Marc Glassman, Inc Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Stock (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 19, 2019
I worked between produce and food with a little register experience. This job was very stressful and can get very busy and hard to keep up with. Constantly understaffed and managers are always stressing about how the work isn't getting done but don't want to give any of the part time people hours. I worked for over a year before I was eligible for fulltime and they started with NO vacation days for over a year. While other employees started with 2 full paid weeks. Made absolutely 0 sense. I enjoyed the people I worked with, but some did absolutely nothing and made the work load unbearable. I would come in around 5:30 am, unload heavy pallets that were terribly loaded ,most days off the truck, pull them out to the isles, unload them and stock the items that arrived. Then assist customers with finding things while I stocked. Typically there was around 10-16 pallets a day that were unloaded and stocked, between 3 to 4 people on an 8 hour shift. Then any backstock had to be organized, new items tagged and everything clean and put away by the end of the day. I didn't mind it at times, but this job slowly ate at me, and for only recieving $10.00 an hour after 4 raises it simply isnt worth it
Pros
10% discount (on certain registers lmao)
Great Place to Work!
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 21, 2019
Very Good! Exactly what I expected. Show up everyday on time and you'll have a good time. Marc's is a very immersive environment and full of great people who are happy to work.
It's an okay job
Order Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHJanuary 19, 2019
The job itself is pretty easy. All you have to do is build pallets as an order picker to be sent to the stores in the area. The hours vary day to day because you work based on how busy the stores are. so one day you might work 10 hours and others you can work as little as 5 hours. Some times its nice getting out early and being able to spend the extra time with your family but other times you really need the money and that's when it felt like the short days came. All in all, the job is great for someone that doesn't have too many financial responsibilities or is just using the job as a stepping stone to get experience for another order selecting job. The managers are cool and laid back. It's a dusty environment. They have incentive bonuses which are nice if you're a competitive worker.
Pros
Incentive bonus, healthcare, they offer free PB&J sandwiches for lunch
Cons
There's only one break, very inconsistent hours
not a good place to work.
Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  willowick, OhioDecember 11, 2018
Bad hours, overworked, bad management, bad customers, dirty store, lazy and high coworkers. Try to act like they're professional but they're really not.
pros and cons at every job
Department Head (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHNovember 5, 2018
The job is easy. The customer service part takes a special person to listen and respond accordingly. Motto Greet, Meet and Have a Nice day. Overall great company.
Central Warehouse was awesome!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brookpark, OHOctober 16, 2018
This is going back quite a few years, as I am 51 now, and we are talking about when I was in my 20s. I am sure a lot of people reading this review were not even born yet. I worked at Central Warehouse from 91-97. Left for a sales job for a large computer company. Working at Central Warehouse was great! Made a lot of friends there, some who I am still in contact with today. There was some heavy lifting (cases of bleach, cases of Tide) etc... For a younger person it was a great job. Sadly, I am not as physically fit as I once was and it would be a lot harder today. Summer time got extremely hot in there, and you would sweat pretty hard. I worked the graveyard shift, pulling whatever the stores would order. They would play music (or the Indians games during the playoff years of the mid-late 90s) over the PA speakers to make the time pass faster. Never knew what time we were getting out, as during the slow times of the year (not very often) we would clean the warehouse when the stores were pulled, and on the busy times we could stay as much as 2 hours after, and 1st shift would eventually take over. Overtime was mandatory. Benefits were GREAT!! People and management were too!!! Marc Glassman served hamburgers at a Christmas Party! He is a great person. I have kept in touch with the 3rd shift supervisors over the years, and he (and a bunch of others are STILL THERE!) I have since gotten my CDL since I left, and I am seriously considering going back as a driver. Great company to work for, and I actually have to admit, I regret leaving.
Pros
People, Management, Discounts, fun place to work
Cons
None really, but if I had to nitpick, I would say the forced overtime. Do not know if that is still the case today.
Bummy
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJune 24, 2018
Overall the managers are always stressed and the lack of quality staff is poor. This businesses roots go very deep. The managers know how to get the most out of the staff whitch is great but when the help is subpar it makes it extremely difficult to yield the best results.
Pros
10% discount and half off on the rotisserie chicken
Cons
Short breaks
My first job
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 29, 2018
As a first job, part time, it wasn't all that bad. As a minor I was protected from a lot of their policies. After I turned 18, I frequently stayed until 1 am or later.
Pros
Part-time
Cons
Grocery store
Uncaring grocery environment
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Willowick, OHApril 16, 2018
While my managers did allow me a little wiggle room in order to attend classes, the managers themselves were both demanding and aloof at the same time. I worked as a cart attendant, and physical harm to employees was not a real concern for management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits, low pay, bad management
Great job for a little extra money
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHMarch 22, 2018
Nice place to work with flexible hours, but you don't make much money. I enjoyed working there and the people were nice mostly. It would be nice if they paid better.
Pros
Good job for students
Cons
Low pay, breaks weren't at a set schedule
A decent place to work
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHDecember 30, 2017
Filling customer orders, stocking the display case and sales floor, packaging and distributing products, cleaning, and assisting with baking duties as needed.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Work most weekends and holidays
Not a good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willowick, OHNovember 18, 2017
Very racial company no balance with the management team or corporate office black/white and no accountability when it comes to disipline for employees.Communication is bad and they dont care what you have going on in your personal life as long as you in the building (management) an want have a problem with telling you to work 6 days a week.
Pros
Customers.
Cons
No work/life balance, Very racial
Overall great atmosphere
Cash Office Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHOctober 7, 2017
Working at Marc Glassman Inc. is a great opportunity to build your work experience. The workers are always positive and welcoming. Marc's offers flexible scheduling and paid vacations after a year of employment.
Pros
flexible scheduling, paid vacations
Cons
poor management
Low morale
Closeouts (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 29, 2017
Not a good place at all, management doesn't care about the workers and corporate is the worst. Store is constantly unorganized , workers have low morale because management doesn't care about them and don't communicate with them. Store manager constantly yells at the workers, breaks are short and rushed and if you are sick they will pressure you to come in anyway. Raises are few and far between
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Great Starter Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2017
This is a great job for anyone looking for a first job. Chances to move up are possible but also slim. If you enjoy working in a grocery store this is a good place. It is very laid back but can sometimes be stressful as not everything is as advanced as other places. Management is wishy washy. Some are good, others can be a little more tough.
Pros
Slow-going, amateur, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, No health care options for part time, etc.
High expectations with low compensation
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHAugust 1, 2017
Unrealistic budget from district manager. Always having to cut hours but at the same time corporate expects the stores to run smoothly 100% of the time with bare minimum staffing. Customer Service Manager usually gets stuck upfront due to constantly having to cut hours and then gets in trouble with the distric CSM when they get behind of paperwork and any other "office" duties.
Pros
Paid vacations, healthcare
Cons
Home/work life balance, constant micromanagement from corp
Poor management, unhappy co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2017
Management gets easily upset, and talks trash on each other to their other employees, the equipment is difficult to work with due to it's age. Bagging stations are horrendous, poorly organized in terms of aisles, register layouts, and finding anything such as but not limited to wet floor signs, garbage bags etc.

Marc needs to get someone to reorganize store 23. Revamp aisle layouts, put signs of where things should be when not in use, upgrade equipment and bagging stations and change the entire layout of the stores customers can find the registers or exit, half the aisles don't have numbers and should be organized in a different manner, prices on items are changed accordingly sign wise, registers should be placed in another location. Complete revamp is necessary for that store and job descriptions and such need to be reevaluated such as but not limited to stocks job is carts they need to keep their eyes on how filled the Carts are bc if customer service has a line and one person is a money gram, another is 30 lottery tickets and another is 12 items, than you have a coworker coming for change and another person needs popcorn, and the phone is ringing and another person needs pharmaceuticals but we don't have a pharmacy carts are the last thing the customer service needs to deal with if it's stocks job to begin with.
Pros
Employee discounts, closeouts
Cons
Poor management, unhappy coworkers, old outdated equipment that takes forever to use, poor bagging stations, poor organization.
Not a horrible place to work but it could be better
Cashier/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartville, OHJune 22, 2017
I worked there for 3 months and I was a cashier/ supervisor and the people i worked with were unorganized and entitled and did very little hard work.I did whatever my superiors asked but a lot of the time i ended up doing someone else's job.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible Management
Fast paced, busy workdays.
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 26, 2017
Marcs is a fast paced and often busy job that requires a lot of customer assistance and focus. People applying for a job here can expect 4-7 hour shifts usually.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Understaffed
Easy job but management ruins it.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2017
Easy going workplace, the equipment and warehouse it's self aren't in the best condition. A couple of the managers are amazing and then there are those that completely ruin the experience.
Pros
Laid back, easy, flexible
Cons
Management, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marc Glassman, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.