Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search See all 1,081 reviews
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 19, 2018
Great place to work. I loved it but they could not pay me enough for what i did. The owner of my store also liked to put his nose in my personal life too often. Its call boundaries and it caused a lot of conflict.
Pros
free meal when opens and closing
Cons
poor pay
It was a decent place to give me some experience
Owner (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 17, 2018
The one problem we consistently had was we never had a good manager and so it was always crazy when it was rush hour. My parents tried finding better but we never had one specific good manager.
The job leaves a lot to be desired.
Shift Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 15, 2018
My current job has a stressful and unorganized atmosphere. I'm looking for a better job where people are rewarded for hard work and schedule isn't so random.
Pros
We are allowed free food sometimes .
Cons
There isn't any incentive to do your best.
awesome
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 15, 2018
a typical day depending on the day it is a fast paced job and you need patience to deal with some people and you have to have a good customer service act.
Owner is constantly out of line
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 14, 2018
Hated working there for months but finally decided to leave when he grabbed me like I was his child or something. No positive feedback from him, only negative and personal opinions. Always commenting on people’s personal life, very imposing and rude. For someone that owns a business that requires hospitality, he seriously lacks. Loved the team I worked with besides that, but by the time I was leaving, every one had either quit or been fired. I was one of the last ones to go. Loved the work, and the college counterparts are great.
would recommend working there
Licensed pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 13, 2018
Very understanding people that work in management. Fast paced and cut throat, as any business in the food industry is. Great starting pay and the customers are on average decent people.
Drama filled work place
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCJune 12, 2018
I hate drama and unfairly treated employee you can break your back for the mt hollow Marcos to make sure the store runs but when ask to transfer they make up a reason to fire you it happened 4 times since the new gm cliff is there he made a driver resign because he lept picking on him because of his sexuality
Pros
Good money for drivers
Cons
Poor team work and managment skills
I loved marcos
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2018
I really like working for Marco's Pizza everyone was like family. Everyone has equal opportunity to get raises and get promoted. When I needed that ours management helped out. Overall good store
Productive Business, Always Busy
General & Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 10, 2018
Working as a General & Marketing Manager you are always busy. Hiring, and training new people. Running the store the proper way when your owner is not present. Keeping numbers, food cost, and employees all on one accord. It is a lot of work but you get quite a bit of experience. One of the best parts of the job is meeting, and building relationships with customers.
Pros
Free Lunch, Meet New People, Grow Within The Company
Cons
Long Hours, Under Paid Depending On The Owner
I liked it for what it was
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 10, 2018
I ran the cash register and helped with clean up when needed. I enjoyed it but knew it was only temporary until better things came along, I did not leave the job with any animosity but I had a better job for my needs.
Fun environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 7, 2018
Easy to talk to managers who help you at almost every turn. Nice and respectable coworkers who look out for yo like you're family. Great environment and good pay.
Good for a First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 6, 2018
Although the work proved easy enough for a first job (Cleaning, food prep, answering phones, taking orders, and making pizzas) the management was something just short of a nightmare. After one slip-up, my manager called me at 1:00 AM on a Sunday night and threatened to kill me. Other than that, the workplace environment was pretty chill. Everyone knew each other and when days were slow, the expendable ones were sent home. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what you were going to have to do and if it was something you had never done it before, learning how to do it. Even this was pretty tame, though. I enjoyed the people the most, both the customers and my co-workers. I ended up leaving because management was giving me terrible hours. Although I was available almost everyday from 12-12, I was scheduled exclusively at nights and on weekends. I was only working about 15 hours a week as well.
Pros
Cool People, Good First Job, Employee Discount
Cons
Inconsistent Schedule, Wack Management, Minimum Wage
above average
Insider/Driver (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLJune 6, 2018
Marcos pizza is a good place to work with quality customers and quality food, but all in all it is still a food place and has the same drawbacks they all do.
A great side job/ first job/ temporary job
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 6, 2018
Overall a good place to work. There aren't many advancement opportunities but it definitely has a fun staff, and the pay is nice for the type of work.
Pros
Pay is good with tips
Cons
No breaks, work can be stressful.
Good workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Management is not too strict, rules and regulations are reasonable, pay is poor, but you can eventually earn pay raises. It's fast paced at times, but for the most part its relaxed and rushes do not last longer than 3 hours.
It was fine.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJune 4, 2018
I worked there a while ago, but it wasn't horrible - as with all food services you work the hardest during rush hour and it gets chaotic but nothing downright unmanageable.
Over worked Under Paid
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2018
Over worked under paid. Worked 60-80 depending on management team working with you. Only paid 50hrs a week. Bi weekly check 1000 not worth all the stress and keep adding more work every week. Never hitting your bonus no matter how hard you work to get them they throw a loop in so you can't receive them. Will miss my regular customers and my team. It would be best not to have a family while working for Marco's you will never get to see them. Good Luck to who ever joins the Marco's Team.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Underpaid over worked
Not terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 2, 2018
One manager ruined the entire experience. Constant bullying, gossip, and general disrespect for employees and customers made her too difficult to work with
stressful
Insider (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJune 1, 2018
All the employees at the store I worked at had drama with each other. The work environment was hostile and it made working there hard and the pay was not worth the extra stress.
Poor Management
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 1, 2018
While working at Marco's Pizza it was very difficult to get in touch with my managers due to the fact that they would be smoking or just not around. It is located in a very unsafe environment. My manager always scheduled me for days that she knew I wasn't available for. I would give her a paper saying that I wasn't available and she would still schedule me for those days.
Pros
Discounts: 50% when working, 25% when off
Cons
No breaks, Bad management, horrible environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marco's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.