Marcum

Marcum Employee Reviews

United States11 reviews
Eh
Gave promises that they couldn't hold, then later in the future realized what they had and tried to get me back! Was a decent place to work for besides that, quality product, not great pay
Marcum
Was amazing working For Bill Marcum he was a great man and great boss. He showed love for his employees and would go out of his way for us. Would never have left.
Stressful, Low Pay and No Mngmt Support
The values that Marcum sells are just talking points, they do not walk the walk. Once you're onboard, everything changes.

The organization leadership is disorganized. 65 hour weeks every week are expected. PTO? Forget about taking any.

Communication between you and your boss will pretty much be nonexistent. And while your salary looks good on paper, you'll only be making about $4.25 when you consider all the hours you'll be expected to work. Expect to be berated and abused, and stressed over everything. You won't have a personal life.

HR is there to carry out the whims of the partners and protect them. Don't expect any help/support from the Nashville HR person.

Since I've been here, HR has posted jobs that were currently filled on a job recruiting website. Hired someone. Then fired the person in the job on a Friday at 5 pm, so they could bring in the new hire on Monday at a cheaper salary. This happened at the management and staff levels.
Cons
Lots of stress, No management support, low pay for hours worked
Toxic culture
There’s a lot of infighting and drama throughout the organization at all levels. The higher the level, the more toxic it gets. If you are aligned with the right people, you will be rewarded...
Pros
Resigning
Cons
Too many to list
Collaborative, fun people to work with
Overall their was a lot of collaborative and fun individuals to work with at Marcum. They do a lot of healthcare and employee benefit plans. Can be long hours, there is a decent amount of commuting. There are firm happy hours and such for employees.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great Intern Experience
Overall it was great place to start my career as an intern and if offered a job, I would highly consider working full time after I graduate college in December.
High turnover
Constant turnover, cut throat and toxic atmosphere, no team work as everyone's looking out for number #1. Power hungry people, they are just accountants but act very smug and self important.
Pros
Lots of free food, drinks, pto
Cons
Sociopathic people and culture
Fun workplace
Great company to work for, value employees, great benefits. Interns will get valuable experience from working there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with others in the office, other than that its great.
Excellent Company. I miss working for them.
Unfortunately, I had to move from New Jersey to Indiana, but I was very pleased with my job.

Marcum is a great company!
Its an okay place to work
Good learning environment but the people there, for the most part, are not the brightest and most helpful.
Good time
My brief stay there was pleasant. I wish they could have more work for me though.