Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Found 1,330 reviews matching the search See all 1,337 reviews
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dade City, FLOctober 18, 2018
Ensure proper organization of the store. Managing any invoices and deposits
Baking pizzas for customers on time and learning new techniques on improving quality services, was the enjoyable
Respond professionally to compliments and complaints from customers, complaints were hard but compliments were great!
Pros
free lunch
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLOctober 18, 2018
Not good company to work only got one raise since I started just couldn't find more work new owners didn't approve of my technical achievement so it was best toive on
As far as Pizza delivery goes, Marco's is pretty good
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
I've worked at Marco's for about a year now (with a few months off) but comparing to the other companies I've delivered for I like Marco's. If you get to work for Harry and Sara, you should be very happy. They treat you like family and they actually show that they care about their team, even the drivers.
Poor pay and volatile upper management situations made for an unfortunate experience.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2018
Interviewed for a GM position and was set on course for training (hands on and module pc learning) at a store in South OKC area for large franchise. Was told I would make 11 to 12 an hour until I got on salary at my own store but after two weeks realized I was making 8.50 an hour. I call the district manager I had interviewed with and basically due to some problems at that level of management he could not pay what he had promised and could do nothing about it. I had just finished all my digital modules. They charged me twice for my MVR and a driver power cord that I never got in the first place. I had high hopes for Marco's Pizza and was sorely disappointed. I left Marco's that day, I had no choice as I could not pay my rent at 8.50 an hour. I would starve.
Pros
Good store manager was nice and staff were nice to work with.
Cons
Pay rate seems very low for the quality of work Marco's expects from it's staff, they say you get what you pay for...
Run very efficiently
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2018
This place is run extremely efficiently. It will challenge you to be great at what you do and offers plenty of mentorship to get better and possibly be put in a leadership role.
Friendly and fun place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 8, 2018
The crew members just bumped heads a lot. We didn’t work as a team like we should have . Some workers did more work than the others. Some people barley worked.
Not a very good work place
Pizza maker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 8, 2018
This was one of the worst places, all their management is not good and they promise a raise that never happens. I started when it first opened and left after a year because of all the promises that were never fulfilled.
Fun
Insider (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 8, 2018
It’s a fun, fast pace, quick and easy to learn job, it also gives you good hours, not a good pay but you will get a rause eventually. Its good for both part time and full time.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Shift Leader/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 6, 2018
Typical day involves prepping for the rush and making deliveries as needed. Managers closely followed the flow of product through the store and make sure orders were being fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Easy Job/Bad training
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALOctober 6, 2018
-Little to no training
-Easy enough job once you learn the basics.
-Management did not work around school schedule.
-A lot of wear and tear on your car.
Student Friendly
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXOctober 5, 2018
Its a great part time job. The days are fast and exciting. Management were usually helpful and willing to work with the employees. The all around culture and feel were good as too. The hardest part of the job is never running out of things to talk about or do. Management was always willing to work with school schedules and most of the time the employees had to receive little input from upper staff.
It could be a good place to work if they had a good manager that knew how to manage.
Delivery Driver and shift lead (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INSeptember 29, 2018
Marcos in Columbia City needs to do a lot of retraining of its employees. The manager they have now knows ABSOLUTELY nothing about being a manager. He wants to be everyone's friend instead of there boss, when he gets made instead of taking to you he yells at you in Front of every one there including customers.
its a pizza place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALSeptember 29, 2018
It was like all pizza place jobs. It's never fun. You're always fighting trafiic. Management was very poor in the location i happened to be at.
I wouldnt recommend.
Pk
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Ok place to start as a 1st job, very easy job. No guess work everything you do is written for you. Unfortunately you can only reach district manager position, no opportunity to move into corporate level.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
It paya the bills.
Great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 27, 2018
I loved Marcos I would meet new people the staff was great hard working individuals it's a very easy job it would be a great first time job.making the pizza is very easy
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Short breaks
Caution do not work here
District manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 26, 2018
Not a a good choice for employment. I never trained 1 day for my position i only had my experiance to count on. I met with owners twice over a 2 year period. Just a bunch of private investors not willing participate in there own business.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Marcos is fun
General Manager/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 26, 2018
I usually work 55+ hrs a week. The upper management doesn't listen to my concerns at the store level. Days go by sometimes before I hear back abiut a question.
Productive fun but somewhat low paying place to work
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILSeptember 25, 2018
It was a nice place to work at. I would recommend it to a friend looking for a temporary position, but the opportunity for advancement was somewhat low.
Great work environment , Great Pizza!
Delivery Driver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Had to be one of the most enjoyable "fast food" places i have worked. Introduced me to another franchise of pizza while also giving me an opportunity to learn the " Marco's Way " in a comfortable , safe , and friendly environment.
Pros
Discounts on Great Pizza.
Cons
Learning the Fort Bragg area
Bad manager
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 22, 2018
The only thing I liked about working here was making the pizzas. I was extremely good at my job, but was never appreciated for the hard work put in. Had a health issue that required a hospital stay and then had a family emergency and the manager could not care less and told me I was never dependable when I came in when I wasnt scheduled to help out if they were slammed
Pros
free pizza occasionally
Cons
horrible manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marco's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.