Marathon Staffing

Marathon Staffing Employee Reviews for Inspector/Packer

Inspector/Packer33 reviews
United States33 reviews
Got hired pretty easily. Just hot and fast paced. It's a very sweatshop esque environment. Seems like they're keeping things barely legal. But every week if you are on time you get paid 16-17 an hour
July 13, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. Please call me to discuss you review, Colleen(978)748-4016, I would very much like to talk to you.
They fired me because I threw up from being too hot. They don't care about you. They hire anyone and the trainers are not trained to train you. No good place.
Pros
Cons
The whole job
July 27, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. .A team member's assignment would not be ended for the reason above Please call Colleen to discuss your review,(978)748-4016.
To hot to be working like that in there for anybody but they dont care at all but u need to stay hydrated or u will pass out in places like that its been hot lately
Pros
Idk
Cons
Idk
July 20, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. It can get warm in the summer months, that is why we make sure everyone brings a water bottle to fill up. We care about all of our team members, please call me if you would like to discuss your review, call Colleen at (978)748-4016.
Do you want to bend over every 13-30 seconds for 12 hrs a day? Apply now and wreck your back. No wonder they can't keep employees for very long.

And youll be in orientation for 2.5hrs and they will only pay you for 1! Its the deal of a lifetime.
Pros
pay
Cons
Everything else
July 13, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. The job description and orientation pay is conveyed to you before you accept a position.Best of luck in the future.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The work is fine. But I don't like the fact that they don't do rehires. Because at the time I didn't have a car and I was riding with so called friends but we had got into it. And I didn't have a ride. So I told them I had to let the job go because of my transportation. I called like two weeks ago to see if I can come back and they said no..
I wish they wouldn't have said they would hire you if you are on time and perfect Attendance during your probation period because when you are not offered a position you become Discouraged.
January 6, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. We don't want anyone to feel discouraged. Please reach out to me so that I can look into this for you.Please call Colleen at (978)649-6230.
12 hr days without being allowed outside once inside, repetive motions make time move slowly soreness in some cases. Marathon especially lowest on totem pole, move us where ever they need, including trailer loaders in summer heat!
January 6, 2020
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. All of your breaks are paid, that is why you can't leave the building. I'm not sure what you mean about Marathon being the lowest on the totem pole.Being moved to where you are needed is essential in manufacturing and part of being a team player.It's better than being sent home.Please contact Colleen if you have any questions, (978)649-6230. Thank you for being part of our team and we appreciate you.
If you can not stand for 12 hours or keep up the pace I suggest you not waist your time . You will be written up and let go . The pay is alright but once you realize it’s all the same work you start to feel like it’s not worth going that extra mile to maintain the speed they disre . But still keep to yourself and your weekly check is pretty nice
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
40 hours sick time a year
November 18, 2019
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. Please call Colleen to discuss your review,(978)748-4016
Marathon applying patience and helpfulness would go a long way with new temps. Steer clear of 'better than you' attitudes. Concentrate on applying a greater level of professionalism.
Pros
The pay is good, greater than Shearer's in Massillon, Oh
Cons
Unprofessionalism
October 14, 2019
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. If you would like to discuss your review, please call Colleen at (978)748-4016.
The work ia extremely boring. Standing for 12 hours and you can't leave your machine. Not allowed to have music or any other type of mental stimulation.
Pros
Lunches are paid
Cons
Short breaks, mentally exhausting, lack of advancement opportunities
February 18, 2019
Thank you for your review. You can leave your machine for breaks and lunch, that's why people come to relieve you. You just can't leave your machine unattended.

The reason that you can't have music is for safety reasons and since you must wear your earplugs, it would not be possible to wear ear buds at the same time. We need to make sure that you are able to hear the machine and also to hear if there was any type of emergency.

Promoting is done from with in so please talk to someone in the office if you're interested in doing something else other than running the machines.

Best of luck !
not a good place to work, they don't train people, they will write people up for machines shutting down, people steal your food, send you home for LOW, waste of time
Pros
Cons
everything
January 14, 2019
Thank you for your review. We regret that you feel this way. I would like to discuss your review in a little more detail. If you would like to discuss further, please call Colleen in Human Resources at (978)748-4016.I hope to hear from you. Best of luck in all you do.
•Fast past
• heavy duty

•it’s really hot in there in the summer time !

•Management was good

•Helping hand

•I enjoyed working with other people
September 17, 2018
Thank you for your review ! Thank you for letting us know about your good experience. Good luck in all you do !
this is not a company that i would want to work for again i have told people about my very bad introduction to injection mold at the lake Havasu location
September 4, 2018
Thank you for your review. If you want to talk about your experience please call Colleen at (978)649-6230. best of luck in the future !
Marathon staffing with sterilite has a lot of hardworking and dedicated people. Marathon offer plenty of opportunity to advance in their company and advancements in sterilite.
Pros
Paid breaks and some overtime
Cons
12 hour shifts, hot and loud environment
August 30, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Marathon.It is people like you and all the dedicated team members that make Marathon great ! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
When I worked at Sterilite for Marathon Staffing the people were very welcoming and friendly. I can tell that those people like their jobs/careers. I was on a hire temp to hire basis. I liked working at Sterilite that being my first job coming out of high school and the pay is great.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
August 17, 2018
Thank you for reviewing Marathon and the kind words. We always love to hear positive reviews and are very happy that we were able to help you right out of high school and proud to have been your first employer. Best of luck in the future.
Very fast paced and hot. Some of the lines were extremely fast. I had a issue getting to work because of a blow out. They were not understanding at all
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks long hours
August 17, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review Marathon. Attendance is very important at this location, that is why we give the attendance bonus of $1.00 per hour.Best of luck in the future.
two ten minute breaks and two twenty minute breaks, easy to move up if you have the motivation and physical ability to. 12 hour shifts, and only three days on week and four day the next week, vice versa.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks, tough work
August 17, 2018
Thank you for your review of Marathon Staffing. The schedule is great, it's nice to have consecutive days off when working three days one week and four the next.
Best of luck !
Love working here great place to work pay is good and get health insurance through the company. Hours are long sometime but the pay makes up for the hours
April 25, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review us.Marathon is happy to hear that you love your job, the pay, and the benefits. The hours can be long for some people, but the pay and the schedule make up for that I'm sure. Thank you for being a valuable part of our team, we appreciate you.
Hard fast pace work in an uncontrolled heating/air environment. 12 hour shift with 2 ten minute breaks and 2 twenty minute breaks. Getting paid every week was the best part of the job.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
short breaks, very hot and cold environment
January 19, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Best of luck in the future !
Great place to work fun competitive environment get to see many different components that are made by the company that you didn't know and you have the option to buy straight from them.
December 27, 2017
Thank you so much for your review ! Marathon is always happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us. Yes, there are some good perks ! Good luck in the future !
I liked working for Marathon staffing because they had a great environment with great people and it felt warm and welcoming. There was no location that I was sent sent to that I had any difficulties with any person. It's a great company with a lot of opportunities.
August 16, 2017
Thank you for your review ! Our team here at Marathon strives hard to make people feel the way you do, so thank you for your shout out ! Best of luck !