Marcum Employee Reviews

Stressful, Low Pay and No Mngmt Support
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2018
The values that Marcum sells are just talking points, they do not walk the walk. Once you're onboard, everything changes.

The organization leadership is disorganized. 65 hour weeks every week are expected. PTO? Forget about taking any.

Communication between you and your boss will pretty much be nonexistent. And while your salary looks good on paper, you'll only be making about $4.25 when you consider all the hours you'll be expected to work. Expect to be berated and abused, and stressed over everything. You won't have a personal life.

HR is there to carry out the whims of the partners and protect them. Don't expect any help/support from the Nashville HR person.

Since I've been here, HR has posted jobs that were currently filled on a job recruiting website. Hired someone. Then fired the person in the job on a Friday at 5 pm, so they could bring in the new hire on Monday at a cheaper salary. This happened at the management and staff levels.
Cons
Lots of stress, No management support, low pay for hours worked
Toxic culture
NA (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2018
There’s a lot of infighting and drama throughout the organization at all levels. The higher the level, the more toxic it gets. If you are aligned with the right people, you will be rewarded...
Pros
Resigning
Cons
Too many to list
Great Intern Experience
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 25, 2017
Overall it was great place to start my career as an intern and if offered a job, I would highly consider working full time after I graduate college in December.
High turnover
Associate (Former Employee) –  MarcumNovember 10, 2016
Constant turnover, cut throat and toxic atmosphere, no team work as everyone's looking out for number #1. Power hungry people, they are just accountants but act very smug and self important.
Pros
Lots of free food, drinks, pto
Cons
Sociopathic people and culture
Fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 28, 2016
Great company to work for, value employees, great benefits. Interns will get valuable experience from working there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with others in the office, other than that its great.
Excellent Company. I miss working for them.
Customer Relations Coordinator I - Optimum Store (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJuly 19, 2016
Unfortunately, I had to move from New Jersey to Indiana, but I was very pleased with my job.

Marcum is a great company!
Its an okay place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2016
Good learning environment but the people there, for the most part, are not the brightest and most helpful.
Good time
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2013
My brief stay there was pleasant. I wish they could have more work for me though.