Maravilla Foundation

Working at Maravilla Foundation: 23 Reviews

United States23 reviews

jobworkmanagementgreatemployeegooddaypeople

Great experience

They could use more of inside marketing sales and motivate their own sales force by presenting better commission rates. Managers should listen more to their own people during meetings also.

Stressful

Very stressful work environment. Management and HR team up against the employees. Favoritism is big here. As long as you’re a favorite you won’t have a stressful work load. Everyone else gets piles of work. Management is unapproachable for your concerns.

Cons

Horrible management

Maravilla Foundation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment

Horrible Place

Pay and Benefits are really bad here . HR is no help any worries, complaints or issues HR will not resolve the problem but will work with management to find a way to get rid of you instead.You cannot speak your mind or complain because it will get you fired. Management is horrible if they don’t like you they will find any way to get rid of you.Was there for many years real waste of time. Great thing I left! You feel 💯 better when you get out!You are more likely to get into a car accident trying to beat the highlighter ! Yes highlighter (priority in the mornings) instead of a good morning .

Pros

Cons

A whole lot don’t know where to start

Horrible Management

Worst agency to work for. Very micromanaged, treat workers like children. Over worked and under payed. Very click-Ish. Supervisors don’t know anything. Very wasteful, it feels ur working In the 1950s.

N/a

I totally enjoyed working at Maravilla Foundation the only thing that I didn't like was the personnel or there management there's stuff they need to fix and pay attention too.

Very good place to work at

I just wish the pay would be higher. I wish the pay rate would be higher. But overall I feel the vibe is good. Everyone is super friendly and they make you feel welcome.

Pros

Everyone is friendly and good vibe

Cons

Pay Rate to low

It was a good place.

Maravilla is where I got most of my job skills. I enjoyed working there until old boss left the new manager is horrible she overwhelms employees with work and doesn’t want to hear excuses. They offer benefits 80/20 and 401k. Paid time off, holidays and sick days.

Health Insurance is too high

The company does a great job for the community it helps a lot of people but unfortunately they don't help their own employees, i.e. the cost for an employee for family health insurance is $500 a month, not cost effective!

Pros

Good People

Cons

Health care is too high!

Stressful

Stressful environment Poor management Management needs professional outside training Lack of compassion for employees Back stabbing Management passes blame on employees

Cons

Work Environment affects you ...

Work was overwhelming because it seems like they did not do a proper assessment of work-load to employee ratio correctly.... most are overworked and underpaid. I started with $12 an hour as in intaker, but later learned intakers are supposed to get paid at least $15.... Work environment is what bothered me was right when I started the job....HR made it clear the chain of command, but my supervisor told me that I shouldn't "step on anyones toes" I feel like the that was her way of telling me not to go over her head. I later on discovered that it was put into many of the employees head to keep their head down and just do what theyre told. The company seems like they're very outdated and isn't open to change. I ultimately left because I had a panic attack and cried in the restroom, the employees consoled me and I felt like it was better to cut ties because it wouldn't have been worth it to stick it out for this company.

Pros

vacation

Cons

work environment, poor compensation, heavy workload

Executive Assistant

Maravilla Foundation is a great place to work. They treat their employees like family and are always willing to go the extra mile if something happens to their employees. They ACTUALLY provide their employees FULL HEALTH, DENTAL and VISION coverage for FULL-TIME employees. The other reviews complaining about not receiving benefits are most likely those sales consultants in the field (they are contractors, not full-time employees). The company offers PTO, vacation, sick days, about 11 paid holidays and other perks that other companies do not offer. I highly recommend this workplace to anyone looking for a great work experience and a family-like environment. They welcome anyone to apply at Maravilla Foundation.

Pros

Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance. PTO, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Days. Family-like work environment

Administrative Assistant

Great place to start for beginner in office cubic desk job. Pleasant staff, workflow throughout the day keeps you busy, and the time flies by quickly.

Great Place to work if you like helping people

Overall Maravilla Foundation is a very good company. They work with the Gas company and Edison. On helping low income families with energy saving appliances. Working there is awesome from my co-workers to Management. Work can get intense out in the field. Working in different family homes can be a pain. My personal experience is awesome. Personal things happen in life. From kids getting sick to accidents to deaths. I never had any problems asking for T.P.O.If my pay rate was like the rest of the Installers I would not be looking for a new job.

Pros

NO weekend work M-F 8:00am-5:00pm

Cons

pay rate

good job for a flexible person who enjoys working to build own paycheck

do not expect any sort of benefit, it is a contract job, so absolutely no insurance, 401k or time off paid, the culture is likeable not much time spent at the office other then dropping off applications and checking mailbox.... for rejected files, they do not pay a stipend for the gas you use to arrive to clients, no matter how far . the pay is fair 90-125 per file, no taxes are taken out so if your like me with no children ..... good luck at the end of the year paying back taxes~

Pros

love my team

Cons

no insurance or benefits~

Family feel, Good relationships and communication.

I feel very fortunate to have gotten the chance to work for a non-profit organization that gave me the opportunity to move up in a quick period of time. The people there were always very nice and helpful. Overall it's a good environment to at.

Pros

All paid holidays, Good hours.

Cons

Pay wasn't the best.

Stressful

Always felt like manager was trying to get rid of me and one of the supervisors was racist making racist statements. One time i cut my thumb while installing a window and he told me to wrap it and keep working. Very unprofessional

Pros

Hour lunch decent pay

Cons

Management made you feel like you was lucky to have a job

clerical

fast paced job great to gain clerical work skills the work load and professionalism needs work from management. good pay for entry level positions training needs improvement .

The most stressful and stagnant place to work

When I worked there, the job atmosphere was so stressful that I was constantly depressed going home and did not want to show up to work. I did learn how to schedule and how city guidelines work. Management was horrible when I was there and it was very unprofessional. The workplace felt like a war zone since you had to watch what you said, wore, and did because you always had people trying to get you fired.

As a consultant, you make your own time schedule. Fun place to work.

There is no typical day at work. You develop your own schedule and meet with customers at will. It's very relax. I love it.

You are on your own

The job requires you to check in at a central warehouse and travel to anywhere within 100 mile radius from warehouse. Although there is a support system available to help with anything you might encounter on the field it will NOT be there for you. If your van breaks down 80 miles away from the warehouse the support system will tell you to call a tow truck and return to warehouse then return to your destination. If a tool breaks down on you and you need a replacement you will be told "figure it out with what you have" even if that means sawing lumber with a hammer drill. You will be on your own.

Pros

all health benefits are free of cost

Cons

The support system will NOT be there for you.

i was first clerk, my job was to stock, maintenance, customer service, and team-oriented. it was the most fun part of the job. my co-workers and i got along great. as a team we accomplished our requirements and goals as needed as any other day at work. thier was no hard part about the job.

Common questions about Maravilla Foundation

Answered by current and former employees at Maravilla Foundation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maravilla Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits