MARCONE APPLIANCE PARTS Employee Reviews

Ver competitive job
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time here as an employee the pay was awesome and the Co workers were very friendly aspnfpd helping in any situation it was Like family there .
Benefits
Poor leadership
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 11, 2018
I opened their Hartford Distribution Center when they decided to expand. As a distribution center manager I received zero support. For the first month they wouldn't even get someone in to fix the toilets and my employees had to go to local business to use the restroom. You would think an appliance part company would provide a refrigerator for their employees lunch. Nope, had to beg and plead to get that. AWFUL treatment of employees.
Good Start
Picker/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 6, 2018
Great place to start a career in warehousing. You will learn all the basic ins and outs of picking and packing. There are also other ob positions available to further your experience.
bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 24, 2017
the job was easy warehouse mangent sucked no backing from upper management I loved working there but when they hired a new warehouse manager the morale went to in the bucket
Productive and fun work place
WHOLESALE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOSeptember 16, 2017
The associates were fun and easy to work with. There was a very professional but relaxed environment within the office. Management was down to earth and very approachable. The pay was barely living wage so it catered more to lesser educated employees.
Pros
Comfortable enviroment to work in.
Cons
Barely living wage salary.
Managment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2017
Managers show favoritism, schedules change without proper notice, promises are made but never kept, there is no communication between management. Broken equipment which hinders job
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Insurance is painfully expensive
Good job in my line of work
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2017
Good work environment, good customer service, one of the most big name companies in the country. Good benefits and the pay is not bad but, it could be better.
Tough place to work
Chief Financial Officer /Senior VP of Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2017
A very tough place to work at the corporate center. Probably OK for call center, warehouse, and stores. Lot's of pressure to make sales. Limited benefits and salary increase are forced.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Demanding work place
very fast paced, good culture, lots of sale prizes
Customer Service Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2017
Answered multiple in-coming phone lines.
Made cold outbound sales calls.
Learned the industry of appliance and air conditioning.
Shadowed outside sales reps on the field.
Assisted with training classes from booking class to delivering food.
Managed accounts that average million dollars in sales.
Call center environment, management came and went a lot.
Culture differ to management , most times were fun and productive.
Pros
a life long career, customers for life, team work, health insurance
Cons
long drive
Restructured company and made it a difficult place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 12, 2017
Enjoyed working there at first but company completely changed way they did businesTreated employees differently after the restructuring. I enjoyed the work though.
Pros
good hours
Cons
changed bonus structure and company policies
fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 3, 2017
Fun company to work for and very fun people to work with. I loved being a part of this company's growth and was very lucky to meet some good friends here.
Better jobs out there
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 1, 2017
Working at Marcone was a bitter sweet experience. The job itself was pretty simple and the coworkers are easy to get along with, but management was pretty clueless and if you weren't a part of their inner circle then forget about promotions.
Pros
Solid hours
sweat Factory
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 26, 2017
I didn't really care for the human resource department. The ladies wasn't helpful and didn't seems as if they wanted to do they're job. Its a sweat shop and your always standing and moving.
Didn't work there too long
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 24, 2017
From what I remember the people were very helpful and the job was pretty easy. Walk around the warehouse and pick parts from a list. Being able to listen to music was a great time passer.
Absolutely a wonderful place to work.
Help Desk Tech and sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
From great encouragement to the friendly work environment you cant find a better group of people to work with. I so regret leaving this job but things happen.
Busy and Productive
Customer Care-Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2016
The workplace had busy and slow times with incoming calls for appliance parts, co-workers were helpful and worked as a team. Overall it was a good place to work until they downsized.
Pros
Team work & bonuses
Cons
drastic changes, company downsizing
Company running with poor upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619August 13, 2016
Marcone used to be a pretty good company to work but has currently become a inferior sorry one from the results of poor negative upper management and mayor financial issues.
Massisve company wide layoffs are the norm.
Pros
Cons
Low Morale -Poor benefits - Layoffs - No job security -
Marcone Experience
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2015
As a call center Manager, I found Marcone to be a very old school business to work for. They skirt the lines of ethical business and employment practices. Pay for long term employees was barely a living wage.
Long work days - no hard scheduled hours
PICKER-PACKER/RECIEVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2014
Overall experience working here was decent because of the team leaders made somewhat fun. But management tends to be very strict and does not allow any kind of idle chat during work hours even if its relevant of the task at hand.
If you work here, You cannot plan anything for the evenings as the warehouse works till end of day which is impossible to determine. Also don't plan on being able to be free on Saturdays in advance as management tends to tell the employees that Saturday is a mandatory work day on Friday.
If your lucky you may get a 10 minute break in the morning if your full time by coming in at 0700 sharp and that's only if they tell you to come in at that time. Anything after and they rarely give a break.
Head Management/RDC Manager tends to call a company meeting at the start of the afternoon break and counts the meeting as part of the break.
The shipping manager usually calls the meetings after breaks but cannot control when the RDC manager calls the meeting.
The team leaders made the job bearable in during my time there.
The work is fast paced and fairly fun and engaging. As long as the RDC Manager isnt there most of the crew there is relaxed and work flows quicker.
Be ready for the RDC manager to be breathing down your neck on everything you do.

Cell Phone policy is similar to that of a High School version of enforcement. If caught once you get a 1 day suspension with no pay. Caught again and you get fired from the warehouse.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Job Security
Cons
One 10 minute break in afternoon, Unpredictable Hours, Bad Treatment of Employees
Job security for 29 years
Warehouse Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 31, 2013
My job was always a challenge. From day to day there were always mistakes to be found from mislocated stock to missed items on the inventory cycle counts. Part of my responsibility was to catch the mistakes, correct them, and take appropriate actions to create / establish better inventory control measures.
I was a dedicated employee for 29 years. I began as a stock clerk, and worked my way up to inventory control specialist. After 29 years, the company required downsizing and out of 50 employees, I was the 7th remaining warehouse employee prior to being laid off.
The hardest part of my job was trying to locate misplaced products stocked incorrectly and inventory data entered inaccurately into the inventory control system. This was just the beginning of the problem, because first discovering where the problem actually began, who was responsible and how to correct it were all factors.
I also was responsible for adjusting the inventory counts in the system, and coordinating the inventory issues with the vendors.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was being approached by upper mgmt. for my input on various situations. I was also able to travel to Florida, Louisville, Kansas City, and other regional distribution centers to provide my input on how to better organize a more efficient inventory control system at their facilities.
My biggest disappointment was being let go after giving 29 years service. Especially, now that I am over 50 yrs. old, the job market is not where it should be and I am struggling to find any work.
Pros
Acknowlegement, recognition and compensation for my work
Cons
Hinderance and delays beyond my control to find, fix and deter problems