Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the search See all 1,484 reviews
Solid team
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARMarch 23, 2019
Both crews I worked with were friendly and had great customer service skills. The GM was willing to step in and assist when things got hectic. If you showed a drive to do your best people looked out for you.
Productive, fun and hard working
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 21, 2019
A typical day at marcos was either we were really busy or really slow. Most co workers get along with one another. The hardest part of the job is pre close or cut table. Pre-close because if we are really busy might not get to your duties until later when we are about the close. Cut table is difficult when we have a bunch of orders and one person working it food gets backed up gotta move fast. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work and have a good time
Fun work environment but long hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 21, 2019
I was the general manager of a Marco's Pizza store and yes it was a fun work environment among a few other perks (free pizza, etc) but it was not worth the long hours and upper management that I had at the time. Most weeks i was working about 70 hours just to maintain the store and that was on salary, so most weeks I was basically making less than minimum wage.
Pros
Free food, fun work environment
Cons
Long hours, bad pay
Such a terrible place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 20, 2019
The pay was bad. As a manager you end up working a ton of hours. You can't hire your own team as a general manager. All upper management is hired from the Family Video(they own Marco's) so zero room for advancement. This place was soooo bad to work for.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Bad pay, everything
Great part time job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 19, 2019
Good for as part time work for those attending college/school or just need to make a little more cash. Not really stressful and great people to work with. Easy going yet have to be on your toes when it gets busy quickly.
Pros
Discounts for food/drinks, Flexibility with Schedule
I had fun and enjoyed my time making pizza, my managers were friendly and taught me well.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2019
Working at Marcos could sometimes be stressful, but it was the good stress, the type that pushed you to do better. Not only did we serve a great product, my team and I did it proficiently and precisely with little error. I loved that job and even tried to return when i was able to.
Not the worst but not the best
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 18, 2019
Low wages, often not full time hours - was paid under 10 an hour as a shift manager. Enjoyed the position and the people, and enjoyed working with our customers as most were regulars, it simply did not provide any room for advancement or growth nor did it seem to pay accordingly.
Overall decent place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 17, 2019
Working at Marco's was an overall good experience, I enjoyed the job, co-workers were friendly and worked well as a team. However, the management of my store was very poor, managers lacked leadership and organizational skills, often at the expense of the common employee. Many times the restaurant was left understaffed and poorly stocked, both recurring and avoidable problems. The managers were more concerned with their own personal reputation than they were with maintaining a functioning store, they let store metrics govern their decision making even during rushes and catered events. They managed with little to no planning and promised promotion often, though rarely actually gave any. We were often unable to take breaks in cases where the store was understaffed and had little flexibility in choosing our own schedule.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Occasionally messy work
Awful experience......
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INMarch 16, 2019
First day, walked in stood for an hour without a clue what to do while the manager literally ran around frantic because employee called off. Signed no paperwork, was given no shirt or hat and was told to make food without any proper training. Second day did delivery driving, and got paid hardly anything for that night plus didn't have a uniform or anything, decided to work the next night, and only made a little over what little I made the previous night. Was yelled at on occasion to get out of the store, and so were the other delivery drivers like we were dogs. My position was delivery driver but there are too many delivery drivers and not enough in house people so we have to take time out of the hour to make the pizzas and deliver them, by the end of the shift we haven't made hardly above minimum wage. I hustled at the line for almost a full 30 minutes out of a short shift every hour it seemed to never end... Awful job... Has turned me so far away from the food industry that I may NEVER go back to work in any restaurant again...
Pros
Free Pizza from extras or mess ups
Cons
No breaks, No time for restroom, Constantly rushing and behind
It’s a fun place but people are shady there
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAMarch 13, 2019
Other than the shady people the general manager is amazing but they do have some flaws like bringing old people who are toxic to the work place back in
Pros
You can make a ton of friends and the general manager is amazing
Cons
Other staff are cocky and think they are privileged

Want to know more about Marco's Pizza?

Ask a question
A good place to learn organization and discipline
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMarch 12, 2019
Working at Marco's I learned how to manage myself, other employees and the tasks i had at hand. handling phones, making pizza, and prepping/cleaning the entire time. I learned a lot and took a lot from the work I did there.
Pros
flexible positions, flexible hours, and great learning experience
Cons
hard to manage even work with fellow employees
Fun, Fast Paced, But Little Pay
Insider (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 12, 2019
Marco's Pizza is a great place to work as a starter job, but the pay is very little and there's no room for promotion or a raise to your paycheck. The workers and customers are amazing, though. It's a very positive environment with great food, just not great pay or hours.
Pros
Free lunch, great people, great customers, great food
Cons
Very few hours, very little pay
Fun work place. Room to grow.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 12, 2019
I loved working here. The work culture is unlike anything I have ever seen before. If you want to work for a growing company with great core values, this is it. I would love nothing more than to work for them again.

Only downside I can say is their business model favors franchises and individual franchises’ work culture could vary significantly to corporate. My experience has been strictly corporate Marcos
Marco's Pizza
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee) –  Haysville, KSMarch 12, 2019
Easy work. Start dough and prep. Make deliveries, make pizza, do dishes. Count out cash. Manager was great, easy going. As long as you do your job. Not enough pay for the driving.
Nice Place To Work, Very Relaxed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 11, 2019
I liked working for Marco's, it was a good job to have.
Tje pay wasn't amazing, but it got gas in the tank and food in the belly. If Ihad an opportunity to work at another one, I would.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Discounts when Management Felt Like It
working at marcos
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2019
a typical day throughout the week is a 5-6 hour shift and your dutys are to take trash help clean make and prep pizzas and line . i learned that places can have poor managment i have experience already with fast food resturaunts my learning is over beside if its something im not familiar with. ma the hardest part of the job is being way understaffed like 2 people on an all day friday rush . the most enjoyable part of the job is going to be listening to music and and making pizza without the worries of a over ego manager breathing down your neck and bringing in drama to work
relaxed job
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMarch 10, 2019
inform customers on pizza specials, take order, and clean tables. I learned how to make a pizza other foods. Job is pretty relaxed but boing if not busy. The hardest part was making sure food was prepared correctly.
Its ok i guess
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 10, 2019
The place I work at, the general manager just yells at everyone, even if we make a single mistake, and doesn't recognize the team, it is not are hard place to work at, but not worth the time
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No benefits
Really fun first job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80005March 8, 2019
I worked at Marcos for a little under 3 years. It was definitely one one of the better jobs i had. The environment was super fun and the mangers were super awesome.
Great Temporary/College Gig, No Room to Grow
Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMarch 6, 2019
not a bad temporary job
the only job worth having is a driver
however a driver is expected to do everything in the restaurant as opposed to the cashiers, or line workers, or expo, who only have the one task.
A driver is expected to do everything unlike other pizza places where all a driver does is deliver.

However, the driver makes the most in the store because of customer tips.

As a driver, the best part is being on the road by yourself most of your shift enjoying music and simply driving. When you are in the store it's chaos.
Pros
discounted or sometimes free pizza, and plenty alone time as a driver. tips. closes at 10/11 vs midnight - 2am.
Cons
management could use improvement, drivers do more than just drive. not as high volume as other pizza places.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marco's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Marco's Pizza.

Powered by Comparably