them. They like to pass the buck
March 30, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. Please contact Colleen(978)748-4016 to discuss your review..
If you like 12 hours this is a good job you work 15 days a month so there’s no excuse for not coming to work lots of time off flexible schedule that’s what I like the most
March 30, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. Yes, the schedule does give you a lot of time off, many people love their schedules. Thank you for sharing the perks and thank you for being a part of our team, we appreciate you !
Hired to do a job they could not and would not support. Made sales to clients recruiters wouldn't recruit to. Poor communication and staff used drugs onsite with little repercussion.
March 23, 2020
Please contact me concerning this review. Contact Colleen at (978)748-4016 .
March 23, 2020
Please contact me concerning this review. Call Colleen at (978)748-4016.
Thank you !
They are no matter what, loyal to their loyal employees and of their needs and happiness. Very greatful to be apart of a staffing agency such as this one.
March 23, 2020
Thank you for the 5 star review and for taking the time to do so.Thank you for being a part of our team , we appreciate you and your shout out. We are thrilled that you feel the way that you do, that is what we strive for.
Marathon is a great employer , pay is good as well.. The company has great and reasonable policies that any employee should be happy to follow,and mgmt is great..
March 3, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing and also for taking the time to do it ! Thank you for all the compliments ! Thank you for having been a team member, it is because of people like you that make us successful. Best of luck in the future.
Nothing less than 12 hour shifts for no more than minimum wage very hard work with people that are just mean all the time not a great work environment or experience
Pros
Cons
To many hours to little pay
February 25, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. We do have other positions other than this one. A lot of people like the12 hour shift because of all the time that they have off, but It's not for everyone. If you would like to discuss your review, please call Colleen at (978)748-4016. I would like to know more about your experience. Thank you.
Don't expect to make much money because during the holidays or if they don't have conventions it will get a little slow so you have to worry about finding other employment outside of Marathon Staffing overall to just make extra money and it not being your first job other than your second
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Marathon Staffing. Please check in with the office, we staff for other positions also. Best of luck in the future.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marathon Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9